Sign in to follow this  
BeKindRewind

CAT 2: The Horrible Henchman's Hopeless Home

All the big name villains have impressive and distinctive dwellings. But what about the humble henchman? The man who, day in and day out, endures bat-fists and batarangs just to give his boss the opportunity to escape? What type of home does he live in? And deeper than that, what type of man becomes a henchman in the first place? We will explore all of that in my entry into this wonderful contest sponsored here on Eurobricks.

01henchmanhome.jpg

Say "hello" to Frank Miller, or "Frankie" to his fellow henchman. He used to work construction, but when LexCorp took over most of the construction jobs after the Great Cataclysm, he was pennyless and quite depressed. On top of everything, he had a wife and five kids to feed, clothe and care for. Here you see his poor wife, trying to corral the kids while simultaneously trying to make dinner. Oh, dear, it doesn't look like it's going too well for her. Looks like Frankie's dinner might be a little burnt.

04hisfamily.jpg

Desperate for a paycheck, Frankie turned to the one place he knew would pay...if he could just stay alive long enough to collect. Frankie went to work for Two-Face initially, but over the years he's contracted himself out to all the big names (Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Mr. Freeze) as can be seen by his collection of garments. He's seen many of his closest friends killed...some by the police, some by rival gangs, but more than he wishes to dwell on by the very bosses they serve. It's a fifty-fifty chance that you'll survive a stent with Two-Face, for instance.

03drinkingalone.jpg

And on top of it all, here comes an unexpected, and most unwelcome, intruder...The Batman!!!

06exterior.jpg

But before you start getting soft on ol' Frankie, I draw your attention to two things which you might have over-looked. First, I mentioned his "five" kids, and yet you will see only four in the kitchen with his wife. Second, take a closer look into the attic in the first picture. It seems that Frankie's eldest son had quite the little attitude and was starting to challenge Frankie's role as man of the house. It seems that Frankie has picked up more than a paycheck from his psychopathic bosses...a complete disregard for human life as well! Batman's going to have his hands full with this interrogation!

Great entry, 'BeKindRewind', I love the way 'Frankie' looks soo relaxed in his room, maybe chilling after a hard day at the office !! ha ha :laugh: ..... Im sorry fellow EB members for that terrible joke.... :hmpf: anyway I personally enjoyed the little backstory you put together to go along with the entry !! Good luck 'BeKindRewind'

Edited by The Batman

What a magnificent and original entry! I didn't expect anyone to make a home for the henchman, and you really give us an in-depth look at the personal life of this overlooked character! There are so many stories being told in this little 8x8 vig! I love how you have included all of his various uniforms. And the best part is that the vig looks good and very "gothamy" from all angles, which is not an easy thing to achieve! Your presentation is very good too, which is always a plus.

I hope you do well in the contest! :thumbup:

This is fantastic....the downstairs scene is priceless ! :iamded_lol:

No wonder he has turned to the bottle ! :wink:

Good luck in the contest 'BeKindRewind'.....Bat-brick On ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Exellent, I love the style of this entry. :thumbup: The Bat on the roof is a nice touch, as well as the various 'goon' suits and the backstory. I especially like the scared wife, the stampede of kids, and the baby. Might have to use that technique someday for a baby. Exellent job overall, and I hope you do well in the contest. :thumbup:

That is one awesome entry! :classic::thumbup:

I really like the general concept and the idea! Very creative! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks for the positive responses everyone! I had some other ideas for the main villains (and I may still post my Bane in the raffle contest) but I thought that the henchmen never get enough attention, even though they do most of the work and take most of the beatings.

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang