Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

I like the ghosts minifig though. I missed out on the older sets with ghosts so I am not complaining now. ;)

I'm a huge fan of the ghost figure. I loved it as a kid and I'm so happy to have recovered my childhood LEGO collection and found I still had the ghost!

But I understand its not for everyone.

I love the look of the train. Depending on how expensive it is, I'm debating on getting two so I can keep one as is and modify the other one.

I also like the ghost. I understand that LEGO probably won't be doing transparent minifigures anytime soon, so I am perfectly happy with the cartoony sheet one.

Will the minifigures that are from the collectable minifig line be permanent or are they just placeholders? It seems sort of odd to make the minifigs no longer "rare".

When i look at the wearwolf minifig i keep thinking it looks like a more sinister fabuland.

Edited by Black Rabbit

I've never been a fan of the ghost shroud. Perhaps with the new one if they'd had the arms out to the sides [like the 'gargoyles'] with ghostly wrapping hanging off the arms and a head more akin to a minifig I might be a fan. The old and new ghost just look too cartoon-ish to me. An easy pass on the train set.

I'll probably not bother with this theme besides the minifigs I like. The monster fighters themselves, the vampires, Frankenstein and monster if they look ok. The vehicles don't interest me and nor do the settings. The rehashing and meshing of old themes is starting to bore me. I'd prefer to get a bunch of themed minifigs on a theme in a simple box without a bunch of bricks. I don't have money to spend on expensive sets just to get a few parts I want. I suspect a lot of people feel the same. Maybe it's time Lego went back to the old 'six minifigures in a box' set idea. pocket money sized to cater for poorer purchasers. battlepacks don't cut it. though there's room for those too I'd just prefer to have a biodegradable box than a plastic blister and one of each minifig instead of multiples of the same minifig. :sceptic:

I'm right there with you on that one. I really just want the 'Fighters', I'd love a minifig pack that has all of them in there.

It is certainly a two-way street then, because I don't care at all about the monster fighters and would really want just the monsters. I only have one of the CMF monsters so I am really excited for this theme. I decided to not to buy all the of the Dino sets because this theme is coming out. There are just too many themes that want my money this year, so you have to cut some things out I suppose.

And I love the ghost shroud. I have a few from the early days and will be excited to get more! And I'm super excited for the glow skeleton horse.

Glow skeleton will be sweet. Any idea if the ghosts will be glow in the dark too?

Not sure, but they likely will be. The old ones were, and I can't see why the new ones wouldn't be, especially if the skeleton horse is G-I-T-D.

Edited by Legoman273

Monster fighters, eh? I hope it isn't as lame and <insert that tiresome argument> as ninjago, It might just bring me back into lego. It'd be cool if it were done like futuristic pit fights with horrible beasts or people controlling the beasts like vehicles. I doubt it'll be as I'm imagining it, but I hope it's cool. Or some monster themed minifigures at least.

Lame and <insert that tiresome argument>...perfect way to describe Ninjago.

Lame and <insert that tiresome argument>...perfect way to describe Ninjago.

Ninjago is not "<insert that tiresome argument>" - it's got a story that appeals to youngsters, yes, but the sets themselves use standadrd LEGO pieces, with the exception of the big dragon heads and perhaps the odd BURP or two, depending if you see them as "<insert that tiresome argument>" elements.

Edited by Rocketbilly

I think people use "<insert that tiresome argument>" to mean "appeals to kids more than adults".

By that logic, you must hate LEGO.

I think people use "<insert that tiresome argument>" to mean "appeals to kids more than adults".

By that logic, you must hate LEGO.

lol! Yeah, isn't 99% of LEGO aimed at kids with that 1% aimed at adults?

As it is, I love Ninjago, but then I love Ninjas. Yes, there are sets and concepts that I don't like, but overall, I am very happy and hooked on the series.

And I'm sure I'll be the same way about Monster Fighters. I can only hope that there's an unannounced Zombie set. Hopefully, a Zombie battle pack. That would sell soo well!

This theme doesn't really do it for me. :sceptic:

I would have preferred Cryptozoology-type monsters (Yeti, Mongolian Death Worm etc.) to mythological monsters, but whatever.

That Swamp-Monster set is a must buy for me, though. That will most likely be all.

I do admire the idea, though. :thumbup:

While this theme is certainly for LEGO's core market, from what I've seen and heard about the theme, I find the line-up fun and playful. I'm especially looking forward to the Swamp Creature reminding me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and the Ghost Train. We've needed a spooky castle for a long time and the vampire castle may hide some spooky tricks and traps.

I'm dusting off a few pictures in anticipation of this theme and may even break-out my Studio Monster sets. I'll give the theme a preliminary :thumbup: .

5315078468_2420c0239d_z.jpg

ghostline.jpg

spooky...

For me, the must-have set is the castle. If anyone here remembers the Castlevania series, you can probably guess why.

The ghost train also looks promising, but as usual I'd like to reserve my judgement until we see some pictures that are more reflective of what the sets will actually look like once they hit stores.

I would have preferred Cryptozoology-type monsters (Yeti, Mongolian Death Worm etc.) to mythological monsters, but whatever.

That Swamp-Monster set is a must buy for me, though. That will most likely be all.

Don't you mean movie monsters? All of them may have a basis in older folklore, but these monsters here were popularised by films...

Mythological would be The Gorgon, Sphinx, Hell Hounds etc

Mythological would be The Gorgon, Sphinx, Hell Hounds etc

A mythological Greek theme has always intrigued me as well. A Charon from the River Styx. Now you're talking! :thumbup:

This is almost exactly my viewpoint. :thumbup:

I would much rather have a Loch Ness Monster than another Frankenstein or Mummy. :sadnew:

I've seen that a lot of people want there to be a zombie set in this theme, but we haven't seen one yet. According to Brickset, set 9465 is called "The Zombies". I think this is probably a provisional name, but it seems to me that there's a possibility that this set might have zombies in it. Here's the link.

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=9465-1

Don't know if this has been posted already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcfFMUKyfSs

prelim pics, as the ones that are up for TLOTR sets, feel free to remove my post if i'm kind of breaking eurobricks' rules...

So far...i'm disliking very much the ghostly-like vehicles, the rest have some adventure-like design and accesories, which i'm loving!! The minifigs look great and that Dracula's Castle is becoming a must-buy!

Don't know if this has been posted already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcfFMUKyfSs

prelim pics, as the ones that are up for TLOTR sets, feel free to remove my post if i'm kind of breaking eurobricks' rules...

So far...i'm disliking very much the ghostly-like vehicles, the rest have some adventure-like design and accesories, which i'm loving!! The minifigs look great and that Dracula's Castle is becoming a must-buy!

Yes, it has already been posted. Actually that's where all the confirmation of the rumours come from.

oops! mea culpa...well, i've already expressed my thoughts on this new theme, let's wait to see the final sets on the coming Toy Fairs =)