Sign in to follow this  
Fred Daniel Yam

The Watchtower of Old

Hello everyone! This is my entry for the watchtower guild build challenge, I am not very good at watchtowers and was short on grey bricks when I thought about building something so ridiculously audacious that I dare not say. Let the pictures speak for themselves!

We had discovered the ruins of one of the old yellow towers and had used it as a watchtower, we were prepared when a Drow party attacked us from the East.

The rumble of battle (aka my shaking arm)

dsc01137.jpg

Drow invaders from the East!

dsc01138.jpg

The West defends itself along the borders of Historica

dsc01132.jpg

My homage to yellow castle is that I dug up all the smiley heads I had and put them on the troops.

dsc01134.jpg

C&C and the usual appreciated greatly, and Long Live Avalonia!

Edited by volcanicpanik

maybe you should give it doors and windows instead of holes in the wall, you should also consider to top the door with an arch instead of just a straight brick

maybe you should give it doors and windows instead of holes in the wall, you should also consider to top the door with an arch instead of just a straight brick

yeah, I'll do that now!

Great start. I really like the minifig posings!

Some advices.. As said before, windows and the door could use some upgrading. The landscape is rather flat... if you dont have the plates you could add something else. Like a haycart or some more vegetation...

Keep up the good work! Our watchtowers grows steadily now!!!

if you don't have any windows, doors arches, get this set it's good starter for a moc this size

if you don't have any windows, doors arches, get this set it's good starter for a moc this size

I do have Hogwarts and Escape from Dragon Prison..... :look:

Nice start 'volcanicpanik' my fellow Avalonia member - old school castle yellow eh ?....1x4 arch bricks and 1x1 headlight bricks with slope 30 pieces will help your window problem....oh, higher doorway might help too ! :wink:

Great work anyway.....I didn't know we had to fight Hagrid...my son will not like that ! :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

Nice start 'volcanicpanik' my fellow Avalonia member - old school castle yellow eh ?....1x4 arch bricks and 1x1 headlight bricks with slope 30 pieces will help your window problem....oh, higher doorway might help too ! :wink:

Great work anyway.....I didn't know we had to fight Hagrid...my son will not like that ! :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

Hi! Know a common set the 1x4 arch in yellow comes in? And that's not Hagrid! Its an evil imposter Drow!

Hi! Know a common set the 1x4 arch in yellow comes in? And that's not Hagrid! Its an evil imposter Drow!

They're in plenty of sets, but none more recent than 2004. You can buy one for as low as 3¢ USD, though.