Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

I suppose you're just living up to the 'paradox' in your name, because by the logic here LEGO should never release any theme that has human minifigures, so that both people who prefer fleshies and people who prefer yellow will buy it :wacko:

Ah, you're right with that point. I guess I didn't think that through. Although in a theme with monsters as the basis, having humans wouldn't be quite as important.

There's plenty for someone to like in these sets while disregarding a couple of minifigures if you don't like them. Models, parts, the minifigures you do like, whatever. If you don't like the sets, don't buy them, but I'm quite glad this is a fun action theme with fun models and not a 'bits of grey landscape' theme like LotR.

Yeah, I do like the sets themselves! I'll just find someone who does need the yellow figs.

Well... I'd be happy to take those yellow-skinned minifigures off your hands. :laugh:

We'll see...I might make a thread in the B/T/S/F forum one of these days.

Sell what you don't want on Bricklink. Make money to buy more. Or if you don't want them, send them to me.

Or you can just continue to cry about yellow minifigs which doesn't get you anywhere. :def_shrug:

:tongue:

Bricklink...that's a good idea. But I doubt I'll have enough figs to make selling on Bricklink worth the effort. I'll probably just trade them away. I'm sorry for coming across as complaining/whiny. I was just thinking about different ways that'd improve the line IMO.

Bricklink...that's a good idea. But I doubt I'll have enough figs to make selling on Bricklink worth the effort. I'll probably just trade them away. I'm sorry for coming across as complaining/whiny. I was just thinking about different ways that'd improve the line IMO.

Figures go for a lot on eBay too.

No worries! You don't seem too whiny. :tongue: Yellow vs. Fleshy, bley vs. grey, etc. arguments are just kind of tired and usually get people arguing over opinions, which is wasted energy. You'll tend to see a lot of those conversations shot down around here in favor of focusing on the positives and staying creative and proactive in the hobby. Hobbies should be fun, so have fun! :sweet:

That's what I heard, I think it was mentioned in the AC discussion topic when the concept art from the designer surfaced, or in CMF discussion when we found out some of the minifigs were unused AC minifigs. Probably the former.

It was discussed in one of those threads, but the info came from issue 17 of BrickJournal which discussed the development of the Alien Conquest theme. In it they had concept sketches for the Hazmat guy and Classic Grey Alien. I'm hoping for a similar article on Monster Fighters. Not to stir up anything, but I'd be fascinated if they could get into the development of the Monster Fighter theme and the Haunted House in particular.

I'm willing to bet that some of the Monster Fighters will skyrocket in price when MF is discontinued. Hoard, wait, and sell, purpleparadox! :laugh:

Well, despite what I said it seems could be wrong and we might be getting additional sets after all. I got info that its in consideration and according to this I think that it is possible that we get some more, maybe not full wave but another set or two, like in Kingdoms (which was also well recepted and got additional small wave and exclusive set and will get at least one new set, besides chess).

Kingdoms (which was also well recepted and got additional small wave and exclusive set and will get at least one new set, besides chess).

gollum_what.png

That's some awesome news. As much as I like Lego LotR (I really do), it was very unfortunate that Kingdoms had to end so soon. And I certainly wouldn't complain about any additional Monster Fighters set either.

It was discussed in one of those threads, but the info came from issue 17 of BrickJournal which discussed the development of the Alien Conquest theme.

Yep, that was it! Not that I read the article, just the discussion about it. Memory doesn't quite work as well as it used to :sad:

And after Shelob, etc., Lego isn't unaccustomed to giant spiders.

Woah! That's a good way for TLG to get me to pass on more sets... add giant, buildable spiders. No thanks. Bricks or not, there will not be any giant spiders in my collection.

That is what I am asking myself. What kind of set could be released? A chrurch? A mill?

MF has been there: "studios" hat the same monsters, TLG just changed the opponent characters. Instead of cameramen we now get a girl with an arrow.

A windmill would be awesome - evil dead style.... :)

In all honesty they seem to have covered the classic monsters in this first wave as mentioned by others. I love the figs and you can never have too many zombies so I guess I'm hoping they do some more of those.... Maybe a Jules Verne type submarine as a a vehicle

On the subject of monsters Maybe Some better Skeletons - a Jack o Lantern or headless horseman perhaps? Maybe even the Grim Reaper himself. I do hope this theme continues, I'm sure that with the popularity of zombie lego those sets at least will soar in price once discontinued.

I don't know what's going on with TLG and not putting there MF instructions online, but can someone Please help me out and send me a scan or something of the instructions for the castle set CAR ONLY please?

Thank you in advance if anyone helps :classic:

Here you go, click see them all on Flickr

7491417304_04759f87b3_o.jpg

Well, despite what I said it seems could be wrong and we might be getting additional sets after all. I got info that its in consideration and according to this I think that it is possible that we get some more, maybe not full wave but another set or two, like in Kingdoms (which was also well recepted and got additional small wave and exclusive set and will get at least one new set, besides chess).

That would be cool. It could be two very small waves, like the 2010 Power Miners sets (which were 2 per wave in the US), or like the 2011 Atlantis (3 in the Jan. wave, 2 in the June wave).

Edited by just2good

A windmill would be awesome - evil dead style.... :)

I would totally buy that! :sweet:

Oh, I just got the Dragula Vampire Hearse yesterday, and I LOVE it! I might see about getting one or two more of these sets, but the Hearse was definitely the "Must-have" for me. :classic:

That is what I am asking myself. What kind of set could be released? A chrurch? A mill?

MF has been there: "studios" hat the same monsters, TLG just changed the opponent characters. Instead of cameramen we now get a girl with an arrow.

A witch house! We need a witch!

A devil. The hell or hell's gate made of lego?

A witch house! We need a witch!

A devil. The hell or hell's gate made of lego?

Won't happen. It would be cool, but LEGO would never cross that line.

Again, this is why everybody's pretty convinced MF is a one-wave theme, since there aren't really enough monsters left for a whole extra year. :sceptic:

Won't happen. It would be cool, but LEGO would never cross that line.

Again, this is why everybody's pretty convinced MF is a one-wave theme, since there aren't really enough monsters left for a whole extra year. :sceptic:

Evil Scarecrow, Witch, Boogeyman, more Zombies.

I could see Lego doing more sets :classic:

Evil Scarecrow, Witch, Boogeyman, more Zombies.

I could see Lego doing more sets :classic:

It's certainly possible. Consider the Agents theme's final wave, which in addition to a few new villains featured villains from the first wave like Dr. Inferno and Gold Tooth. Perhaps the Crazy Scientist will return with a new invention, or the Mummy will return in a tomb fit for a king. It doesn't have to have only new characters.

It's certainly possible. Consider the Agents theme's final wave, which in addition to a few new villains featured villains from the first wave like Dr. Inferno and Gold Tooth. Perhaps the Crazy Scientist will return with a new invention, or the Mummy will return in a tomb fit for a king. It doesn't have to have only new characters.

That's true. If I'm wrong (and I hope I am) that's the only real way I can see a complete second wave getting released. There would have to be some new twist on it, though. If not new villains, than what?

Here's a list of Monsters and Villians:

1.Gargoyles

2.More vampires like: Lord Vampyres son,daughter,gramps,granny

3.More Zombies like: Zombie Chief,Zombie Butler,Zombie Maid,Zombie villagers,Zombie Cheerleader,Ect....

4.Voodoo Witch Doctor

5.The invisible man

6.Igor

7.Scared Villagers

8.Scarecrow

9.Goblins

10.Troll

11.Imps

12.Evil Monster Fighters

13.The Phantom of the Opera

14.A Witch

15.Necromencer

16.Evil Robot

17.Monster Plant

18.Headless Horseman

19.Ghost Knight with glow in the dark Armor

20.Evil Wizard

21.Ghost Pirates

22.Dr.Jeckle/Mr.Hyde

A witch hut would be cool. But, with TLGs recent one wave streak going, I fear the worst. :cry_sad:

I think Monster Fighters has a better chance of having a longer stay because there is a lot more they can do with them.

The best Alien Conquest could have were more ships and vehicles, I have no idea how Pharaoh's Quest could have stayed longer..

Monster Fighters has a lot more possible sets like many have posted here, so I'm hoping Lego will continue this theme.

Edited by Ceroknight

I think Monster Fighters has a better chance of having a longer stay because there is a lot more they can do with them.

The best Alien Conquest could have were more ships and vehicles, I have no idea how Pharaoh's Quest could have stayed longer..

Monster Fighters has a lot more possible sets like many have posted here, so I'm hoping Lego will continue this theme.

My thoughts exactly. Just look at Dr.Cogg's list of monsters above, there's plenty of monsters for not just one but several more waves if LEGO chooses to do more (even without reusing previous monster characters). I would love to see one or two more waves, even if they're smaller. We need more zombies at the very least!

What is the general consensus of the Mad Scientist and his monster set? I think its a fantastic set and am considering getting a second one! :classic:

I've got all the sets in the line except for The Mummy and The Zombies. The lab set comes only behind the castle for me as being the most fun for playing around with. I think it's really an underrated set. The build for everything is fun, and there are a lot of different functions and things to mess around with. The finished set is fairly compact, but it looks great.