Sign in to follow this  
Basiliscus

Mayan Temple

That's a very nice MOC! I especially like the floor pattern. I'll just move this to the MOCs forum. :pir-classic:

That's a very nice MOC! I especially like the floor pattern. I'll just move this to the MOCs forum. :pir-classic:

Hi Erdbeereis,

Thanks for the comments.

Sorry I posted it to the wrong forum...I have been building much recently so some of the etiquette has slipped my mind! :pir-blush:

Cheers,

Basiliscus

Hi Erdbeereis,

Thanks for the comments.

Sorry I posted it to the wrong forum...I have been building much recently so some of the etiquette has slipped my mind! :pir-blush:

Cheers,

Basiliscus

No problem, that's what I'm here for. :pir_laugh2:

Well, it's good to see new things here and thats why I really like your Mayan MOC.

The design is very well done, and I like the Umbrellas as shield, Great find!

greetz Bjornu

This is very nice and deserves some more attention.

Maybe we can drum up a few more views if it makes it on Classic-Pirates.com

Loks for this to be blogged soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

wow, totally love this one, although this seems more aztecan than mayan to me, but anyway, this definetely deserves a blog!! And as for the reception, I guess most of us currently caught up in the historica frenzy ...

And as for the reception, I guess most of us currently caught up in the historica frenzy ...

If I am not the poster child for that issue, I am not sure who would be!

This is great! I haven't seen any islander MOCs lately, so I'm really glad you built this! :pir-wink:

Keep up the great work!

Where are the pirate's? I think I'm done here on Classic Pirates.com. This get's blogged and CannonBlast Island and a few other mocs people made don't? What is up with that? You guy's in charge don't want anyone posting here anymore? I'm sorry. I won't put any of my awful mocs here anymore that cost hundreds of dollars to make.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

I love your lighting and photography - someting I will never learn, I'm afraid!

My favourite part is the dark-grey ornament just below the roof. Colours, pattern, complexity - great!

And while I love the SNOT-floor with all the great patterns, I maybe would have put in one or two pottholes - just to make it look a bit more - you know - used.

Anyway: great work!

Edited by Horry

Awesome work!

We don't see that many Mesoamerican MOCs so it's extra nice to see your one. I especially like all the different minifigs you did with all kinds of different outfits. Even though LEGO have only released a few parts that are intended for this theme you've managed to find a great number of others that fit very well too. :thumbup:

Where are the pirate's? I think I'm done here on Classic Pirates.com. This get's blogged and CannonBlast Island and a few other mocs people made don't? What is up with that? You guy's in charge don't want anyone posting here anymore? I'm sorry. I won't put any of my awful mocs here anymore that cost hundreds of dollars to make.

Calm down, there's no need to get mad. Your post is quite insulting to both the CP Crew and to Basiliscus' MOC. Blogging is not a perfect art. Like the EB frontpage, sometimes things get overlooked, or the FP is busy at the time and when it opens back up the older MOCs might be not right at the top of the bloggers' heads. Of course we want people to still post here, you included. I can assure you that if your MOCs don't get blogged it's nothing personal. Like I said, it isn't always easy to stay on top of every MOC posted and blog all of the good ones, although that is what we strive for. I believe that it is important to stay respectful to the bloggers. We have a great team, and I don't like to see them disrespected in this way. Now the crew will know about your hundred-dollar MOCs and be ready to blog one. :pir-wink:

Calm down, there's no need to get mad. Your post is quite insulting to both the CP Crew and to Basiliscus' MOC. Blogging is not a perfect art. Like the EB frontpage, sometimes things get overlooked, or the FP is busy at the time and when it opens back up the older MOCs might be not right at the top of the bloggers' heads. Of course we want people to still post here, you included. I can assure you that if your MOCs don't get blogged it's nothing personal. Like I said, it isn't always easy to stay on top of every MOC posted and blog all of the good ones, although that is what we strive for. I believe that it is important to stay respectful to the bloggers. We have a great team, and I don't like to see them disrespected in this way. Now the crew will know about your hundred-dollar MOCs and be ready to blog one. :pir-wink:

My intention is not to be insulting. I have a character flaw of not wording myself properly when I get mad. The thing that made me mad was "drum up some more views". I would like to get more views. That just seems unfair. I think there are quite a few mocs here that deserved to get blogged over cupcakes and paper. The quality of the frontpage has gone down a lot over the past few months. There is a reason for it. There has been a steady decline of mocs. Why? I don't want to be a jerk or argue with anyone. You guys should rethink your strategy. I'm only saying this because I care what happens to classic-pirates. A new discusion topic may be a good place to start. Another thing why are you guys blogging old mocs from a dead site? Why not have a imperial trading post contest here? Then you can blog the members here before they all quit posting here? I hope have worded myself better. I will not reply to this in this topic because I don't want to clutter it with off topic posts. That would be disrespetful.

My intention is not to be insulting. I have a character flaw of not wording myself properly when I get mad.

Perhaps it would be wise if you didn't post while you're mad - you may regret what you've said at a later date.

But yes, I do understand your concern, Classic-Pirates.com should be blogging more MOCs than what's been blogged lately. I'm conducting an investigation to determine why this is.

If you have concerns over how the blog is managed please express them via PM to a Moderator or myself.