ZCerberus

Avalonia River Run Watchtower of Mesodraconem

The garrison has arrived at River Run Watchtower my liege.

Though the river is only a few feet wide, River Run is a treacherous territory for any who attempt to brave the rapid river waters or the foot bridge into Avalonia. A statue of Orctanus Greffin, original “Defender of the Realm” continues to stand guard over all of Avalonia. Some men of the realm say the statue has mystical powers that grant the garrison at River Run Watchtower superior strength and endurance.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

To me the purpose of the watchtower is not only to be a first line of defense, but it should also be used to signal others if danger approaches. To accomplish both of these purposes I made the tower of stone for defense and made the tower tall and added a spy glass (must be the first one ever invented since in the real world it wasn’t invented until the early 1600s) and an outcropping with a fire pot to light a signal fire/smoke signal on top of the tower (without burning down the wood covering on top).

A special shout out to our Guild Leader, Derfel Cadarn, since I basically stole all his landscaping techniques for this one.

main.jpg

img_7205.jpg

img_7207.jpg

img_7208.jpg

img_7209.jpg

img_7214.jpg

img_7215.jpg

img_7221.jpg

img_7224.jpg

That is fantastic Zcerberus! :sweet:

A fearsome watchtower with some epic details, the masonry, the window and the wooden roofing at the top. :thumbup:

I really like the amount of detail you've poured in here, I see all kinds of awesome things when I take a closer look.

Epic build Zcerberus! :thumbup:

I'm sure you can keep an eye on the trade routes as well with that spyglass!

Ah, this must be the same river as I built my tower by, only further south. :tongue:

The Avalonians sure know how to work in stone, lots of great details here and an impressive hight on the tower. Nice setting with the lush environment too. :thumbup:

Have to break character for a second to say:

Holy crap! Fantastic!

This is by far one of the best watchtowers, period! The details, architecture, and landscaping are all on point. You do your guild very proud!

Guess I'll have to step it further up if I'm going to come anywhere near close to this one. :D

Great tower, it looks like it's coming from a fairytale! The entrance is well done, no ladder... to bad! :tongue:

This is why we are known as mighty Avalonia! Excellent work Z, this is very impressive and a great inspiration to our guildsmen. I really like what you have done with all the details and the base and landscape look lovely. I knew you could rock some castle mocs!! Keep it up Z, you do your guild proud!

Wow!! So impressive and big yet packed with little details! Great build! I also like the ladder up to the tower!

AWESOME my fellow Avalonia defender....a beautiful tower with lush greenery.....reminds me more greenery on mine (still W-I-P mine is :blush: )

I :wub: the details, makes me rethink mine a little. :wink:

Avalonia Forever !

You are the first person I see to make the borders like this- pretty creative I must say. The tower looks so... clean, IMO mixed grey/light gray would be better.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

An inspiring creation! Love the use of foliage on the sides to give it nice framing. The tower itself looks superb, nice use of the guilds colour scheme too. :thumbup:

Outstanding build Z, just what I'd expect from you...if you ever want to defect to Nocturnus we'd happily have you. :wink:

Outstanding build Z, just what I'd expect from you...if you ever want to defect to Nocturnus we'd happily have you. :wink:

Careful Taz, m'lord may think me a traitor!

I love this outstanding tower and that beautiful river. :wub:

The tower is definitely my style of build, the greenery and river, however, that is the tricks I learned from Derfel Cadarn.

An inspiring creation! Love the use of foliage on the sides to give it nice framing.

I was going for a frame that looked like it was "folded" down from the rest of the MOC, kinda like the world would exist outside the small 32 x 32 baseplate.

Amazing, the statue is great!

And it has mystical powers to boot!

I knew you could rock some castle mocs!!

I am a closet castle fanatic... just don't tell the Classic-Pirates.com guys!

Edited by ZCerberus

Of the many excellent towers around here, this is definetely my favourite one! I simply love everything about it, except for the fact that it is Avalonian :tongue:

Of the many excellent towers around here, this is definetely my favourite one! I simply love everything about it, except for the fact that it is Avalonian :tongue:

Thanks! I lurk around the history forum often, but this is only my second attempt at a medieval MOC, so I am glad you liked it.

Nice watch-tower ;) I love the stone feeling, surrounded with nature, with foliage and river, really Avalonian ;)

It won't do you any good, and your guild, but nice try, anyway :)

Phenomenal work Z! :wub:

The whole thing is a beauty, but I especially love those windows. :thumbup:

It definitely has the Avalonia feel and influence, and I hope to see more builds from you in the future! :wink:

Is there something inside?

Nope. A lot of the techniques I used to make the outside look good make the inside look terrible.

I hope to see more builds from you in the future! :wink:

That's why I joined the guild after all!

I just hope I didn't shoot all my bullets on the first challenge. I have a feeling we haven't even seen the best MOCs or even the best watchtowers that will be created yet!