Did you do instructions for that one, too?

Hmmm, that's a very good question. Maybe it will be answered soon too.....

So Blakbird, in a round-about way, that is a YES??? :laugh: When can we expect to see them? Hopefully soon. :classic: I would also like to commend you on the amazing work you have done and would like to offer to you the much deserved respect from the AFOL and TFOL from around the world for the time that you put into everything that you do for us. This image may be the best that I have seen from you. Once again my friend, truly amazing work. I applaud you.

red_vampire_2.jpg

In all the amazing MOC's around here i haven't gave this one much attention.

But, those nice renders really make it look AWESOME!

Can't wait for instructions or parts-list.

Crowkillers/Paul, keep up the good work~!

Edited by captainmib

But, those nice renders really make it look AWESOME!

Agreed, those renders are stunning. How many parts does this beast have approximately/

tim

I appreciate the comments, but Eric has rendered far larger and better models in the past than anything that I have done... I am really amazed at how he got all of the angles so perfect in this one though... He is truly is an artist...

@timr

I believe he said that there were 1,900...

There are 2 sets of instructions, one for the Black Version and one for the Red Version and each has 121 pages with a full parts list...

First post!

Just checked and the instructions are now available for download, 12$!!

I e-mailed him yesterday and he said that he and Eric were charging only $12 for 2 sets of instructions and the parts list for both the red Model and the black one. That is a extremely good deal considering you get both sets. I see a new video has also been released. I don't think he could have picked a better song choice. :sweet:

Edited by TechnicJuan

I think this is the first time I got chills running up my neck watching a Lego video. :tongue: If I wasn't sold before, I am now. After seeing the vid, this model is even better than I expected.

Edited by Meatman

I was waiting for the video to write any comment. It was worth the time. The front of the car is a flawless gem. I cannot think of any other LEGO car with better front. The rest is super... but the front. :wub:

I got a question for Paul (or anybody available to answer):

The partslist, will that remain secret? Will it be indexed in rebrickable?

I like to know if i can build it with the parts i have currently have.

(i assume having 8070 will help a lot, maybe you can clear it out a bit)

Last but not least, Lego should hire you to build a new supercar-set for them...

I got a question for Paul (or anybody available to answer):

The partslist, will that remain secret? Will it be indexed in rebrickable?

I like to know if i can build it with the parts i have currently have.

Nobody can build it with the parts they already have because some of the parts don't exist yet! Personally, I don't see any reason we couldn't put the parts list on ReBrickable. Stay tuned.

Nobody can build it with the parts they already have because some of the parts don't exist yet! Personally, I don't see any reason we couldn't put the parts list on ReBrickable. Stay tuned.

In red they do right?

The parts list comes w/purchase. I would know. :wink: I would wait to post it on Rebrickable until hearing directly from Paul. Professional courtesy and all. Paul's a great guy, and probably won't mind, someday, but he may want to wait. He and Eric put a LOT of time into this whole thing.

Eric, do you know when you guys are releasing them? I e-mailed Paul and he mentioned about talking to you about something after you returned from vacation? As far as parts go, what are the parts not released yet? The black panels?

Eric, do you know when you guys are releasing them? I e-mailed Paul and he mentioned about talking to you about something after you returned from vacation? As far as parts go, what are the parts not released yet? The black panels?

Well, I'm back from vacation! The black panels are not available in a couple of sizes, but they are in red. Black will be available in 9397 when it comes out. Also, the 19L black flex axles exist but they are very rare. So for both those reasons the red is much easier to build. The black "deluxe" version also uses all black and grey pins instead of blue to make it look better, but obviously you could do this however you like.

I don't see any reason why not either... I say get it up as soon as possible... Anyone who wants to build either car can get a jump start by getting all of the needed parts early...

I don't see any reason why not either... I say get it up as soon as possible... Anyone who wants to build either car can get a jump start by getting all of the needed parts early...

All right then, it's settled. What do I need to do to get the parts list on rebrickable?

All right then, it's settled. What do I need to do to get the parts list on rebrickable?

I can add it for you if you can provide me with the parts list in any format. MPD/LXF is easiest but considering I added Grohl's 2000+ part Viggen from photos, anything will do :)

According to crowkiller's website the instructions will be ready Jan. 20th. His other Supercar also has a release date of the 18th. :sweet:

I've just ordered the building instructions for the Supercar Deluxe2. Can't wait to start building.

I'm only missing a few parts in the right color whoohoo! (and again, Rebrickable rules!) default_thumbup.gif

I've just ordered the building instructions for the Supercar Deluxe2. Can't wait to start building.

I'm only missing a few parts in the right color whoohoo! (and again, Rebrickable rules!) default_thumbup.gif

I already have the chassis built. There are some very unique building techniques used. I too am waiting for some oddball parts that I had to order. :classic:

Now where are those Vampire Instructions??? :sceptic:

I already have the chassis built. There are some very unique building techniques used. I too am waiting for some oddball parts that I had to order. :classic:

I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on the quality of the instructions. I went for a balance of sharpness (300 dpi) and reasonable file size to get a file that looked as good and was as readable as possible. I also did a lot of experiments with the settings in LDView to get the image sizes, lighting, and edge line size to look as good as possible. Did it all work? There are a couple of disadvantages with purely visual instructions such as the fact that you can't tell the difference between light gray and pearl light gray. I highlighted the pearl parts in the BOM to make it easier. I also changed the color of the edge lines on rubber so you can tell the difference between rubber and black, but I guess it is pretty obvious that the only rubber parts are the tires.

I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on the quality of the instructions. I went for a balance of sharpness (300 dpi) and reasonable file size to get a file that looked as good and was as readable as possible. I also did a lot of experiments with the settings in LDView to get the image sizes, lighting, and edge line size to look as good as possible. Did it all work? There are a couple of disadvantages with purely visual instructions such as the fact that you can't tell the difference between light gray and pearl light gray. I highlighted the pearl parts in the BOM to make it easier. I also changed the color of the edge lines on rubber so you can tell the difference between rubber and black, but I guess it is pretty obvious that the only rubber parts are the tires.

I think you did a really great job! The instructions are easy to read, the file size is acceptable, etc. Distinguishing colors, especially gray tones, is always hard using a PDF.

Obviously, I haven't built the model yet, so I can't express my final judgment, but I am very pleased with the instructions. Will let you know when I have finished building this great car.

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the Vampire! default_thumbup.gif