Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

could it be possible that there could be a godzilla theme. i'm reading there is a film in the making

Did you accidentally post this in the wrong place? This'd fit better in this new topic. This topic is about a rumored non-licensed action theme, so it's definitely not Godzilla.

Anyway, still no news? I would think that news would have come by now, but then again, TLG has been really strict about leaks this year.... :cry3:

Yeah, it seems like security is tightening. You'd think a little leak would promote some hype here and there, but there are obvious reasons behind not wanting leaks to come out.

Actually, there's no reason to expect concrete evidence of any of the summer 2012 sets yet. Ordinarily, nothing crops up until mid-Winter or so.

Eight sets due out in August and they would make a good theme park with the variety of monsters and size of some sets :devil:

I doubt that TLG will use the 'classic' movie-mosters with Collectible Minifigs out. I was thinking something along the lines of a cthulhu or a shoggoth, but the designers may make up new monsters. It's just my opinion that they wouldn't make more classic monsters that have been done and overdone already. :wink:

"Overdone?"

Eight sets due out in August and they would make a good theme park with the variety of monsters and size of some sets :devil:

Monsters.....well that's interesting....I wonder what kind......Scooby Doo, where are you ?! :laugh:

Hmm, lets see, we have Studios, HP, CM, LEGO Games, yeah, they're overdone. :tongue:

Studios was almost a decade ago (before half or more of LEGO's core customers were even born) and featured them in only four sets (and there officially not even representing actual monsters, merely actors in costume), CM (if by that you mean "collectible minifigures) = available for a brief window per series and just minifigures (not full-blown sets with locales, vehicles, etc.), Games has heads - not full figures, just heads - of some classic monsters in a single now-discontinued set, and HP (if by which you mean "Harry Potter") doesn't really feature all that many such classic monsters beyond perhaps ghosts and skeletons. For example:

Vampire - available once in a set nearly a decade ago, once in a Minifigures series for a brief period last year

Frankenstein's monster - available once in a set nearly a decade ago, once in a Minifigures series for a brief period this year (possibly still available in some areas, but not all)

... and so on. So, no, not really overdone at all. :tongue:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Studios was almost a decade ago (before half or more of LEGO's core customers were even born) and featured them in only four sets (and there officially not even representing actual monsters, merely actors in costume), CM (if by that you mean "collectible minifigures) = available for a brief window per series and just minifigures (not full-blown sets with locales, vehicles, etc.), Games has heads - not full figures, just heads - of some classic monsters in a single now-discontinued set, and HP (if by which you mean "Harry Potter") doesn't really feature all that many such classic monsters beyond perhaps ghosts and skeletons. For example:

Vampire - available once in a set nearly a decade ago, once in a Minifigures series for a brief period last year

Frankenstein's monster - available once in a set nearly a decade ago, once in a Minifigures series for a brief period this year (possibly still available in some areas, but not all)

... and so on. So, no, not really overdone at all. :tongue:

I admit it, you beat me. :blush:

I still think that they won't do the 'classic' monsters, though. :tongue:

I admit it, you beat me. :blush:

I still think that they won't do the 'classic' monsters, though. :tongue:

One set is called "Vampire Hearse". Must be the first time that LEGO has produced a hearse set :devil:

In my honest opinion, I think the next action theme is going to be Ancient Greece or Rome, with a modern twist (which seems to be a trend with these newer action themes.) I can already imagine the TV commericals... :cry_happy:

One set is called "Vampire Hearse". Must be the first time that LEGO has produced a hearse set :devil:

You sound pretty certain, and your info is pretty specific. :oh: I hope you don't mind if I ask how you came by it...

:wink:

You sound pretty certain, and your info is pretty specific. :oh: I hope you don't mind if I ask how you came by it...

I second this... not that I'm complaining, since if you're right, that more or less confirms one of the most original themes we've gotten in awhile.

After doing some mediocre research I came across nothing pertaining to this theme other that rumors and a guy claiming that "I saw them and they were awesome!!!!!!" So I dunno. It's seeming kinda unlikly, maybe we're making a big deal out of a false rumor.

AllanSmith has been right before, and until proven wrong I will take him at his word. I for one am excited to see a monsters theme. There isn't a lot I'm interested in next year, so this makes up for it, and hopefully they blend well with my old studios sets.

The mention of a theme park intrigues me, is this a reference to Zombieland?

I'm the first to find this? Really?

Okay then, here's a link.

Seems like the rumours are true. That's yet another set of rumours confirmed. :classic:

Personally, the sets look a little dated, but there should be some nice figures including the fish-man and ghosts.

Edit again: The train is nice.

Edited by Delta 38

Holy crap! Its official, MONSTER FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweet:

I beat you by a minute. :laugh:

The ghost train is really nice though. Not sure about the others, but the train is probably the best set out of all of them.

Also, I don't think the figures are all reused, because these are preliminary. I don't think we've ever had repeats of minifigs from the Collectible Minifigs line.

The gill man look cool, and those bat...men looks interesing, winged arms! maybe we can expect a Manbat minifig for the batman theme.

The sets look really good. Some of the minifigures look a bit like a rehash of the Collectable Minifigures monsters though.

Defineatly interesting for pre-lims, and I'm guessing some of the train lovers will be happy to get more of the black steamer wheels in a set. Alot of parts in new colours there as well I believe, the castle looks like the HP castle roofs in black? Personally Im not interested in the vehicles, but both the monsters and the parts ( in some of the sets at least ) look great for helping out with fantasy/castle builds!

Yuck!.

I really hate these.

The overall dark color scheme with sets that look like there out of the 90s...

It just looks pretty horrible especially when you compare these to the (best set's TLG has ever done) Dino and Ninjago sets.

They're re-using the Vampire, Mummy, The Monster, and the Mad scientist from the collectable minifigs!

Keep in mind these are prelims. The CMFs were most likely used as stand-ins.