Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

For those looking for the Ghost poly bags at Target, don't look for them in the usual places in the store. They haven't been putting hem in the toy sections or on the impulse racks next to he registers like they normally do. Instead thy have been putting them in the seasonal Halloween section. Mixed in with other Halloween themed toys and decorations. My wife spotted a ton of them displayed on he back corner of a Halloween aisle end cap.

For those looking for the Ghost poly bags at Target, don't look for them in the usual places in the store. They haven't been putting hem in the toy sections or on the impulse racks next to he registers like they normally do. Instead thy have been putting them in the seasonal Halloween section. Mixed in with other Halloween themed toys and decorations. My wife spotted a ton of them displayed on he back corner of a Halloween aisle end cap.

Thank you for the heads up. I haven't seen any in SoCal. A friend picked one up for me in Vegas. I would like a couple more. The build on the ghost makes him shorter than the ones in other sets. It is a neat set all in all.

With all the new themes coming out in 2013 I don't have a lot of hope for MF continuing.

Edited by ETAV8R

Target has MOST of the Monster Hunter sets on sale this week... except for Zombie Wedding (natch), and Ghost Train. But the Halloween Ghost bag rings up for $3.79!

I searched high and low at a local target and target greatland yesterday.

No ghost poly's.

My TRU had about 50 of the zombie Drivers

I am not surprised that this theme is a "one-and-done", but look on the brightside: we should be seeing some great sales after Halloween!

Oh yes I can't wait for the after-Halloween sales! I've been holding off on them for just this reason. :classic:

Is there absolutely anywhere in the UK to buy the ghost polybag? Im desperate to get a hold of even justa couple of them... but Id rather not pay the expensively overpriced German price :(

I searched high and low at a local target and target greatland yesterday.

No ghost poly's.

Most of the ghost polys in Targets in my area sold out weeks ago. I grabbed mine the first day I saw them out, back when the Halloween section was set up. I figured they'd stock more, and I check every time I'm in the Targets near work & home, but--no. Same with the Friends sets; seems like each Target got one case of those, too (which means just one type of set) and that's it, which would make it tough for those wanting to collect all 5 or 6 Friends sets. It's pretty disappointing that one case of each is all any store got.

At TRU today they had some sort of Bricktober promotion going on. There was a table with lots of bricks, sand green, gray, brown, black and most looked like they came from the castle and haunted house. Basically you could build something and you get to keep it for free. If I were there earlier I would've tried to build something out of all the bricks. :laugh:

Guys, my little brother and I want to get into Lego Monster Fighters. What (small) set would you recommend?

Swamp Creature all the way. Two great figures for $6.

I took my son to the build at TRU today, We weren't allowed to take home our build but they had some great pieces to use, sand greens, brick bricks, tons of dark green and Olive green leaf pieces. I wish we could have taken home a bag full of pieces!

The poly bag we got was pretty cool but nothing special. skeleton, glow in the dark spider and web, gem and crystal piece.

I just love the Manbat and the Swamp Guy. :wub_drool: IMO Lego needs to stop making one-wave themes and make some long term themes. Even though new themes are exciting, if Lego thought more about their themes... I hope TMNT is a one wave theme though

I just love the Manbat and the Swamp Guy. :wub_drool: IMO Lego needs to stop making one-wave themes and make some long term themes. Even though new themes are exciting, if Lego thought more about their themes... I hope TMNT is a one wave theme though

*cough* Bionicle Ninjago Hero Factory Star Wars Legend of Chima Atlantis Friends Super Heroes Games *cough*

Anyone actually been able to get to where you can input codes in the Monster Fighters online game? My main laptop the "game" stuff won't load (I just get a title screen, it's running a GeForce 6800 Go which... well, they don't MAKE any new drivers for GFX cards on laptops approaching ten years old on matter how kick-butt they were when built) and while my netbook does run it, it's so slow as to be virtually unusable and a 10" 1024x600 screen is suck-tastic for this kind of thing, not to mention the puny Intel Integrated Graphics.

If so, could you PM me re what the codes unlock, if it's just new levels or downloadable goodies? My mother's really gotten into this theme in a big way, and when I told her it's a one-shot deal earlier today she looked like a kid who's just been told their kitten or puppy is dead.

Its getting annoying all these decent polybags being given away in the US while we don't stand a chance of seeing them over here unless we pay extortionate prices for them =/

Yes we do but they are so widely accessible (only if you put the effort in of doing a WHSmiths/Toys R Us hunt throughout the cities) that the prices don't go inflated until long after the promotions. Some of which have been available through various other promotions that were open to everyone. I just don't get why they can't make promotional polybags or even polybags in general accessible to everyone regardless of country rather than filter them off. Anyhoos, this'll end up going off topic if I'm not careful, so I guess just best to put this at rest...

In my opinion, Monster Fighters is the best adventure theme we've seen since Orient Expedition. The heroes are unique looking and quite fun with their semi-steampunk aesthetic, the monsters are quite varied and are excellent LEGO representations of many of the classic horror cliches, the vehicles are nicely designed, the structures are brilliantly atmospheric, the play features are nicely incorporated in to the sets without causing much annoyance, and the Haunted House is one of the best LEGO sets ever made IMO. While I don't think LEGO will continue Monster Fighters next year, I sincerely hope that they continue to produce minifigs in the collectible minifig series that fit with Monster Fighters and that they revisit the theme in a year or two.

Found three Zombie Car polybags at a local TRU that I bought. I was surprised to see them sold seperately from the sale - usually the TRUs around here don't do that.

With that said, this marks my first MF purchase. Here we go again... :wink:

I bought the Ghost Train and Vampyre Castle the other day, and I have to say the Vampyre Castle was a really fun build. Looks fabulous as well.

They should mention on the box of the Ghost Train about the sets flapping bat wings though, it seems a shame not to advertise such a neat little feature.