Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Dun. Dun. Dun.

Nope, he glows all right. are you going to tell Lego about it? That will most likely be useless to tell them but, then again if they know about it they might be able to stop it from happening again. Besides think about it, at lease it was you and not some kid who really wanted the mummy (with the glow in the dark feature working)and could barely afford it.

I have every set in the theme and all my GITD pieces work just fine. I doubt it's the figs issue, so I wouldn't recommend calling TLG about it...

Edited by Legocrazy81

I know a bit off the whole mummy topic,but any idea what Monster Fighters DTC GWP 40076 is?I found it on Brickapedia and they it is a promo set.Maybe TRU?

Was chatting to one of the staff in my local lego store today and he told me that Monster Fighters is not a 1 wave theme and that they expect to get more in later this year with some of the earlier sets being discontinued.

Sounds great, but I'll take this with a grain of salt until we get some official info.

Speaking of which, I can't decide getting The Zombies or the Frankenstein set. Which one would be worth it more? I'm thinking Zombies since that's a Target exclusive, but I've always been a Frankenstein fan.

Sounds great, but I'll take this with a grain of salt until we get some official info.

Speaking of which, I can't decide getting The Zombies or the Frankenstein set. Which one would be worth it more? I'm thinking Zombies since that's a Target exclusive, but I've always been a Frankenstein fan.

I have both sets and they're both great. I prefer the minifigs in the Zombie set but prefer the functionality and atmosphere of the Mad Scientist set. So my call would be to get both!! not much help I know :)

I didn't like the lab so much, so I bought the monster seperately. I like the Zombies set and didn't realize it was already out. Got the last copy from my local Target today.

I'm still considering whether or not to get the Frankenstein set, but I'm certain I'll buy the Zombies. My main motivation for that is the minifigures, though, so if you personally prefer the Frankenstein figure, I'd say go for that.

If I had the cash, I'd happily get both, but The Zombies will probably be my pick, but Frankenstein will be second in case my Target is out of the first. Plus I can get the smaller sets as well.

If I could I'd just get the minifigs on eBay but you know the scalpers and such. Thanks again, guys, really appreciate the help. :wink:

Picked up the Zombies set here [in Canada] yesterday, and it's really pretty swell. There's something morbidly wonderful about a zombie Bride and Groom.

I spent some time trying to reorganize the grave-popping action to work sort of the opposite way, so that the corpses raise from the proper position, but it turned out to be pretty hard to do in the space confines. I'll keep at it.

But it's a pretty great set. No if only they'd get the ghost polybags up here.

Was chatting to one of the staff in my local lego store today and he told me that Monster Fighters is not a 1 wave theme and that they expect to get more in later this year with some of the earlier sets being discontinued.

Interesting. I hope that's true, but I just can't believe that yet, espescially since the Lego store saying that half of Ojik's CMF list was wrong, but was right all along.

The Monster Fighters theme sure looks interesting, so I'd like the theme to continue. :wink:

I have two, one glows really well, and the other is not too great. I've heard others have to leave it under a lamp for an hour before it will glow. Neither of mine glow as well as the horse though.

Contact TLG Customer Services, if it's actually faulty, they'll usually replace it.

Left it under a light for an hour and still no glow. Contacted TLG and they're sending a replacement.

Both are great, two best sets of the line apart from Vampyre Castle. Tricky decision - figs in both are fantastic. As far as the build goes, the car is better in the zombie set but the monster lab is really cool, especially the light brick effect.

If I had to choose I'd go Zombies and regret not getting the other one. :tongue:

The Monster Fighters theme sure looks interesting, so I'd like the theme to continue. :wink:

I thought that this was MF's final and only wave. :wacko:

I thought that this was MF's final and only wave. :wacko:

Nothing has been confirmed. Though, I hope there is another wave. :sadnew:

if they were to stop it,w hen would they likely discontinue them? I havnt got any yet due to money and i can only start getting them in a couple months time... i really dont want to miss out on these!

Well, if MF continuing means more robot limb parts like the leg, I want it to continue.

Interesting. I hope that's true, but I just can't believe that yet, espescially since the Lego store saying that half of Ojik's CMF list was wrong, but was right all along.

I've no idea whether this guy is on the money with this but thought I'd mention it anyway. I've had a few conversations with him in the past and he seems fairly knowledgeable (though no info that you couldn't find on the web).

Ideas I'd like to see if MF continues:

1) Witches House as already mentioned.

2) Hunchback/Quasimodo in belfry setting.

3) Headless Horseman in forest setting with stagecoach.

4) Ghost Pirates / Ghost Ship

or perhaps change the theme to include mythical monsters such as Medusa, Minotaur, Cyclops, Centaur.

Or maybe even have the fighters searching for modern-day mythical beasts such as Nessie, Big Foot.

I think they could keep this theme going for another wave or 2 with a little imagination (which I'm sure Lego has more of than I do!)

Man, I hope I can keep my paws off these gorgeous sets until I've got the cash to buy them up properly! The Zombies looks fantastic!

Man, I hope I can keep my paws off these gorgeous sets until I've got the cash to buy them up properly! The Zombies looks fantastic!

Ain't that the truth. That's a fear I think we all have. I know I do... :laugh:

I got around to putting together my Mad Science Lab last weekend (after putting it off for a while, since I had already built my son's and didn't want to get burned out on repetition). LEGO was kind enough to include ten copies of the sticker sheet. Oops.

I got around to putting together my Mad Science Lab last weekend (after putting it off for a while, since I had already built my son's and didn't want to get burned out on repetition). LEGO was kind enough to include ten copies of the sticker sheet. Oops.

:laugh:

Just a bit curious, does the light brick work fine?