M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] Luke VS The Rancor (Micro-Mood Scale)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This community build was the perfect chance for me to revisit a classic scene, but I didn't want to just build a V2 of my Minifig-scale Rancor, so I decide to go smaller!

rancor.jpg

As with all my builds, I try to present as accurate and detailed a model as possible.

rancor2.jpg

I'll be uploading a complete gallery of pics to Mocpages tomorrow, although, most of the cool shots are here! :wink:

rancor3.jpg

A size comparison:

rancor4.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

UPDATE!

Thanks to suggestions from fallenangel309 and Hollander, I redesigned and rebuilt the tail. I think it's much more accurate to the "real" thing now. Thanks, guys! :wink:

lvr.jpg

Clever use of the click hinge to represent the rancor's snout. :thumbup: The leg work is superb as well. I think the tail could be improved, though - as it is now it's rather board-like. Perhaps something along the lines of a cone?

Great work, as always! You still manage to surprise me every single time with your creations. And this one is no exception. The Rancor is awesome, I haven't seen any other ones in this scale before. However, I agree with fallenangel that the tail might need some improvements, to make it even better.

Clever use of the click hinge to represent the rancor's snout. :thumbup: The leg work is superb as well. I think the tail could be improved, though - as it is now it's rather board-like. Perhaps something along the lines of a cone?

Thanks! Now that you say that, the tail is a bit thin. I think a cone piece may be a bit thick, but I could definately add some more plates to fatten that part a bit. Thanks for the feedback! :classic:

Great work, as always! You still manage to surprise me every single time with your creations. And this one is no exception. The Rancor is awesome, I haven't seen any other ones in this scale before. However, I agree with fallenangel that the tail might need some improvements, to make it even better.

Thanks! I always aim to please. :laugh: I actually believe this is the very FIRST micro-scale Lego Rancor, as I couldn't find any others online. Like I said in my last comment, I will work to fatten up the tail before I post this on Mocpages tomorrow. :wink:

Nice work Mood. I would have like to see your V1 Rancor next to see the scale diffrenc. From memory it looks very simialr but im sure you dont have it bult anymore. Very well done as usuall. :thumbup:

Really fantastic Micro scale Rancor M<0><0<DSWIM. Why not set the Moodland scale Luke onto the Rancor eh that will teach it :grin:.

I think the scale effect on the back of the Rancor is becoming one of your specialties. You've nailed it here. Also love the hands. I think what the tail needs is a hinge, so it can be bent backwards.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I think the scale effect on the back of the Rancor is becoming one of your specialties. You've nailed it here. Also love the hands. I think what the tail needs is a hinge, so it can be bent backwards.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, and thanks for blogging this! :sweet: I originally had the tail on a hinge, but, because it's the only thing keeping this guy from falling backwards, making it move seemed pointless. I actually redesigned and rebuilt the tail last night to make it fatter and will add a pic sometime today. :classic:

Another excellent CB entry Mood! :thumbup: The Rancor is quite accurately done, and the micro-Luke with the bone is very cute! Though like what Mr Man said, it would be nice to see the Rancor picking up a fight with someone his own size in Moodland-scale Luke. :laugh:

Another excellent CB entry Mood! :thumbup: The Rancor is quite accurately done, and the micro-Luke with the bone is very cute! Though like what Mr Man said, it would be nice to see the Rancor picking up a fight with someone his own size in Moodland-scale Luke. :laugh:

Thanks! I might have to take a pic of that and post it here just for you guys! :laugh:

Looks really nice to me....Does the tail help hold up the rancor as well? I also like the new style tail better..

Thanks! Yes, the tail does keep him from falling over. :hmpf:

Great work Mood! :thumbup: How positionable is he? I see some joints....

Well, he's designed basically like a Moodland fig, so he's super-poseable, HOWEVER, because of the positioning of the legs, only the arms are truly moveable without him falling over. :laugh:

The tail is certainly improved, looks way more natural this way. You should also make a Moodland King Kong, and let it battle with the Micro-Mood Scale Rancor. :laugh:

The tail is certainly improved, looks way more natural this way. You should also make a Moodland King Kong, and let it battle with the Micro-Mood Scale Rancor. :laugh:

LOL! :laugh:

Hello!

A fantastic vignette! :classic: The Rancor is again spot-on! :sweet: I am just not sure the scale difference stands out enough because of the immense size of the Rancor. He could also easily grab the real minifigure. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nice Rancor. I really like it in this scale. The legs look great, and I see you were able to use some of original Moodland techniques. I also love that head.

Great job :thumbup:

Hello!

A fantastic vignette! :classic: The Rancor is again spot-on! :sweet: I am just not sure the scale difference stands out enough because of the immense size of the Rancor. He could also easily grab the real minifigure. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks! Y'know, one of the biggest challenges, besides design and detail issues, was getting the scale right. Depending on what model/photo you look at, the rancor appears to be several different sizes. Now that I've looked at the build for a bit, I don't know if he actually COULD be considered minifig scale instead of micro. :sceptic:

Nice Rancor. I really like it in this scale. The legs look great, and I see you were able to use some of original Moodland techniques. I also love that head.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks! If you stand this guy up next to one of my Moodland figs, he's pretty much the same size (and uses the same parts, mostly). :wink:

A stuuning MOC! The rancor looks fantastic!

Now I don't know if I am the only one but I think it looks pretty close to a minifig scale rancor. I would love to see a picture of it holding minifig Luke or a Gamorrean.