Sign in to follow this  
Lego_Hero

CAT 1: Busy Day in Gotham City

[Hey Folks,

Being limited on the number of pics you can show made this pretty difficult to say the least. Please feel free to check the Brickshelf file once it goes public. There are over seventy photos and some of them show a great deal more detail.]

It looks like the guards at Arkham Asylum left the back door open. Everyone worth their salt is out and about looking for some trouble to get in!

gotham_city_028.jpg

In this first pic, we see the Lion's Den Gentlemen's Club (left) and Gotham Central Trust (right). That's the Batmobile coming out of the shadows of the alley. In the sewers, you can see Killer Crock making arrangements for Gotham City to sink to his level. Robin is hanging from the Penguin's airship, where he is remote controling the automated penguins on the ground. A couple of Gotham's finest are trying to stop them.

gotham_city_027.jpg

Here we have the back view. Nothing special other than the Bat-logo on the base.

gotham_city_004.jpg

As you can see, Gotham Central Trust is not the place to be! Between the tunnel rats, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy, the bank may be closing early today.

gotham_city_056.jpg

Inside the Lion's Den, we see some gansters playing pool, a nice cozy study, and the Joker asserting himself as the new owner. Don't feel too bad for the previous owner; you can see what he did with his competition in the attic. Also in the sewers, Nightwing is disarming the boms that Killer Crock is setting.

gotham_city_009.jpg

Scarecrow is using his fear toxins on our poor bank teller.

Scarecrow: "Chickens? You're afraid of Chickens?"

Mr. Freeze is using his freeze ray on the security guard.

Mr. Freeze: "No, YOU freeze!"

Poinson Ivy's plants have made a new door into the bank president's office.

Poison Ivy: "Green is my favorite color."

gotham_city_043.jpg

Robin is about to pay the Penguin a visit.

Robin: "Holy flying penguins, Batman!"

Batman has found some rif-raf hiding in the alley. There's also a good shot of the Lion's Den lion.

gotham_city_005.jpg

Tommy: "Hey Sal, didn't Scarface bury that councilman around here when they was pouring the foundation?"

Sal: "Nah Tommy, that's just a myth like Jimmy Hoffa. Keep diggin'; I think we're gettin' close!"

gotham_city_068.jpg

Joker: "There's nothing like a little laughing gas to make for a smooth transition of ownership!"

[What you may not be able to see in the background is the Joker's wanted poster on the wall and the former owner's diploma in the wastebasket behind the clowns.]

I encourage you to go to my Brickshlef page linked above to see more pics! I'm especially proud of the gangsters playing pool, the Penguin's airship, Robin, and the Batmobile coming out of the shadows.

Special thanks to whoever posted Robin and Nightwing's masks on the Minifig Customization Network website (years ago)! I think everything else was either stock or made by me. Good Luck, everyone!

I'd love to see Batman sitting in his Batmobile having a coffee with all the buzz going on around him :D

So cool, I love all the detail and the minifigs! (And Atlantis vines FTW! :laugh:) Good luck in the competition!

And they say penguins can't fly! Bah! :laugh:

That is a wonderful MOC with lots of action and humor in it! Outstanding! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I love your entry!

Funny, absurd and heroic - that's how Lego Batman should be (and with stylish vehicles for the heroes and the villains - Penguin's balloon is great and pure fun).

You've created several different stories for us to discover and to follow.

Well done!

The dirigible was the most fun and challenging build. It was originally 34 studs long with long feet. I couldn't make it fit so I made the feet shorter. If you go to the brickshelf link there's a good shot from below where the penguin shape really shows.

The dirigible was the most fun and challenging build. It was originally 34 studs long with long feet. I couldn't make it fit so I made the feet shorter. If you go to the brickshelf link there's a good shot from below where the penguin shape really shows.

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang