Sirens-of-Titan

Misty Mountain Top (MOC)

Hello all! I have been wondering whether to continue MOC'ing my ongoing project, or to create a few Mitgardian MOC's. In the end I decided to do both; as the story takes a turn into Mitgardia, allowing me to both keep telling it, and contribute to the Guild. :wink:

This is my latest creation: My take on a unique watchtower, as far as I'm aware the brick technique is new. Enjoy, get inspired and see the full story here:

MOCPAGES. :thumbup: (Asparuh is back! :grin:)

Mitgardians, this is a glorious tower to defend our lands against invaders. (never-mind the story) :wink:

1321577482m_DISPLAY.jpg

1321577460m_DISPLAY.jpg

1321577479m_DISPLAY.jpg

6356022491_111cbbc08d_z.jpg

1321577422m_DISPLAY.jpg

Let me know what you think of the MOC in general.

Cheers! :wink:

That's a lovely tower! You've captured the snowy mountainous look perfectly, and I believe you may be right, I don't think I've ever seen a round tower done that way before ( 1x2 thin technic is it? ).

The overall tower has a slightly middle eastern look to me, I think that's the top. Anyway, brilliant work, and I hope your fingers aren't too sore from shoving all those bars into the technic pieces :tongue:

Edited by Belchher

I haven't seen a tower done like that - but I believe flat sides of buildings....

Fantastic build. I love the 'little things' you do to add such a great over all impression. And as always - love your story telling ;D

We could use someone of your linguistic talents over in the south... just say'n.

Edited by SI-mocs

That is a great technique SOT a huge castle in this style was Blogged on the Brothers Brick a few weeks ago, regardless it looks great and oozes your style!

I'm guessing the technic lift arms will shoot up in price now?

It's a great tower, and looks a pretty good template for building lighthouses. Interesting technique, unfortunately the shadow in the gaps detracts from the look. Perhaps in full light it looks a bit better.

The landscape is great, the camera view from low down side on is perfect forced perspective for the background mountains. Excellent strategic location for a watchtower, so much warning time afforded (except during a fierce blizzard - but who would advance during that?). The intelligence of the men in the North is indeed worthy of note.

An exceptional piece of work Sirens. Love the different techniques used and the land scape is nicely done and thought out. A great inspiring moc for your land. I have been messing around with dry ice on a tower I'm doing for the mystic isles, and I think it's something worth trying as the effect it gives would look great for Mitgardia. Nice work :thumbup: Oh and you should have named it 'Misty Mountain Hop' :wink:

I really love the technique used in the tower, I also love the landscaping, in particular the rock work around the tower.

Really really nice! I like the sorrounding landscapre the most. The naked nature, snow on some of the rocks, the dark tan road.. Perfect! I have to get some of the plates in dark tan!!

The tower is also very nice! How is the bricks on top of the round part stuck?

Great job!

Nice building trick with the Technic pin 2x1 thin links......I :wub: it.....sorry, but this building style maybe borrowed by Avalonia and of course improved on too ! :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

It somehow reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed game. Very nice atmosphere indeed!

Great tower! :classic: Like the use of the technic-pieces. I'm gonna use the filled up saddle when there is no rider, nice touch!

Excellent Build! That's a very nice technique you've used on the tower. I wouldn't be suprise to see it popping up more in other peoples mocs after seeing how well it works in yours! Great work!

Long live Mitgatdia! :classic:

Thanks for the nice comments guy! :blush:

@ Taz, yes I saw that technique a few weeks ago but I like to think mine is rather unique in the way that it uses a different technic parts, and actually wraps around a central cylinder made of a lot of these:

48092.jpg?0

:wink:

Looking great "S-o-T." :classic:

I love how you've created the illusion of a mountain overlook. :thumbup: