Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Castle is looking good, but somehow it looks a little small. That's fine if it means it'll be cheaper, but somehow I imagine that's not LEGO's thinking. :hmpf: It still looks pretty great to me and yes, that bowler hat man is easily the best LEGO fig in a long time. :thumbup:

In the ghost train prelim, she had the same hair as this picture.

Maybe they are actually a third faction that is competing against the three Fighters we saw earlier to get the crystals.

I don't think so for a few reasons:

• TLG does not make themes with more than two sides that fight against each other (Castle had four factions, but only two sides)

•If there were three factions, then a member of each would need to be seen fighting against the other two. This is not seen.

Every set has: Monster v.s Fighter, never Fighter 1 v.s. Fighter 2.

How this will be explained, I don't know. Perhaps time travel will be involved, perhaps it will be used to distinguish the characters, or maybe it will never be explained.

All I know is:

There are only two factions:

Monsters and Fighters.

maybe some of the hunters are from the same lands as the monsters and the Trains face is like an evil vampire Thomas the Train.

I don't think that's the final vampire woman, I think this is:

I found it on a photo on flickr but I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to show it :sceptic:

If I'm not grab a quick look before it's taken off :tongue:

I think it's officialy from this theme, if not correct me :wacko:

(I personally think the hair piece would be wonderful for Arwen from Lord of the Rings :laugh: )

post-13043-132842752928.jpg

Edited by giggitygoo

I found it on a photo on flickr but I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to show it :sceptic:

I think it's officialy from this theme, if not correct me :wacko

I doubt it. The toy fair version looked pretty finalised, and I doubt TLG would include drops of blood.

Edit: 100th post. Woo!

Edited by andhe

(I personally think the hair piece would be wonderful for Arwen from Lord of the Rings :laugh: )

That is an awesome figure! I personally like it a lot more than what was shown at the Toy Fair and hope it is the real one. I love the cup and think it's a lot more appropriate than the beaker of green liquid.

That's a custom fig using designs by Toth. He made them available to use in a thread here at EB a while back. It is a nice Vampire but the official one is the one we've seen wearing red. :classic:

Toth's design is amazing.. but TLG did a really good job with their vampiress, though I do hope that Toth's hair is used in the future :thumbup:

Also, does anyone else think the skin of this Dracula's bride looks kind of bluish white? (it's probably the lighting) I like the contrast the face makes with that skin color, rather than white.

Edited by Otherworld

If I saw correctly castle is 100 euro and train is 80 euro. I'm not sure though, because prices on boxes are really hard to see.

I prefer Toth's fig, mainly for the red eyes - it makes no sense to me to have different eyes for different genders... :wacko:

Toth's design is amazing.. but TLG did a really good job with their vampiress, though I do hope that Toth's hair is used in the future :thumbup:

Also, does anyone else think the skin of this Dracula's bride looks kind of bluish white? (it's probably the lighting) I like the contrast the face makes with that skin color, rather than white.

I'm pretty sure it's glow in the dark. It reminds me of the color the skull from "the curse of the mummy" looked so that's my guess. I personally think it's pretty cool that they're fitting so much glow in the dark stuff into this theme. :classic:

If I saw correctly castle is 100 euro and train is 80 euro. I'm not sure though, because prices on boxes are really hard to see.

Where did you see this from? 100 euro sounds like the right price for the castle, but 80 euro seems way to high for the train.

That is not the 'Fig.

This is.

I agree, but sadly I think this is correct price. There was also info from online shop that price will be 89 us $ which (in lego terms) is roughly 79 euro.

Lego's doing a stellar job on all of these new minifigs. When I first saw the preliminary pics of this line, I was kind of disappointed. It seemed to be nothing but a rehash of the old Time Cruisers and Studios themes. But now, seeing more pictures of the actual sets and figures, I must say I'm impressed. I really love Dracula's bride and the female Monster Hunter. All of these figures give a great Van Helsing/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen/Victorian era vibe :thumbup: .

Lego's doing a stellar job on all of these new minifigs. When I first saw the preliminary pics of this line, I was kind of disappointed. It seemed to be nothing but a rehash of the old Time Cruisers and Studios themes. But now, seeing more pictures of the actual sets and figures, I must say I'm impressed. I really love Dracula's bride and the female Monster Hunter. All of these figures give a great Van Helsing/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen/Victorian era vibe :thumbup: .

My thoughts exactly.

Mr. Toys Toyworld has the prices for these sets, but it seems the site has a huge markup on Lego. Destiny's Bounty is marked up $30, CM5 is marked up $.80, T-Rex Hunter is marked up $20, etc. The Monster Fighter prices will probably be half to 3/4 of the prices on that website.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm excited about these sets and love the designs that we've seen so far. But does anyone else thing that the colour and quality look slightly off with those minifigs? such as the colour of the brides hair and look of the fighters hat? I'm sure it won't be an issue when they actually come out and perhaps I'm over thinking it, but to me those details really stick out when I look at them. Are these mock ups again or the finished product?

I definitely agree! Especially about the female figs. Even though I prefer the other vampiress, LEGO's is really nice and I love the female hunter. I'm sure I'll end up getting extra sets to have those to build MOCs with.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm excited about these sets and love the designs that we've seen so far. But does anyone else thing that the colour and quality look slightly off with those minifigs? such as the colour of the brides hair and look of the fighters hat? I'm sure it won't be an issue when they actually come out and perhaps I'm over thinking it, but to me those details really stick out when I look at them. Are these mock ups again or the finished product?

I think it's the flash of taking the pictures. Happens to me all the time when I try to take pictures of the LEGO - the colors just aren't captured quite right. Can't say anything about the designs, look fine to me, but any discoloration I'm attributing to the pictures.