Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

I know a bit off the whole mummy topic,but any idea what Monster Fighters DTC GWP 40076 is?I found it on Brickapedia and they it is a promo set.Maybe TRU?

Sounds like a promo set..."Monster Fighters Direct To Consumer Gift With Purchase"? (I'm totally guessing but, it fits)

No 9465, or ANY Monster Fighters sets at Target for me... :sing:

Make sure you check the end caps. Around here, the Target stores are stocking all the Monsters and LOTR on the end caps only. Nothing in the main LEGO aisle.

Finally got the Swamp Creature at Target in SoCal. They also had the Zombies and new star wars too! I wanted more than the measley swamp creature but it is a great set for the price.

So far I only have the Werewolf, which is an ace set, but my next few sets will be the Zombies and the two smaller sets, though the Hearse looks promising (Implying I don't already have enough Lego vehicles. :laugh: )

All of this said, I'm trying to get all of the sets by year's end. I have plenty of time got make this a reality, but I see some have beaten me to the punch.

I finally snagged my "Swamp Creature" set, to go with the werewolf that I already had.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to get all of these, even if just for the awesome minifigs and parts. :tongue:

The Monster Fighter sets are now available in Denmark through Bilka.dk! I presume (but haven't been able to check) that this means they're also on the shelves in their actual stores! =D

To all people who have been wanting the instructions to the sets, LEGO.com has them now.

-Sci

Hey Guys, I'm off on holiday to Singapore and Australia soon. I wont be buying any LEGO in Singapore because I am only there for a weekend. But I'm looking to buy some Monster Fighters Sets in Australia as I am there for 4 weeks. But I dont want to max out my budget straight away. I will most probably buy 1 or 2 sets near the start and 1 or 2 near the end, I am most definatley going to get the swamp creature set. But after that I'm not sure which sets to get. Which sets would you guys recommend? And does anybody know what prices they are? Thanks :classic:

Hey Guys, I'm off on holiday to Singapore and Australia soon. I wont be buying any LEGO in Singapore because I am only there for a weekend. But I'm looking to buy some Monster Fighters Sets in Australia as I am there for 4 weeks. But I dont want to max out my budget straight away. I will most probably buy 1 or 2 sets near the start and 1 or 2 near the end, I am most definatley going to get the swamp creature set. But after that I'm not sure which sets to get. Which sets would you guys recommend? And does anybody know what prices they are? Thanks :classic:

Well for me, I'd start out with whatever classic monster movie character I like best, but I highly recommend the Werewolf if you're fond of flinging our fanged friend out of the treetops. The Zombies looks like an awesome set as well, plus you get three of them, but it's an exclusive, so I'd pick that one up for sure if I were you and if you can find it.

If you're on a budget, go for the Mummy and Swamp Creature sets, as you'll get two Monster Fighters, two monsters, two moonstones, and some great pieces (Like that awesome glow in the dark skeleton horse)

Really none of these sets are a complete miss, just a few flaws here and there.

As I don't know where you're from, I can't say for sure...but I'd hold off buying in Australia. Every Aussie will tell you prices are extremely high Down Under. Especially since you're on a budget. I'm not sure what the price difference would be in your home country, even the small sets.

As I don't know where you're from, I can't say for sure...but I'd hold off buying in Australia. Every Aussie will tell you prices are extremely high Down Under. Especially since you're on a budget. I'm not sure what the price difference would be in your home country, even the small sets.

Hi, I'm from England so I presume the prices will be much different.

Hi, I'm from England so I presume the prices will be much different.

Our prices are perhaps a bit higher than UK, but much higher than USA. The main drawback to your plan, however, is that these sets haven't been sighted here yet but should soon as they have just appeared on our S@H.

Our prices are perhaps a bit higher than UK, but much higher than USA. The main drawback to your plan, however, is that these sets haven't been sighted here yet but should soon as they have just appeared on our S@H.

Well I am there for 4 weeks so I presume they might turn up in those 4 weeks? But I am not sure.

Finally got my hands on 9465 The Zombies! Now I have all MF sets until the awe inspiring, beautifully designed 10228 Haunted House comes out. Can't wait!

"Zombie Car" polybag as 'free gift with purchase of $75 or more' (Canadian) listed on the September calendar...and it's NOT the 'coffin car' polybag that we've seen pics of, though it IS the 'zombie driver' fig, as near as I can tell (haven't taken a really good look but, it seems the same).

"Zombie Car" polybag as 'free gift with purchase of $75 or more' (Canadian) listed on the September calendar...and it's NOT the 'coffin car' polybag that we've seen pics of, though it IS the 'zombie driver' fig, as near as I can tell (haven't taken a really good look but, it seems the same).

If the video isn't loading:

7707332162_130f6b6ee3.jpg

Edited by just2good

That is a really cool vehicle for a polybag, but I'm sure some people will complain about that driver being in so many sets.

That is a really cool vehicle for a polybag, but I'm sure some people will complain about that driver being in so many sets.

Who would possibly complain about having a bunch of zombies?

You can never have too many zombies, and these guys don't all have to be drivers, one could be the doorman to, say, that haunted house set coming soon.

Also, to those who're wondering, yes I got The Zombies and Swamp Creature at Target last Wednesday. Lucky too, that was the last Zombies they had on the shelf. Great set, highly recommend it, even if you're not a Monster Fighters guy like me.

Edited by Amset-Rah