Sign in to follow this  
lorax

MOC: A Cautionary Tale

builders_guild.gif

The first little pig is building his house out of straw as his siblings go past, one is off to build his house out of sticks and the other to build her house out of bricks, while a shadowy figure lurks, watching in interest as his stomach grumbles.

I have always been the first little pig, impatient and wanting to get things completed rather than perfected (so I am ultimately the wolf's dinner).

This build is my tribute to being the first little pig.

6337112890_dfcc153dce.jpg

Three little pigs - Lego by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

I am hoping to do a number of fairy tales and stories to connect in a modular kind of way (I think I might do Rapunzel or Hansel and Gretel next).

I really like the straw house. The modified grill tiles work surprisingly well as part of the straw structure and the roof is spot on. Nice, also, that you included the other two pigs in it. I can picture a story book with pictures like this. :thumbup:

This is just great, I love it. The straw house really looks amazing, the trees are great, the scene setup is great.

The only thing that could be better is More Pictures :laugh:

This is brilliant; what a clever idea!

I love the positioning of the wolf in the background. I also like the uneven ground, the different greens for the trees, and the small detail of what the pigs are doing in the scene. Great work. :thumbup:

A very nicely built scene you have there :sweet:. I love your take on the straw house, and nice use of the Fabuland figures :wub:.

Lovely build. I like how you did the straw house. :thumbup: Pig2 has lumber and pig3 has bricks. It also appears that danger lurks in the background. :classic:

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Darkdragon, I might look at getting a few other pictures today.

I have now ordered a few witches, I never realised how many witches (or witch type women)feature in kids stories. Oh and I need little red riding hood, series 7, she will be awesome.

Lovely scene with cute Fabuland piggies. :thumbup:

I agree the straw house looks just that; it's a really nice way of depicting it, and you've included the door and window details. The scene really represents the story, so I'd look forward to seeing more of these. :sweet:

I might look at getting a few other pictures today.

That would be great; I can just about make out the work you've put in on the path the pigs are walking along.

:laugh: I'm surprised nobody has thought of this before! Nice work! I especially like the roof of the house. Nice work.

Thanks again :blush:

Here are a couple more photos.

Pandora, here is more of the path I built into the landscape (and I love the fabuland pigs also, well I just love fabuland in its entirety :laugh:

6337952573_e30d94c7f6.jpg

And this is from the other side

6338705872_1d44b05384.jpg

My girlfriend and I love your MOC !

Very nice details of the straw house.

Any chance to have 3 houses together in a same vignette ?

Looking forward to your fairy tales and stories series ! :sweet:

Very nice work Lorax. I like the landscape and as been said a number of times, the house really comes across as being made of straw. I really like that you've also included the other two pigs and their building materials. I'd love to see you continue the story: just two more houses required. :wink:

It is an adorable MOC.

Where is the wolf? :tongue:

Hiding in the shadows (the back left of the MOC). :classic:

I was going to build the three houses but I couldn't think how to represent the stick house in lego, but I might have a play.

Hiding in the shadows (the back left of the MOC). :classic:

I was going to build the three houses but I couldn't think how to represent the stick house in lego, but I might have a play.

You know I was´nt joking about the wolf, I have´nt see it.

I better pay more attention or make my eyes checked. :laugh:

It would be awesome if you manage to build the three houses, if not, you already have done a great job. :thumbup: