Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Who would possibly complain about having a bunch of zombies?

*raises hand*

BUT...only because it's the EXACT SAME zombie. I like variety. :P

I KNEW waiting until September to buy Monster Fighters would pay off. :grin: Seriously, one of the best polybag sets I've seen.

There is only one more copy of the Zombie at my Target! I suggest those who want the set to pick it up now, as they're selling out! :look:

As I don't own Zombie Driver yet ( I've got mummy and swamp creature sets ) it's nothing bad to me to have him in another set. The polybag itself is great: car looks very good, Driver is one of the best Monster Fighters figures and the glow in dark spider is nice bonus. This set just proves how MF polybags are amazing ( maybe expect coffin car :sceptic: ).

There is only one more copy of the Zombie at my Target! I suggest those who want the set to pick it up now, as they're selling out! :look:

Way ahead of you, man, it's a great set, shoe-in for one of the best medium sized sets of 2012.

*raises hand*

BUT...only because it's the EXACT SAME zombie. I like variety. :P

Me too. That new polybag puts him in 4 sets. That's getting into Harry Potter/Jack Sparrow clone territory. :tongue:

Me too. That new polybag puts him in 4 sets. That's getting into Harry Potter/Jack Sparrow clone territory. :tongue:

Exactly.

Heck, they could have done the exact same printing, on a different coloured 'suit' and I would have been happy. Having the same fig in four sets is just lazy, IMO.

Exactly.

Heck, they could have done the exact same printing, on a different coloured 'suit' and I would have been happy. Having the same fig in four sets is just lazy, IMO.

I'll still rather take another of him than another of Frodo!

Wow, that's cool! But it does make me wonder about the ghost one, if they already have a separate MF LEGO Store promotion to offer this one. Hopefully we'll get the ghost polybag as a Target offering or something around Halloween...

Exactly.

It really would be excessive of them to knock themselves out making a figure for a polybag they intend to give away for free, though. Besides, the theme has specific characters, like most of LEGO's "action themes" of the past several years; in the "canon" of the Monster Fighters scenario (to whatever extent such things matter with an inherently customizable, creativity-inspiring toy like LEGO), this could well be intended to be the same zombie driver found in those other sets. It's perhaps less than ideally helpful to AFOLs planning huge zombie-themed MOCs, but this promotional polybag really isn't aimed at those fans anyway (though the Haunted House is, and it indeed does feature another unique zombie).

I, too, want lots of zombies, and I don't want them all clad in identical zombie uniforms (as I've noted a number of times in the CMF-related threads over in Special LEGO Themes), but as it happens, we are getting a total of four different zombies in this theme, in addition to the Minifigures Series 1 zombie, plus whatever we can cobble together mixing and matching all those zombie parts with various other figure elements from other themes, including skeletons and whatnot.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love it if we got a polybag with yet another, totally different zombie minifigure, but even then it'd go only so far, unless they were to offer a whole slew of different polybags with their own unique zombies, and clearly that's not going to happen. I think we're lucky to get this freebie as it is, and there's nothing "lazy" about it on TLG's part. If anything, they're already going kind of overboard in their overall treatment of this theme, when compared to their other so-called "action themes," at least the single-wave ones.

Just noticed how much space the Vampyre Castle set is taking up. I wish LEGO would make bigger MF sets. :sad:

Edited by just2good

I figure I'd share a few pics I did since I have a dedicated space to take Lego pics and I've been dying to show off these Monster Fighter sets.

zombies.jpg

fishing.jpg

Edited by Amset-Rah

Can't decide between the Vampire Hearse and The Zombies.

Go for The Zombies, since that set is a bit more sought after and it's an amazing set.

The other set is good too, so if you can't find The Zombies, use it as a back-up.

Go for The Zombies, since that set is a bit more sought after and it's an amazing set.

The other set is good too, so if you can't find The Zombies, use it as a back-up.

Or alternatively, do what I'm doing; save all your money until October and get both! :laugh:

Edited by Algernon

Or alternatively, do what I'm doing; save all your money until October and get both! :laugh:

My Target has The Zombies (or at least they did a couple of days ago). I just don't think it looks that impressive aside from the car and minifigures, but maybe seeing it in person would change my mind (which is usually the case with sets I'm initially skeptical of). Maybe I'll go ahead and buy it tonight..I can always hang onto it for a few days and return it if i decide I'd rather have the hearse.

Right now I have the Vampyre Castle and The Crazy Scientist & HIs Monster. The latter set seems to be vastly overlooked--it looks absolutely fantastic next to the castle. Surprised I haven't seen many people talking about it.

Whichever one I decide to pick up tonight will be my last LEGO set until the haunted house. I really love this line.

My Target has The Zombies (or at least they did a couple of days ago). I just don't think it looks that impressive aside from the car and minifigures, but maybe seeing it in person would change my mind (which is usually the case with sets I'm initially skeptical of). Maybe I'll go ahead and buy it tonight..I can always hang onto it for a few days and return it if i decide I'd rather have the hearse.

Right now I have the Vampyre Castle and The Crazy Scientist & HIs Monster. The latter set seems to be vastly overlooked--it looks absolutely fantastic next to the castle. Surprised I haven't seen many people talking about it.

Whichever one I decide to pick up tonight will be my last LEGO set until the haunted house. I really love this line.

Funny you should say that, The Mummy and Frankenstein are the next two sets I'm looking at getting (Both will complete my Monster Fighters crew since all I have now are Frank Rock, Major Steele, and Jack McHammer. I'm missing Rathbone and Ann Lee)

I might skip out on the hearse, though, since I feel the Castle is a more worthy purchase to get Lord Vampyre, but if you're more budget conscious, it'll work, plus you can find a spare cape on eBay or I think Bricklink. The reason I'm skipping out is because I have too many Lego vehicles. :laugh:

I figure I'd share a few pics I did since I have a dedicated space to take Lego pics and I've been dying to show off these Monster Fighter sets.

zombies.jpg

fishing.jpg

Great job! I like how the first one gives the classic zombie horror feel, and the second is funny :D

Great job! I like how the first one gives the classic zombie horror feel, and the second is funny :D

Thanks! I was going for that George Romero Night of the Living Dead feel (I just recently saw that movie again). As for the other one, I'm surprised no one had this idea before, a good ol' boy fishing in the bayou and all of a sudden the Creature from the Black Lagoon is at the end of his rod. :laugh:

*snip*

Great pic here as well. I love how Renfield's (Zombie Driver) arm is still in his grave while the bride is split in two. I love it. :sweet:

Edited by Amset-Rah

Exactly.

Actually, his face is in five sets, fifth being the Haunted House, which has multiples of that piece. :wacko:

I finally caved and picked up the Werewolf set today! I absolutely love the little car, so much class. I'm definitely hooked on this line. :classic:

I finally caved and picked up the Werewolf set today! I absolutely love the little car, so much class. I'm definitely hooked on this line. :classic:

That's the first and probably only Monster Fighters set I'll get. I mean, I love the line, but there are so many other lines to buy from this summer that I ended up not getting all the sets I planned to get, and I think I may never end up doing it. But the set itself is really nice. :classic:

That's the first and probably only Monster Fighters set I'll get. I mean, I love the line, but there are so many other lines to buy from this summer that I ended up not getting all the sets I planned to get, and I think I may never end up doing it. But the set itself is really nice. :classic:

Same here I'm always planning to get a ton of sets but I never end up getting them,this year I only managed to get few sets from each theme and I'm suprised I managed to collect almost all the LOTR collection within the summer,I also dont plan to buy the whole MF series but I'll get atleast some sets since I was asking for such a theme for years.