Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

For parts and figures mainly, what do those who have them think about the Mad Scientist and Werewolf sets? =)

I've got all the sets in the line except for The Mummy and The Zombies. The lab set comes only behind the castle for me as being the most fun for playing around with. I think it's really an underrated set. The build for everything is fun, and there are a lot of different functions and things to mess around with. The finished set is fairly compact, but it looks great.

Its so good I'm gonna buy another one! (partly because mine's already broken to pieces...) :cry_sad:

Probably a stupid question. But is there a way of knowing when things gets released in specific countries, (Norway in my example) or is it just a case of "surprise its here"?

Probably a stupid question. But is there a way of knowing when things gets released in specific countries, (Norway in my example) or is it just a case of "surprise its here"?

Pretty much Surprise it's here. At best you might have a vague indication of "sometime in the month of..."

As an example, the US knew they would get the new Star Wars sets somewhere between May and August. They just showed up today.

A witch house! We need a witch!

A devil. The hell or hell's gate made of lego?

If you just want to sort of add to the theme yourself, a Witches House is real easy to cobble together yourself, without even really going so far as to MOC one together. The most recent Harry Potter Hagrids Hut (4738) makes a real good witches hut with a little dressing up. It already has the cauldron and a nice light brick in the fireplace. (It always sort of reminds me of Granny Weatherwax's house from Terry Pratchetts Diskworld books). Just dress it up a bit with some creepy stuff. Spiders, skellies, etc. The CMF Witch minifig, and there ya go. Granted it's not Gingerbread... (although you could probably cobble that together from one or two holiday sets). I'm just not sure what kind souped up car would be used against a Witch? Maybe something launching buckets of water?

Well, the Zombies set is a Target exclusive! :sweet:

Edited by just2good

Oh god yes. I'll be snatching that one up when I head there next.

$40, I presume?

Edited by Endgame

What about the set thats rumored for 2013??Well the witch house idea sounds fine and l also made my own by taking hagrids house and made few changes my self,but l hope lego will make more sets for the line but l doubt it.And l also made a my own witch costume like simiral to the witch from the 1997 castle series.

Edited by LOTR343

I wonder, if the Haunted House is especially successful, that TLG will start making a yearly Halloween set, as they do with the Christmas village. If that actually happens, I may die from happiness. :wub:

I wonder, if the Haunted House is especially successful, that TLG will start making a yearly Halloween set, as they do with the Christmas village. If that actually happens, I may die from happiness. :wub:

I would love to see that happen too!

This is possibly my favorite theme and I thought Blacktron and Pirates were going to take some beating!

Not bad. One thing though...while I didn't have the sound on, when you were turning the truck, I'm assuming you were meaning to show the different sides to the truck, but your arm was in the way the whole time. :tongue:

I didn't notice that 'til the editing. I made sure I didn't do that with the truck in the Spidey set. :laugh:

I didn't notice that 'til the editing. I made sure I didn't do that with the truck in the Spidey set. :laugh:

Doughnut( :wink:) get me wrong, you have lovely hands. I just wanted to see the truck. :tongue:

Anyone else get a non-glowing Mummy? According to the instruction book it's supposed to glow but mine doesn't.

This is a great series though - love the way they've used the light brick on the Mad Scientist's lab, and the Monster is one of the best minifigs of the year!

Anyone else get a non-glowing Mummy? According to the instruction book it's supposed to glow but mine doesn't.

Dun. Dun. Dun.

Nope, he glows all right. are you going to tell Lego about it? That will most likely be useless to tell them but, then again if they know about it they might be able to stop it from happening again. Besides think about it, at lease it was you and not some kid who really wanted the mummy (with the glow in the dark feature working)and could barely afford it.

Edited by Himstone

Just noticed that monster fighters have started landing in Finland.

Atleast on TRU website..

9468 link 109,99 eur

9463 link 23,99 eur

9466 link 59,99 eur

9464 link 32,99 eur

9467 link 79,99 eur

I have two, one glows really well, and the other is not too great. I've heard others have to leave it under a lamp for an hour before it will glow. Neither of mine glow as well as the horse though.

Contact TLG Customer Services, if it's actually faulty, they'll usually replace it.

Doughnut( :wink:) get me wrong, you have lovely hands. I just wanted to see the truck. :tongue:

I might reshoot the truck part, and upload it as a separate video response. :wink:

Was chatting to one of the staff in my local lego store today and he told me that Monster Fighters is not a 1 wave theme and that they expect to get more in later this year with some of the earlier sets being discontinued.

This is a great series though - love the way they've used the light brick on the Mad Scientist's lab, and the Monster is one of the best minifigs of the year!

Stick it under a lamp or in the sunlight a while, glow-in-the-dark things need to "charge" in UV to work. In a box they don't get any light so right out they will not work!