Sign in to follow this  
lego envy

MOC of Jabba's Palace Doors..

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is my 2nd attempt at a small moc..It's nothing really detailed ,but i thought it came out pretty good.. This is my contrabution to the ROTJ community build.

Please let me know what you think.. Also, i was running out of matching parts so, i used what i had.. The MOC isn't that big so i wanted to use pic of the MOC itself with nothing else in the background.

I also, included a pic of the scene i MOC'd

starwarsepisode6returno.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1076-1.jpg

I added an updated pic...enjoy..

Opening the door...

securedownload-2.jpg

Thanks, Bob

Edited by lego envy

Nice work! :thumbup: Any plans to expand on this scene in future?

Edited by Praiter Yed

Nice work! :thumbup: Any plans to expand on this scene in future?

Yes, I have plans on modifying it as soon as I have enough parts

Thank for the nice comments guys.

Wow you sure are fast with your CB entry eh? :laugh: I really like the fact that as simple as the build looks, it really captures the scene very accurately. One of those builds which proves simplicity is beauty. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Nice and simple lego envy nice job :classic:. The door looks bigger than than I remembered.

I tried to make it as close as I could. In the scene r-2 is as tall as the bottom of the door, so i used 3 bricks to get the same hight as the r-2 fig.

Edited by lego envy

This is a well done scene! Other then the door there aren't many details, but you made it as accurate as you could. Great work! :classic:

This is very nice, although I hate seeing that bigger door from the Blu-Ray version.

I agree. That's the only one I found when I googled it. Lol

I could take my own pic from the VHS I have

This is very nice, although I hate seeing that bigger door from the Blu-Ray version.

Ahah that's what I thought It looks bigger on the screenshot not your MOC lego envy, I meant I didn't remember the door been that big.

A near perfect rendition of the door! The only thing I would change is the door droid for this part from the jabba's message set as it is smaller. This is only minor gripe in a otherwise great MOC. :thumbup:

32474pb01.gif

A near perfect rendition of the door! The only thing I would change is the door droid for this part from the jabba's message set as it is smaller. This is only minor gripe in a otherwise great MOC. :thumbup:

32474pb01.gif

Trust me if i had one i would use it...Do you have one extra?

scratch that, i just bought one...lolThanks for info

Edited by lego envy

Trust me if i had one i would use it...Do you have one extra?

scratch that, i just bought one...lolThanks for info

Glad I could help. :sweet:

Very nice! :thumbup:

The door looks really good. Do you have any plans on extending this scene? Like more ''building'' around the door, or an opening function (which would be hard I guess, with such an huge weight of lego...)?

Edited by Hollander

Very nice! :thumbup:

The door looks really good. Do you have any plans on extending this scene? Like more ''building'' around the door, or an opening function (which would be hard I guess, with such an huge weight of lego...)?

I would like to do something else , but i like it simple.. I did add a new pic of door opening...

Thanks

Man that was fast but not as fast as people posting on it *oh2* .

Great idea and execution. Simple sceen and simple build nicly done :thumbup: . Would like to see the door eye on it to give it that authentic touch. Can wait to see tha updated pic. Wonder if there will be anything eles added in the next pic?

I really need to get started on my entry!