Sign in to follow this  
bootz

MOC - The vehicles of my town.

I had some free time on my hands today so I decided to re-photograph my vehicle collection. Most of these i've posted before, but since I reshot them all I figured I would post them all.

As I've said before, I much prefer the traditional 4-wides to the newer city style cars, but I plan to add some of them too.

Octan COE(Cab Over Engine) Light Duty This is a MOD of the small pickup from 10041/6390 Main Street. I didn't alter it much aside from the bed, but I did build a second one which is slightly larger. I've decided to place it under the Octan brand. In my Lego world, Octan sells oil and automobiles! :laugh:

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

Bolt Stallion Sprint & GT Meant to be a compact Pony car, I feel it's slightly reminiscent of the hatchback Fox-body Mustangs of the 1980's. I wanted to build something as small as Lego's 3177 Small Car, but with more style(I can't stand Smart Cars) and I think I succeeded.

First the 6-cylinder Sprint...

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

And the V8-powered Stallion GT!

IMAG0445.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

With a slight modification to the front I feel it makes a decent Minifig-scale Toyota AE86.

IMAG0448.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

Bolt Interceptor GT 440 A MOD of the police car from 4850 Spiderman's First Chase. A large muscle car powered by a 440 cubic inch V8 derived from the engine used in the Bolt Interceptor that will pace the first running of the 24 Hours of Legoredo road race(something I will get to as I grow my town a bit more this year.)

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

Bolt Interceptor Police Special The Bolt Interceptor line ranges from 6-cylinder sedans to V8 powered station wagons. Here is the Police Special. Using the same wheelbase as the Interceptor Coupe, but the rear overhang is 1 stud shorter and the base of the windshield has been moved forward a stud for increased maneuverability and visibility for the officer.

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

Seagrave Hook and Ladder I know I could more properly capture the look of these trucks in an 8-wide, but I just love the way this came out.

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

Octan Kodiak Octan's Hummer H1 size Sport Utility Vehicle. A MOD of the 4x4 from 7206, this is the Fire Chief's vehicle of choice.

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

Octan Blaze Commander Not so much a MOD as a rebuild. I rebuilt it from memory so it's slightly different in the rear and the sticker is long gone by now. This was one of my favorites when I was little. 6525

IMAG0472.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C is welcome as always.

Edited by bootz

Thanks guys. I like the SUV too, but the thing is MASSIVE. It even looks big next to the Seagrave, so I'm thinking about shrinking the wheelbase by two studs.

I need to invest in more car parts in different colors. I'd like to make an Octan sedan in brown, and a small Octan to compete with the Stalion is coming.

Great vehicle collection 'bootz', your fire fighting vehicles are still my favourite's ! :grin:

A fusion of current design theme's with some good old classic town does work sometimes and it works for your creations. :wink:

Keep them coming and Brick On Drive On 'bootz' ! :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

Great collection! My favourite is the SUV as you already know but I like the interceptors and the Seagrave very much. :thumbup:

Thanks guys for the comments. I'm in love with the Interceptor GT, that basic design is something I've been tinkering with for the better part of a decade now and I think this is the best it has looked, even though it is mostly a Lego design.

I'm very proud of the Stallions too, I've wanted to redo the Lego Small Car into something better since I first got the set.

Now the challenge is building an Octan small car on the same chassis while making it look distinctive enough from the Bolts.

Got two new additions yesterday. Now that they're in stores(well, at TRU anyway) I'm going to get a different one every week.

IMAG0484.jpg

I was thinking since they're so drastically different from my 4-wide Bolts that I would badge these as Octans.

Edited by bootz

Those new sets look nice 'bootz'....you could call them Goel's ? :wink:

Oh, I can't wait for these vehicle sets even the cop car looks even better than earlier ones. :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'bootz' ! :classic:

Those new sets look nice 'bootz'....you could call them Goel's ? :wink:

Oh, I can't wait for these vehicle sets even the cop car looks even better than earlier ones. :wink:

My only issue is that they are massive compared to my classic style cars. And there were a few minor design issues that I had to fix. I'll make a thread on that when I have some spare time. Tonight we're doing the Christmas tree :laugh:

I love the new forrest ranger uniform though, I think I may get the new police station and give my small city a forrest theme.

Good looking cars! On the whole I'm more partial to bigger cars, but I know a good four-wide when I see one.

My favorite is probably the Stallion.

Thank you very much for the comments, guys. I often worry that my cars don't stand up to the more detailed 5 and 7 wides that you see so it

makes me happy to see that people do like these.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's out of line to ask, but could an admin please index these?

Edited by bootz

Bolt Python I got the idea for this one the other night and just finished it this morning. Well, I shouldn't say I finished it yet, I ordered a red base for it to replace the grey one, but it's basically 99% to my satisfaction. My inspiration for this one was Dodge Viper, though when I started I was thinking Jag E-type.

IMAG0526.jpg

^The headlights will be replaced with the dark trans cheese. I could only find one.

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

I love the Kammback rear I ended up with. I started this build with a vision for the front and none for the rear so it took a bit of tinkering before I ended up with this, but I'm very happy with it.

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

The SNOT steering wheel is necessitated by the tight cockpit.

IMAG0534.jpg

^Designer and factory test driver. Some say that he thought Star Wars was a documentary...

IMAG0540.jpg

Poor Officer Richard Stubbs had to surrender the chassis of his vehicle :wacko:

Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex

IMAG0535.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

IMAG0537.jpg

And two new additions...

IMAG0538.jpg

Edited by bootz

Indeed it is. I had been watching a lot of Initial D when I built that one.

Now, if Dr Nightmare waned to do an 8 wide version of the Python.... :wink:

Again, nice work 'bootz'...I really like the red car and you packed in a few extra details...not so easy in a four wide. :wink:

Keep them coming 'bootz'....Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

Again, nice work 'bootz'...I really like the red car and you packed in a few extra details...not so easy in a four wide. :wink:

Keep them coming 'bootz'....Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

Thanks LT. I tried to make the details interesting, as it is supposed to be Bolt's halo sports car. :laugh:

I often worry that my cars don't stand up to the more detailed 5 and 7 wides that you see so it makes me happy to see that people do like these.

I'm not a fan of 4-wide because of the limited detail, so it's impressive to me when you folks get distinct shapes at this size.

I haven't updated this in quite a while, but here's a few new ones.

First, the updated 2013 Bolt Python

IMAG1217.jpg

IMAG1218.jpg

Next, what started as me trying to update 6525 Blaze Commander morphed into something else, so here is a Octan Brush Commander.

IMAG1219.jpg

IMAG1220.jpg

IMAG1221.jpg

This next one I haven't named yet, but its a black GT car. This belongs in front of a movie theater

IMAG1223.jpg

IMAG1224.jpg

And last a car my little brother modded, his Smart Car with flower cart.

IMAG1213.jpg

IMAG1212.jpg

Edited by bootz

Great fire vehicle and that sweet black GT :grin: 'bootz'......but that flower vehicle.....balance will be it's problem ! :laugh:

And the V8-powered Stallion GT!

I LOVE this one. I think it fits in among the "official" cars while still looking distinctive. That's not always an easy line to walk.

Bolt Interceptor GT 440

I've already told you I love this one, but I figured it was worth reiterating.

Seagrave Hook and Ladder I know I could more properly capture the look of these trucks in an 8-wide, but I just love the way this came out.

This looks at least as good as the officially released fire engines I've seen. I especially like the look of the rounded front end.

Bolt Python

I love the steering wheel here. There's certainly nothing wrong with the completed car, but honestly, I think if you started again at this point and built as an open-topped design you'd have something really awesome.

Poor Officer Richard Stubbs had to surrender the chassis of his vehicle

Closing on an unrelated question. Do you have any idea where that police torso came from. I think I prefer it to a lot of the other Police torsos I've seen.

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images