lorax

MOC: Gingerbread house

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I am building a small thing (as a member of BLTG) for a library Christmas display, I was thinking of a stereotypical scene and maybe juxtaposing it with an Australian Christmas scene.

Here is my stereotypical kind of scene, a gingerbread house with a liquorice all-sorts fence, lollipop trees and muffin shrubs.

6349143249_9035e7a4e2.jpg

Gingerbread house by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

6349143081_b38d32aa7a.jpg

Gingerbread house by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :sweet:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Yummmmm, looks delicious, I want a bite. :drool:

Too bad it's plastic. :wink:

Thanks,

I am glad I don't have any lollies in the house, because building this has given me some serious cravings :laugh:

That looks sugary awesome and extra tasty! Love it! I used to handmake gingerbread houses for christmas until a few years ago but never thought of doing one in Lego!

The recreation of actual liqourice-pieces for fence posts is my favourite detail! (even though I despise liquorice for the life of me *shudder*)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Be well all!

Cutty

very nice indeed...would work great as a Hansel and Gretel house too!

Thanks you. Originally I did have that idea (to go with my recent three little pigs house). So, maybe it will evolve into the witches house from Hansel and Gretel.

Thanks you. Originally I did have that idea (to go with my recent three little pigs house). So, maybe it will evolve into the witches house from Hansel and Gretel.

It will then become the house for all seasons!!

We're onto you-- you went into the future with your time machine and picked up the Winter Candy Shop, only to bring it back to 2011 and claim it as your own-- DIDN'T YOU???!!!!

Or, maybe not. Nice work!

'lorax'....one word.....SWEET !

Fantastic designing....so is that now where Santa lives...Mrs. Claus kick him out finally after all these years eh ? :laugh:

Lego should release a set like set....my wife would want it ! :laugh:

Brick On with Santa 'lorax' ! :sweet:

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I hope it works well in the library Christmas display.

I should get cracking to see if I can finish the Australian summer Christmas scene now.

This is lovely. :wub: Gets me right into the Christmas Spirit. I'm sorry I missed it earlier! Nicely done :thumbup:

Excellent gingerbread house! The colors you used were terrific, it looks like real gingerbread and candy. It will be a great addition to any Christmas display.

Congrats,

Andy D

If I didn't know better I would say it is a real Gingerbread house. It captures the look and feel of one quite nicely. A great addition for the upcoming holiday. Brilliant work.

If I didn't know better I would say it is a real Gingerbread house. It captures the look and feel of one quite nicely. A great addition for the upcoming holiday. Brilliant work.

If you see our real gingerbread houses, you will know the difference :laugh:

6404264143_e9a5f55f57.jpg

Gingerbread House by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

Although I will blame someone else for the disaster

6404263045_d712c5bd85.jpg

Yeah, we know you ate the sprinkles by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

That's a great MOC Iorax! TLG should definitely do a gingerbread house as part of their "winter" exclusive theme :classic:

My favourite part of your MOC is the licorice fence, although the pine tree is also fairly unusual with its plates and it looks great!