Sign in to follow this  
Thea Neotera

Tantive IV 10198 Interior Redesign

Hello everyone. So I am not sure if starting a new topic on redesigns is okay, but I could not find an all-encompassing page for them, so here goes. Nothing too special, but it was the first set alteration that I ever made and I'm pretty proud of it. I re-did the nose of the ship to make it look a lot cleaner (the original was much too blocky, in my opinion). I also added additional half-hexagon pieces to the sides of the cockpit to make it more horizontally symmetrical.

But my favorite redesign was the interior of the ship. I wanted to give it dark floors and white walls just like in the movie. I also wanted better seats, so I moved apart the computer consoles and duplicated Leia's chair. I think the overall redesign is much more spacious and endearing to the original interior shots. There is also a central path leading to Leia's desk, so people can now actually get into the room! :P

Please let me know what you think.

tantive1.jpg

tantive2.jpg

tantive3.jpg

tantive4.jpg

Very nice job Thea Neotera :thumbup:, the interior looks much smoother now, it also looks bigger somehow.

Thanks so much, guys. And yeah, Mr. Man... once I did the redesign, I could not imagine why they packed everything in so tightly... Seems silly in retrospect.

I always thought the blue rug was also a little silly until I noticed the flooring in Leia's stateroom from "Star Wars: The Complete Cross-Sections." It's similar in color, so maybe that's what they were going for?

Still have mine sealed, and I am a bit shocked now, are the cockpit cones really that un-white in person, or is it due to your camera / flash / whatever ? Please let me know..

Still have mine sealed, and I am a bit shocked now, are the cockpit cones really that un-white in person, or is it due to your camera / flash / whatever ? Please let me know..

The upper part of the cockpit is a different sort of white due to the fact that it is a transparant piece with print.

The camera may have added a bit more contrast, but not much. Unlike the lower half of the cockpit, the top half is made up of transparent pieces. The white just didn't print on as thickly as they probably imagined. It is noticeably darker for sure, but not enough to ruin my love of the model :P

EDIT: I'm on my phone and didn't scroll all the way down, LoL. Didn't see the answer was already posted.

Edited by Thea Neotera

Thanks, guys! I was aware it was diffferent, but I never thought that much..

@Thea - no worries, I actually wanted to know how the difference between photo / real thing is, so your answer was still needed!

I am also planing to have the interior redone on mine, but didn't have the time to even build it so far. Everything always takes me ages.... Luckily I don't see anything I have to mod on the TIE next year and have already very specific ideas about the X and Y, but that's another story.

I only had to order 54 extra pieces to mod the interior and cockpit the way I did, so it's not extensive. I might do a little more modding now that I am rebuilding the ship. I will post pics if anything else changes.