Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

I'm pretty sure it has. It was limited availability, only around for a short time, and had pretty popular content, so I doubt you'll see it for even 50 pounds by the end of the year.

Hi everyone, Sorry to bump a dead thread but I just got a huge shock,I was looking up the zombie graveyard on ebay thinking i may buy a second and the price has gone haywire! Here is one out of box with almost a week to run at over £50! http://www.ebay.co.u...c3d5f782&_uhb=1 I remember buying mine a few months ago for just £35 so what has caused this madness????

The Zombie graveyard was a exclusive edition set made for a single merchant plus in house sales. So the production numbers were probably lower. The Monster Fighters theme was more of a short term 1 and done seasonal theme, with sort of a Halloween flair. And Target is not a merchant prone for a lot of extensive re orders of such a set or theme. Plus it had the cool Goth Wedding minifigs, so the set probably sold a little better than planned. Not enough to justify another run of it, but enough to sell it out from the factory. We occasionally see this happen with mercchant exclusive sets. (Ninjago Dragons anyone?)

I'm glad I got mine when I did then. Granted, I'm not in the mood for Halloween during January, so I got mine around Halloween. There are all of the other MF sets around here for sale, but no signs of that zombie set (which isn't surprising). I don't know how much longer the rest of the sets will be around. Most were clearance prices around Christmas from what I could tell. Pick them up while you still can.

I like the Monster Fighters line, but zombies have just never been my thing. I just like the classic movie monsters better. I wouldn't mind having the zombie graveyard set, just to complete my collection though.

I like the Monster Fighters line, but zombies have just never been my thing. I just like the classic movie monsters better. I wouldn't mind having the zombie graveyard set, just to complete my collection though.

The graveyard set really is brilliant. I would highly recommend buying one now before the prices shoot up to crazy levels.

**Cough** buy this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321063041159?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 **Cough** :D

Yeah they arent making making them anymore unfortunately, it's a bit odd though as they were only out in august 2012 meaning the set only had a 5 month lifespan.

**Cough** Mine for sale http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1558.l2649 **Cough**

Kinda reminds me of 7666 Hoth Rebel Base until they did a 2nd run. It was only around for like 6 months as well.

I just noticed that on the US S@H, all of the MF sets are listed as "Hard to Find." We'll, except for the Zombies which doesn't show up at all. Is this the precursor to "retiring soon?"

Can someone do me a huge favor? I just received a Vampyre Castle from Amazon that was mangled and I'm wondering if I have all the parts. I have bags 1-7 (a single bag for each number), Instructions with stickers, and the 2 seperate castle tops (black with tiles/shingles). My concern is that the castle tops were loose within the Lego box (which was broken open on the end) so I'm wondering if they should be part of another bag. Does anyone know if I may be missing something? Thanks in advance!

Can someone do me a huge favor? I just received a Vampyre Castle from Amazon that was mangled and I'm wondering if I have all the parts. I have bags 1-7 (a single bag for each number), Instructions with stickers, and the 2 seperate castle tops (black with tiles/shingles). My concern is that the castle tops were loose within the Lego box (which was broken open on the end) so I'm wondering if they should be part of another bag. Does anyone know if I may be missing something? Thanks in advance!

Hi, Don't worry about that, Lego put the REALLY BIG pieces seperately in the box to try and save packaging. This is usually the case with large bases and castle tops. So as far as I can tell your fine ;)

cheers

scottjs,

I built this last week, so it is somewhat fresh in my mind. It does sound like you have everything. Enjoy!

Hi, Don't worry about that, Lego put the REALLY BIG pieces seperately in the box to try and save packaging. This is usually the case with large bases and castle tops. So as far as I can tell your fine ;)

cheers

I was going to save the set for my son but I guess I'll "have" to build it lol.

Mine were loose as well.

While building my entry for the Monster Bash contest, I looked at my Major Quinton Steele figure, and noticed that he actually has printing on the back of his head.

I can't get my camera to focus on it, but it's just two round, VERY bright orange lines near the bottom. I'll try to upload a picture as soon as possible.

If I wasn't supposed to bump this, sorry!

-Sci

While building my entry for the Monster Bash contest, I looked at my Major Quinton Steele figure, and noticed that he actually has printing on the back of his head.

I can't get my camera to focus on it, but it's just two round, VERY bright orange lines near the bottom. I'll try to upload a picture as soon as possible.

If I wasn't supposed to bump this, sorry!

-Sci

You never noticed that? :tongue:

It's a very neat touch by LEGO!

You never noticed that? :tongue:

It's a very neat touch by LEGO!

I haven't seen anyone that has. :sweet:

-Sci

I'll have to go home and look. I never noticed it either, but then again I never really looked that closely at that figure. I wonder what the significance is?