Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

MOC: Mack Superliner truck

indexed.gif V-LC-03C

My MOC of a 1985 Mack Supeliner using parts from 8486 Mack and 3221 LEGO truck.

Using reference photos I moved the exhaust stacks to the sides and made a smaller sleeper.

The trailer unit has a tail lift as new large red doors are hard to find.

99% completed, just need some red car doors for the cab and 2 more red panels for the trailer.

macksuperliner.jpg

macksuperliner0016.jpg

macksuperliner0017.jpg

macksuperliner0018.jpg

macksuperliner0010.jpg

macksuperliner0014.jpg

macksuperliner0015.jpg

macksuperliner0005.jpg

macksuperliner0006.jpg

macksuperliner0007.jpg

macksuperliner0008.jpg

macksuperliner0009.jpg

Cool truck 'AllanSmith', great color and nice design on the tractor unit. It's a nice blend of 4 and 6 wide and I like the trailer's new lift gate. Seems much more convenient for getting it loaded/unloaded. Great job default_classic.gif

But it doesn't talk.....ha, ha - nice old school classic town inspiration in this truck with a neat loading platform ! :grin:

Brick On and Truck On...No....actually I'll say it....... Keep On Truckin' ! :grin:

Nice looking truck. :thumbup:

The wheelbase on the tractor seems a bit short though. The rear wheels shouldnt be right behind the sleeper.

I'm always excited to see a new MOC posted by you, and once again you've created a great one! I really like the front fenders, I think they are perfect. Well done!

Nice looking truck. :thumbup:

The wheelbase on the tractor seems a bit short though. The rear wheels shouldnt be right behind the sleeper.

Agreed, I have now moved rear wheels back 1 stud and it is much better, thank you :wink:

Nice! Although adding that Maersk truck pic for reference made me yearn to see it in Maersk blue... :)

simple and clean build, dare i say maybe some stickers to give the trailer some life :hmpf:

Been thinking of turning it into a Coca Cola truck so am after some Coca Cola stickers.

I might even make it into the Christmas version as I bought yesterday some 20 LED christmas lights that fit technic holes :thumbup:

Nice, clean and simple! Love the idea of it being turned into a Coca Cola truck! Could be really cool on the mantle piece for Christmas! :D

Nice, clean and simple! Love the idea of it being turned into a Coca Cola truck! Could be really cool on the mantle piece for Christmas! :D

santa0001.jpg

santa0001_1.jpg

A version with LED lights is next. Just need to do a Bricklink order for some red technic 1 x 1 bricks.

Edited by AllanSmith

AWESOME change you have made there 'Allan', I :wub: it....Lego and Coca Cola - two of my favourite things. :grin:

Always Coca Cola....Always Lego ! :laugh:

I'm diggin' the coke version. Looking forward to see the led version. :laugh:

It looks sweet, but I'm missing simple headlights though.

Its a nice looking truck, the Coca-Cola stickers help break up all the red and make it look even better.

Its given me an idea, a black rig with a black car to go inside, but do Lego make hair that can match the Hoff?