Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Well, after finding out that they've stopped selling the zombies on S@H and then checking as many Argos stores as possible to see if any were left, I found a store 35 miles away from me with 1 left, so reserved it and bought it, so now I thankfully have one =D

My only problem now is its my birthday in a couple days and my gf told me not to buy any lego incase she bought the same one... so I don't know if she has got this or not so I can't open it until after Xmas :cry_sad:

Well, after finding out that they've stopped selling the zombies on S@H and then checking as many Argos stores as possible to see if any were left, I found a store 35 miles away from me with 1 left, so reserved it and bought it, so now I thankfully have one =D

My only problem now is its my birthday in a couple days and my gf told me not to buy any lego incase she bought the same one... so I don't know if she has got this or not so I can't open it until after Xmas :cry_sad:

Man, that's cruel. :laugh:

What about showing her the copy you bought and ask her if this is the one she bought. I don't know your want list, but I assume it's pretty good sized and chances are slim that she got you that set.

Being worried about having 2 of that set is kind of like complaining that your wallet has so much money in it that it's uncomfortable to sit on. It's a great set, and if you're really worried about a second copy, I'm sure someone on eBay would be glad to take the second set off your hands. If you're worried about the girlfriend, just don't tell her. :wink:

S@H is still selling the Zombies. I ordered one on sat. It does not show up if looking at the Monster Fighters but it shows here http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Zombies-9465 and it shipped. :)

Got myself 2x Ghost Train yesterday. Very impressed with the sets. Was thinking of adding some motor functions to my trains. Has anyone had a go with motorising your ghost train? Hopefully TLG will somehow continue this great theme.

Im thinkin of extending the rear of the train with the parts included and using actual train wheels like on the train engine rather than the wheels on the carriage... eventually i want this baby to go on a track. Id also be interested to see if people are motorising their trains and how. This would be my first train...

S@H is still selling the Zombies. I ordered one on sat. It does not show up if looking at the Monster Fighters but it shows here http://shop.lego.com...he-Zombies-9465 and it shipped. :)

That is on the US site, they have taken them down for the UK site :(

I previously uploaded the werewolf & vampire set game codes, since I got the zombies set I figured some may be interested in the codes from that one. I finally got around to uploading some pics. Just realised I haven't photographed the minifigs from this set separately, I'll have to get onto that...

8222951172_a6c147b692.jpg

Got myself 2x Ghost Train yesterday. Very impressed with the sets. Was thinking of adding some motor functions to my trains. Has anyone had a go with motorising your ghost train? Hopefully TLG will somehow continue this great theme.

I, too, think they should continue Monster Fighter theme. I think it is selling well in Singapore considering many AFOLs who collect the all the sets.

The problem now with Lego is that too many themes are selling too well (like Friends, Ninjago, SW, etc), making other themes look relatively weaker and thus shutting them down after a year.

Pharaoh Quest, Alien Conquest had only 1 wave each, but they were weaker than MF. Atlantis had two waves (if I'm correct), and IMO also weaker than MF. But seeing how thinks are going, MF seems to be destined for EOL.

I, too, think they should continue Monster Fighter theme. I think it is selling well in Singapore considering many AFOLs who collect the all the sets.

The problem now with Lego is that too many themes are selling too well (like Friends, Ninjago, SW, etc), making other themes look relatively weaker and thus shutting them down after a year.

Pharaoh Quest, Alien Conquest had only 1 wave each, but they were weaker than MF. Atlantis had two waves (if I'm correct), and IMO also weaker than MF. But seeing how thinks are going, MF seems to be destined for EOL.

Atlantis technically had three waves worldwide and four in the US (where the third wave was split into two). But it differs from the others in that it was never meant as a one-wave theme-- it had at least two waves planned from the start.

Also, a strong seller with adults is not necessarily so with kids.

I think Lego should do another wave of MF for next fall/Halloween. Of course I thought that a second Alien Conquest theme would have been great too. Pharaoh Quest also should have had another wave IMO.

I think Lego should do another wave of MF for next fall/Halloween. Of course I thought that a second Alien Conquest theme would have been great too. Pharaoh Quest also should have had another wave IMO.

I sort of suspect that a lot of the planned second wave of AC has seen the light of day slightly re colored as Galaxy Squad. The GS interceptor and the tank with the mech seem to have a bit of ADU aesthetic to them.

But yeah we can kinda hope that MF will become a recurring fall theme targeted at Halloween.

Reminder: Today(December 31,2012) is the last day to buy Monster Fighter Sets in the stores and on Lego Shop at Home because they will probably be discontinuing the theme on January 1, 2013.

Nope, they will simply do clearance on them in S@H and certain supermarkets. Maybe the brand shops too.

But, I will un-pin this thread at Midnight GMT.

I am thinking of Purchasing one of these sets through the Lego Shop At Home website this week but I am scared that they will disappear from the site tomorrow on January 1, 2013. What should I do.

What if any indications do we have that the MF sets will be disappearing at midnite? They aren't listed as retiring soon, only one set shows out of stock on s@h and it has an expected ship date of Jan 26, implying that there are more in the pipeline? I don't think you will have any trouble finding them next week.

Yeah, there's absolutely no reason to think Monster Fighters sets will "disappear" as soon as they stop being new. The typical shelf life for sets is a year or so, and Monster Fighters sets have only been around for a half a year.

Furthermore, it's not like TLG will stop selling them when they still have plenty in stock. Wait for them to be discounted-- THEN you know to worry about them disappearing, because it means TLG is trying to clear out old stock. But even then it could be weeks or months before they disappear entirely.

Edited by Aanchir

Hmm, I really like the monster fighters line and was hoping for a second wave this year, even if only 4 sets.

Has anyone heard rumors about the line for this year?

Hmm, I really like the monster fighters line and was hoping for a second wave this year, even if only 4 sets.

Has anyone heard rumors about the line for this year?

Well, as has been stated throughout his thread, it seems TLG has driven the stake through the Monster Fighters theme. But there is a possibility it may rise from the dead again around Halloween as a one-off set probably as another polybag.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

Does anyone know how Monster Fighters did financially?

Not now. We'll find out in March when TLG releases the list of best selling sets for the year.

Edited by just2good

Hi everyone, Sorry to bump a dead thread but I just got a huge shock,I was looking up the zombie graveyard on ebay thinking i may buy a second and the price has gone haywire! Here is one out of box with almost a week to run at over £50! http://www.ebay.co.u...c3d5f782&_uhb=1 I remember buying mine a few months ago for just £35 so what has caused this madness????

I remember buying mine a few months ago for just £35 so what has caused this madness????

Gosh that's a big leap, I just looked on Argos's website and they are out of stock and I also looked on lego.com but it wasn't listed on there, silly question but has it EOL'd ?