Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

I found the 30201 Ghost polybags in the Halloween section at Target tonight. They had lots of them.

Get me one! I'll be your best friend.

Hey, I just relaized that once Target comes to Canada, I might finally get a fair crack at some of these swell polybags... Hmm.

I found the 30201 Ghost polybags in the Halloween section at Target tonight. They had lots of them.

Yep,same here though may Target doesn't really have a Halloween section yet(only candy,had 40 or near there of them).Great timing though on the release.

My Target didn't have any Halloween section or candy sections. They still have Back to school stuff. I'll keep looking. I've checked a few different Targets around here. I was excited when I first heard that! Although after buying the Monster Accessory Pack from S@H, I may not need as many polybags as I originally wanted.

You Americans and your blasted Targets.

I'm holding out hope, faint as it is, that there may be some of these around NYC when I visit there next month. Ya never know... fingers crossed the Rockefeller Center brand store somehow gets some of these to celebrate Halloween or whatever, 'cause I doubt going to a Target in Queens will be a suggestion that goes over well.

I hate to advertise my videos, but I released a video review of the new Ghost polybag (30201) that

!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rArRalB7tc

In the video, I even made a side-by-side comparison of the old and the new Ghost minifigures.

that ball piece, according to a friend's then-8yr old brother back at the debut of bionicle, is called a chikkabugger.

Found this in the TOWN forum in a topic by domino39 from August 27th.

Seems to be a Mini-scale version of Haunted House...

more pictures at his Brickshelf Gallery.

p11.jpg

p11306.jpg

Once again, this is not mine... But I sure wish I had one! :wub:

EDIT: Whoops! forgot the topic link: Mini Haunted House

Edited by Murdoch17

Like, WOW!

I'm a bit of a lurker on this forum, but i really love this new line! This week i've already purchased 5 sets, and i'm feeling like i've been swung back to the 80's again when the first Pirate sets were launched.

This new line has put me back on track with my lego, and i'm hoping they make some more of this next year! The only thing i have to wait for now is the Haunted Mansion...Happy halloween everybody!

Bought the lab set recently, interesting set. Vehicle looks ridiculous but I have no interest in that side of this theme.

7994519229_31b4ece8a5_z.jpg

7994518599_aeb276d163_z.jpg

Do Not Want scene from Star Wars...

7994525688_e4de87c83c_z.jpg

more photos on Flickr

I swore I wasn't going to get these. I now have picked up everything except the Castle and Mansion (getting those in Oct) plus all of the matching CMF minifigs, and I went back and got an Igor and old school mad scientist from the studio line on Bricklink. It's just to delightfully twisted of a theme. You can get away with doing awful things to minifigs.

I decided to take advantage of the free shipping and polybag from s@h, and bought the zombies and some PaB I'd been waiting to buy. The order was $75.09, so I got the polybag. Since some of the order was PaB, it is being shipped in two orders, one with the set and one with the PaB. Yesterday, I received the set and the polybag in one box. The invoice in the box charged me $9.98 for the polybag and refunded $4.99 (for those that don't know, Lego charges $4.99 for free polybags and then refunds $4.99 from the order). I think this might mean that each part of the order gets a polybag. I'll update this when the order comes.

I think this might mean that each part of the order gets a polybag. I'll update this when the order comes.

Unfortunately not... You will only get PaB in the other shipment. I had something similar happen to me where LEGO ended up shipping separate orders for a single order. The first "packing slip/invoice" made it look as if I possibly would get another polybag in the next shipment. I forget exact details but only got the one polybag that I was supposed to. However I have gotten multiple polybags from separate orders.

Pretty nice, but why are their upper legs censored?

Maybe it's because there originally is someone elses watermark and some dumbo has "stolen" the pics ans smudged the watermark.

Has anyone had issues with the light-beam that is supposed to fit in the light brick from 9466 The Crazy Scientist & His Monster set?

I bought this set today, and can't for the life of me get the beam to fit into the brick. This is one of the coolest aspects of the set. :cry_sad:

(I would include a pic, but I don't think I'm allowed to post images yet.)

Has anyone seen this new game on the LEGO Monster Fighters site? This'll be a great resource for anyone who wants to make MF-themed brickfilms.

To the more tech-savvy users here: do any of you know of a way I could extract the individual sound bytes that you're supposed to place over the music? Several of them would be EXTREMELY helpful for certain secret projects I have in the works...

Has anyone seen this new game on the LEGO Monster Fighters site? This'll be a great resource for anyone who wants to make MF-themed brickfilms.

To the more tech-savvy users here: do any of you know of a way I could extract the individual sound bytes that you're supposed to place over the music? Several of them would be EXTREMELY helpful for certain secret projects I have in the works...

I use Firefox as my primary browser, and they have a plugin available called "DownloadHelper." I use this program to extract files from websites...

Or actually, if you just PM me with your e-mail address, I'll just mail them all to you, lol. :laugh:

Has there been any word yet on if this theme will continue in 2013?

With all the other new 2013 pictures from other themes popping up lately, it's concerning that there are no new MF sets revealed.

Has there been any word yet on if this theme will continue in 2013?

With all the other new 2013 pictures from other themes popping up lately, it's concerning that there are no new MF sets revealed.

Sadly I doubt the theme will continue for another wave. While Monster Fighters seems to be gettin gmore attention from LEGO than other "one shot" themes tend to get, it still reeks of "one wave and done" to me. It just seems to be the direction LEGO is travelling - one or two themes running at a time with multiple waves, with a new one shot theme every six months or so. From the beginning I believe it was understood that LEGO would be marketing this theme heavily around the Halloween period, so that would probably why LEGO are putting a lot of effort into this theme compared to previous single-run themes.