Theme: Trains

Pieces: 389

Minifigures: 3

Year of Release: 1995

Price at Release: $66

Brickset

Peeron

Bricklink

This a pictorial review of a great set, one of my favorites. One can only hope that we will see a new version of this set in 2012...

REAL WORLD EXAMPLE, 165: CARGO STATION, 7823: CONTAINER CRANE DEPOT

hub-train-ns-crane-1.jpg

0165-1.jpg

7823-1.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS

img_0620.jpg

img_0621.jpg

img_0622.jpg

img_0623.jpg

MINIFIGS

img_0592.jpg

TRUCK

img_0594.jpg

img_0593.jpg

ROLLING STOCK

img_0598.jpg

img_0600.jpg

CONTAINERS

img_0595.jpg

img_0596.jpg

img_0597.jpg

img_0625.jpg

img_0626.jpg

img_0629.jpg

img_0630.jpg

img_0627.jpg

img_0628.jpg

TRUCK, ROLLING STOCK & CONTAINERS

img_0603.jpg

img_0605.jpg

img_0604.jpg

img_0601.jpg

img_0602.jpg

10170 Container

img_0607.jpg

4549 Containers

img_0608.jpg

BUILDING & CRANE

img_0609.jpg

img_0612.jpg

img_0613.jpg

img_0614.jpg

img_0615.jpg

img_0616.jpg

img_0617.jpg

img_0618.jpg

4549 Container

img_0619.jpg

OVERVIEW

img_0591.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictorial review...Take care...

Great review 'typo', it's really an excellent classic town inspired set with detail and play features. :wink:

But where's the coffee machine though ? :laugh:

Brick On Review On 'typo' ! (dam, I want to build my own overhead loader for my new 10219 :wink: )

I own and love this set!

I like also these beautiful pictures! :thumbup:

I also remember my first cargo station (set 165)

and my first two minifigures! :tongue:

Nice review for this great set!

Thanks, I missed that one...

Great review 'typo', it's really an excellent classic town inspired set with detail and play features. :wink:

But where's the coffee machine though ? :laugh:

Brick On Review On 'typo' ! (dam, I want to build my own overhead loader for my new 10219 :wink: )

Thanks, I wondered about the coffee machine myself. I guess that's all that's missing. Hopefully in 2012 there will be a new cargo station for these recent, larger containers...

Edited by typo

Great review 'typo'. I love this set, and was lucky enough to get one as I started collecting 9V. It remains one of my favorite, all time, sets. Thanks for reviewing it default_classic.gif

Great review, but I doubt we'd see something like this in 2012... What about 7939?

The crane in 7939 is a nice start or add-on for a new cargo station, but it's not a full cargo station set. A new cargo station in 2012 is really not all that far-fetched...

It's nice to see images of this classic set. I've added a poll so that our members can rate this set.

In addition, as an FYI, the Train Tech logo you placed at the beginning is used by me to show that the review/topic has been indexed. I'll leave it for now but have to index later.

It's nice to see images of this classic set. I've added a poll so that our members can rate this set.

In addition, as an FYI, the Train Tech logo you placed at the beginning is used by me to show that the review/topic has been indexed. I'll leave it for now but have to index later.

Great idea the pool ...I've just left my vote for this outstanding set! :tongue:

Very nice pictorial review, loved seeing the different angles of this set great set (I want that blue rail car chassis :grin: ). Would definitely be nice to see an update of this for the newer standard 6 wide containers, would pick it up in a heartbeat to complement the Maersk trains in my little collection. :laugh:

I want that blue rail car chassis :grin:

You can get almost anything on BrickLink: Price ranges from $7.00 to $20.00

This set looks nice and I've pondered purchasing it more than once but I wonder, is it really worth the $130.00 and up it would cost (including shipping) when I could build an updated version for that or less? Especially since I really like the scale of the Maersk Containers and am already irritated by the varying scaled Cargo Containers TLG has produced in the past.

Edited by kyphur

You can get almost anything on BrickLink: Price ranges from $7.00 to $20.00

This set looks nice and I've pondered purchasing it more than once but I wonder, is it really worth the $130.00 and up it would cost (including shipping) when I could build an updated version for that or less? Especially since I really like the scale of the Maersk Containers and am already irritated by the varying scaled Cargo Containers TLG has produced in the past.

Those prices are outrageous...luckily I received this set as a Christmas gift back in the 90's while it was still in production...

Edited by typo