Sign in to follow this  
Fantu

MOC - Elven War Lion

Ellen Silla Lúmen Omentielvo!

This is part of my entry as member of Avalonia but I think it deserved an topic so the members of other guilds see it without searching for tons of pages in the Avalonia Guild Topic.

Daeron Arphenion mounted on his War Lion accompanied by Vanya Meldamiriel, Malygos Saeldur and 2 Sunblades (Hybrasil Elite Guards).

RAWR.

hybrasil03.jpg

More pics below.

warlion02.jpg

warlion06.jpg

warlion08.jpg

warlion10.jpg

warlion13.jpg

Namárië!

Edited by Fantu

This truly deserves an own thread!

As someone who has thought a lot about elves in the last months, I can say: What a great idea! Great built!

I like that it does not look too technicy!!

Do you have more pictures?

Thanks Wardancer.

As asked, I put some more pictures above on the main post. The better part of the War Lion is that it still has the movement from HF.

There still lots of things for me to make a true Elven Kingdom for myself, but I´ll finish it someday.

It's based on the Warhammer Warlion.

warwarlionepic_concept.jpg

Edited by Fantu

This is very cool. I'm not that into fantasy, but the piece usage here is fantastic - how are the Technic axles that attach the lower legs to the Hero Factory joint piece held in? just by friction? I don't recall there being any other connection on them apart from the ball and cup.

This is very cool. I'm not that into fantasy, but the piece usage here is fantastic - how are the Technic axles that attach the lower legs to the Hero Factory joint piece held in? just by friction? I don't recall there being any other connection on them apart from the ball and cup.

Thanks Rocketbilly!

The technic axles fits so well in that spot that I'm afraid to call it friction. I discovered it by mistake and I´m glad I could use it there. No pieces were harmed.

I want to build a full scene with him in battle. It's not simple big, it's imposing and sturdy. I'm sure it withstands an KFOL playing with him without problems.

I'm planning in doing the same to the other 3.0 HF but their cost dont help much to reach my objective (US$ 30 each here in Brazil, or US$117 the XL...).

Thanks Rocketbilly!

The technic axles fits so well in that spot that I'm afraid to call it friction. I discovered it by mistake and I´m glad I could use it there. No pieces were harmed.

I want to build a full scene with him in battle. It's not simple big, it's imposing and sturdy. I'm sure it withstands an KFOL playing with him without problems.

I'm planning in doing the same to the other 3.0 HF but their cost dont help much to reach my objective (US$ 30 each here in Brazil, or US$117 the XL...).

Ahh well I'll give your newly discovered connection a try when I'm able to use my sets next, looks very good.

Wow! that's a lot of money for one figure! *huh*

Great work, Fantu! Quite a fierce defender!

They appear to be quite at home within the Enchanted Forest and Mystic Isles of Avaloina!

The council of Darwynia would like to put in an order for several of these beasts. Are they easily tamed?

Wow! that's a lot of money for one figure! *huh*

Yep. I love living in Brazil but buying Lego here is a nightmare. LEGO here costs like 4 to 5 times more than anywhere else.

Great work, Fantu! Quite a fierce defender!

They appear to be quite at home within the Enchanted Forest and Mystic Isles of Avaloina!

The council of Darwynia would like to put in an order for several of these beasts. Are they easily tamed?

This one is a black lion, a treacherous and vicious beast. The circunstances that made them companions were extreme but forged a strong friendship between them.

Great MOC! Where's the lions head from, I've never seen anything like it...

It's Rocka's helmet from Hero Factory 3.0. :wink:

Here is the big guy. I want to do the same to the others as soon as I can get the others.

2143-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

Thanks de Gothia. Since every guild has their own flying mount, I think I'll work on some Great Hawks for Avalonia and a few other elven beasts to populate the Enchanted Forest.

Cool lion. Nice idea of using that head for a lion head. I already saw it in the Avalonia guild, but alas, I failed to reply. It's really fantastic.

Yep. I love living in Brazil but buying Lego here is a nightmare. LEGO here costs like 4 to 5 times more than anywhere else.

>> Yeah, I can understand. Singapore also not very cheap.

>> I love your lion... really, and I go to purchase rocka the very same day that I saw your post 2 weeks ago (but I didn't get the opportunity to build it straight away as was travelling to japan, but it's been in my mind ever since to build the lion).

>> Building on your great work, I improvise a little, as I was looking towards more playability/robustness as my 5 year old son played with it alot for the past few days. I added some accessories, like a flag, a long sabre blade, and a chair as well so that he can put his champions while he's playing... and when he wants to play with the lion alone, he can easily remove the mounted chair.

>> So I spent 2 days reconfiguring from your original design, keeping him mind to re-use as many parts as possible (70% of rocka's parts are useable); and focusing on the color scheme... (as you can see, I replace the body plate with a black color, change the paws to gold, etc).

FRONT VIEW

IMAG0042.jpg

LEFT VIEW

IMAG0036.jpg

RIGHT VIEW

IMAG0038.jpg

WITH/WITHOUT SEAT

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Edited by puayyong

That lion is too cool @_@

Fantu, if you want I can buy the Hero figures here in the US and ship them to you, you'll probably save a few bucks but not sure if it's worth it for you. Maybe everything can fit in a priority envelope, it's like $15 shipping total worldwide.

Edited by DrNightmare

Wow, that lion is fantastic! Amazing parts usage, and the end result is very cool. I also like the wolf. Also sent you a pm.

Thank you all for the replies!

Puayyong you did a really good job! But I still prefer my version... :tongue:

I like those spikes on the sides but I like to use the shields there to display it´s faction.

I´ll take a few more photos showing some details of the build so everyone can build their own Warlion. I wish someone tried the same with the other HF.

PS.: The wolf in the last pic that I posted is a modified version of the 7015-1 Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf

7015-1.jpg

Edited by Fantu

So I liked your war lion so much I had to build it, too. Some minor details are different, but I copied most of it.

lion2.jpg

Plus I also built the wolf! (From Bulk 3.0.)

wolf2.jpg

Mighty beasts fighting:

lion_vs_wolf.jpg