lego-maniac

CAT 1: Batman Returns (1992 Burton)

Hi All

I'm glad to present my version of Batman directly inspired by the Burton's version : Batman returns edited in 1992

Even if Nolan's versions are incredible (can't wait for The Dark Knight Rise..) I really would like to underline Burton's work.

So here is BATMAN RETURNS

6376334555_24a4693750.jpg

Batman Returns by LegoManiac - (LM), on Flickr

70082725.jpg

398086MG1457.jpg327688MG1393.jpg

653681MG1469.jpg691422MG1442.jpg

70081799.jpg

70298974.jpg

Some details about this creation :

This moc has been inspired by the movie Batman Returns and all shot screen used for the build are avalaible here

8 leds

Real fence in the road under the upsidedown 4X4 round plates to have the effect in the sewer with led inside

No pics have been edited in photoshop, they are all direct shots from the camera.

Snow effect has been realised with "iced sugar"

On the roof the little bat signal has been made like this

in a reversed tire.

If ever you would like see more details do not hesitate, I'll upload more pics on my blog.

Thanks again for this contest and good luck everyone !

Hope you'll enjoy,

check the making off of this moc with extra pics

Edited by lego-maniac

I was going to do something like this except it would be based on Arkham City, but then I figures out that I wouldn't have the resources to do that, but very good job. :classic:

As soon as I saw this on FBTB, I knew it was for this contest and was wondering when you would post it here.

Great work once again. It's well built and really has that film noir feel of the Burton films. It almost seems like a miniature set piece! The way you lit the sewer is particularly clever.

Good job and good luck in the contest (although I doubt you need it :tongue: ).

Also I just noticed Catwoman. Why is she wearing a cape?

-Omi

I believe that that is a stand-in fig for Batman, thus the cape and the Catwoman mask, since that is the closest to the actual Bat-mask. I really like this, I too was going to make a city scene for this category, Might still happen, but with only 14 days left I doubt it will be done in time. :sadnew:

Edited by Darth Nihilus

I believe that that is a stand-in fig for Batman, thus the cape and the Catwoman mask, since that is the closest to the actual Bat-mask.

Has Catwoman body too. :P

-Omi

The canal is disapointing not a very interesting set ill pass on this onee

WTF ? :facepalm:

'samejeff' it's a MOC not a set ? :ugh:

Anyway, 'legomaniac' great work....again from you....you Bat-brick genius you ! :excited:

And Bat's is wearing Cat-woman's outfit....oh, Robin will be pleased ! :iamded_lol:

Bat-brick On same Bat-time same Bat-channel ! :wink:

The competition just stepped up a notch! That's an impressive piece of work there. I love the architectural themes. It definitely reminds me of the movie setting.

I am on my knees!!! Such a great MOC, and from my favourite Batman movie. You did a great job catching the Burton design for it with all the gigantic creepy houses, all the variations of grey and the deliberately out-of-place giant Christmas tree. Oh, and the fantastic Shreck cat of course! :wub:

Definitely made my day, lego-maniac!

Edited by Miss Kyle

No. This is not happening. :cry_happy:

Not only is it an exceptional MOC! It's a MOC on one of my favourite movies, with me in it! How much better can it get! :wub: Bravo!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Woho so many comments ! thanks a lot

This is a really great moc from the movie. :)

-Omi

thanks ! ;)

As soon as I saw this on FBTB, I knew it was for this contest and was wondering when you would post it here.

Great work once again. It's well built and really has that film noir feel of the Burton films. It almost seems like a miniature set piece! The way you lit the sewer is particularly clever.

Good job and good luck in the contest (although I doubt you need it :tongue: ).

ok Oky, Thanks for your comments ! I just take time to post 'cause I was looking for an idea to present the pictures. The whole MOC is really not easy to shot, it's impossible to give in a simple pic all the atmosphere of the moc. Even if the 3 buildings are not studed but put on tiles, leds and sewer make it difficult to remove for pics..

(Did you notice that we're often in "competition" on different contest ? I find it funny, and when I read a contest I always think : "argggh oki will enter too and sure he'll post something that makes me jalous !" lol

Also I just noticed Catwoman. Why is she wearing a cape?

because she takes Batsy cape this morning after breakfast :tongue:

This is like my favorite one so far!! I love it!

Wait, still 14 days to see more impressive entry !

Anyway, 'legomaniac' great work....again from you....you Bat-brick genius you ! :excited:

And Bat's is wearing Cat-woman's outfit....oh, Robin will be pleased ! :iamded_lol:

Bat-brick On same Bat-time same Bat-channel ! :wink:

Thanks you enjoy this Bat Series LT ;)

The competition just stepped up a notch! That's an impressive piece of work there. I love the architectural themes. It definitely reminds me of the movie setting.

If you remmeber the movie when you see this moc, I think that the moc is well done and this is the better comment I could expect. so ... thanks a lot !

I am on my knees!!! Such a great MOC, and from my favourite Batman movie. You did a great job catching the Burton design for it with all the gigantic creepy houses, all the variations of grey and the deliberately out-of-place giant Christmas tree. Oh, and the fantastic Shreck cat of course! :wub:

Definitely made my day, lego-maniac!

Thanks a lot Miss Kyle. As it's your favorite Batman Movie hope you'll enjoy the details.

In the Wip I've even tried the Schreck's logo but too big for the moc. On this WIP poster, you could see differents details of the moc if you want :

373649TeaserBatReturns.jpg

I see what you mean about the logo. It looks awesome on the WIP poster, but I think it would have clashed with the greyness in the final version. In this way, the tree is the colourful centre - the Schreck logo would have distracted the viewer. Good decision :)

No. This is not happening. :cry_happy:

Not only is it an exceptional MOC! It's a MOC on one of my favourite movies, with me in it! How much better can it get! :wub: Bravo!

:blush: I'm so pleased you enjoy it and thanks a lot for your comment ! When I've read "The Penguins and WhiteFang organise a Bat Contest" I know it was time to moc this movie !

Sorry it it's not really you on the moc ('cause I only have 2 bat figs : Batsy and Catsy) but it represents you :blush: and considered that you're my special guest :tongue:

I see what you mean about the logo. It looks awesome on the WIP poster, but I think it would have clashed with the greyness in the final version. In this way, the tree is the colourful centre - the Schreck logo would have distracted the viewer. Good decision :)

wow, you've exactly understand the color sheme of the dio... :blush: txx a lot for underline it !

Did you notice that we're often in "competition" on different contest ? I find it funny, and when I read a contest I always think : "argggh oki will enter too and sure he'll post something that makes me jalous !" lol

:laugh: Indeed, I too am working on a multi-layered entry for this category, although I'm not sure if it can live up to yours. :wink: However, with only two weeks left and many busy days ahead of me, I am not sure if I can complete it by the deadline. :cry_sad:

wow, you've exactly understand the color sheme of the dio... :blush: txx a lot for underline it !

Well, art historians have to be good for something! :laugh:

That is such a wonderful MOC, it's really fun to look at it, to discover the details and enjoy the atmosphere. :thumbup:

Very impressive work, thanks for sharing it with us! :classic:

Well, art historians have to be good for something! :laugh:

No doubt about it ! :tongue:

That is such a wonderful MOC, it's really fun to look at it, to discover the details and enjoy the atmosphere. :thumbup:

Very impressive work, thanks for sharing it with us! :classic:

Txx for your comment. I think that showing WIP and technics is really the aim of a forum like EB or others to help members to progress and to learn about other creation. The AFOL communauty brings me so much when I've discovered EB, Flick and Brickpirate 3 years ago that I'm really proud now to add my bricks to the wall ! :sweet:

Edited by lego-maniac

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang