Sign in to follow this  
Konajra

Hughes 300 helicopter

indexed.gif V-A-2B

This heli is meant to be stationed at the heli-platform on the "Calypso". the famous ocean explorer vessel of Jacques Cousteau. I started building it without creating it first in Ldraw, so I just discovered that it is just a litle too big for the ship. So I made an Ldraw version of it that is just a bit smaller.

here is a photo of the helicopter

6343980168_09c1c811c9_z.jpg

and this will be the ship it is meant for. ( i still have to finish it in ldraw, before I start building it for real)

6345672964_370c502e0d_b.jpg

hope you will like it.

for more go to my Flickr page:

Awesome helicopter, I love all the small details. I can't wait to see the ship brick built.

I like the chopper. I LOVE the ship. You really are the master of sea-going creations. Really looking forward to the brick-built version of this.

Thanks everyone, for those who can't wait (like myself) for the "Calypso" to be finished in real bricks, here is a render:

6465339737_0d229ae62e_b.jpg

Many thanks to blakbird for rendering the MlCad file of the "calypso"

Wow,

Nice helicopter and instantly recognizable. And with a fully articulated rotor. Great!

Of coure the ship will be breathtaking as well when build in bricks. A lot of details there.

That ship is amazing, how long did it take to design it? Does it have an interior? I would love to have that in my yet to be added harbour. The helicopter fits in perfectly with the ship.

The helicopter is great, but that ship is truly amazing! I'm absolutely awestruck and I'm extremely exited to see this in real bricks.

Awesome job!

and here is the start of the Calypso. Still need so many bricks to finish the complete ship. I will first finish the complete front section and then start to build the back section of the ship.

The two parts will then be connected with technic pins

6668076807_abe4f2c398_b.jpg

and here is the start of the Calypso. Still need so many bricks to finish the complete ship. I will first finish the complete front section and then start to build the back section of the ship.

The two parts will then be connected with technic pins

6668076807_abe4f2c398_b.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drool: Can't wait to see this finished!

Dakar

I agree. I'd love to get a chance to view some of your ships up close some day.