lightningtiger

MOC - Avalonia Watchtower

Well, here's my watchtower.....

watchtower_99.jpg

Though I do need to make a hillside with defensive ditch in front of the tower yet. :wink:

Avalonia Forever !

Short, solid, and to the point! Excellent usage of your guild color. My only concern...that guard is way too happy to be on guard duty!

How doth one get inside the tower?! Though I think a splash of green or dark green would be nice - maybe swap out sand green at the bottom with a line of dark green bricks?

Short, solid, and to the point! Excellent usage of your guild color. My only concern...that guard is way too happy to be on guard duty!

maybe his not alone in there :)

Looks very solid and I like the use of one of the guild colours. I think that it could use some foliage, perhaps the dark green parts to match our other guild colour.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far, it's actually a W-I-P....well the tower is complete but the hillside for it sit on and trench in front of it will be tomorrow's job....oh, and there is a ladder to climb up and also the figure you see is Lord Tigerius himself. He will joined by at least two crossbow archers from his home country at kind bequest from his Queen to the people of Avalonia.

More to come.....Avalonia Forever !

Looks promising!! I like the fact that you used sand green in your tower! Do you have more bricks in that colour? Maybe you could increase the height of the tower...?

Look forward to see your update with landscaping!! :classic:

Thanks for the comments 'Jason Cicchini' and 'de Gothia', yes I still have some sand green left, but I don't need a higher tower do I.....

watchtower_97.jpg

watchtower_98.jpg

I still have to finish the ditch and hillside too....might put a gateway along side it yet...I haven't decided ? :wink:

Avalonia Forever !

Edited by lightningtiger

Great update, the small tower greatly benefits from placing it on a small hill and adding some landscape :thumbup:

It probably wouldn't hold its own against an enemy raid, but from the looks of it it is meant to watch the borders and secure early sightings instead of slowing the opposing troops down. After all, watchtowers that could defend themselves over a span of several days or even weeks are the minority.

I can imagine a bunch of those being placed at distinctive/strategic locations near the borders while being supervised by something like Silver.Smiths' small fort.

Thanks 'Abu Dun' for your feedback, actually my design is inspired in way by this.....

kiti_tower.jpg

You are right 'de Gothia' more foliage.....though I still must complete the small hill it sits on plus something to one side perhaps a small forge and anvil belonging to Tigerius....he likes to make his own weapons ! :wink:

Avalonia Forever !

nice, sturdy tower indeed, only thing I'd consider would be to form the hill using green slopes

nice, sturdy tower indeed, only thing I'd consider would be to form the hill using green slopes

Well, thank you....though I stick with the plates....money reasons which is the reason for the sand green stonework.....you gotta love paying those water and power bills eh ? :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

Edited by lightningtiger

Well done sir! The tower really benefits from being perched on a hill. I like the use of sand green and even though its a small tower, it still looks strong and able to defend. A small moat round it would look good and some foliage. Other than that, great job, you do your kingdom proud :thumbup:

DC

Long Live Mighty Avalonia!

Wow! I love your replica of this fantastic tower!

Thanks 'LT12V', I'll be working on the rest of the hillside today....plus a gap fill of Roman-ish ruins next to the tower....keep watching.....be on guard so we can defend our kingdom of Avalonia ! :sweet:

Avalonia Forever !

I have made some additions to this creation.....

watchtower_95.jpg

watchtower_96.jpg

Yes, Lord Tigerius is also a smith, likes to make and repair his own weapons....if it fails he only has himself to blame....not as yet though ! :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

Very nice - looks great on the hillside there. I do like your custom banner as well! :thumbup:

Thanks 'gabe' for your comments, it's a man-made hill next to old Roman ruins where Tigerius is able to play with his hobby....smithing. :wink:

This hill has Roman walls under it as it's foundation that's why the tower doesn't sink into the ground or fall over......clever Tigerius ! :laugh:

Avalonia Forever !

Thanks 'Abu Dun' for your feedback, actually my design is inspired in way by this.....

kiti_tower.jpg

Which tower is this and where is it located?

I don't recognise this architecture.

Which tower is this and where is it located?

I don't recognise this architecture.

Cyprus is where this structure is.....I though my tower was forgotten about. :classic:

Which reminds me to finish filling the gap in the front of the defensive ditch, oops. :blush: