Sign in to follow this  
SirSven7

The Lego Wolfpack Sets 1992-1993

Hello again all

Continuing in my quest to write about every pirate and castle set ever released, I give you all the Wolfpack.

The Lego Wolfpack Sets 1992-1993

Please note for those of you who have read my blog before you might notice a graphics change, opinions on my post and my new design would be most welcome.

I can’t make it better without all your help.

Cheers

Wolfpack have a nicecozy place in my heart. I only had one set(supply wagon) but I still have the minifigs fo totad and use them in my castle Mocs. They were just adorable- A small pack of clumsy robbers.

Thanks for review! It bring back memories!

Your reviews are just amazing! Fun to see som commercial for them. I remember how I wanted them for christmas, but I couldn´t wait that long so I made my own ones! When they arrived on christmas eve it was pure joy! I like the wagon the most. It´s like a medevial sportscar!

Thanks for sharing!

Another cool review. I just wonder why TLG only released 3 sets. Did they somehow run out of ideas mid-theme, or was Wolfpack only intended as a filler theme? Or maybe when someone came up with the Dragon Master concept, TLG liked it so much they threw Wolfpack overboard? I see parallels with Dark Forest, which was also scrapped after three sets to make way for a fantasy-style faction with dragons and a magical character...

Also, does anyone know if the keychain guy is one piece, or can his head/torso/legs be separated?

Thanks for another great blog! I don't like the theme that much but as you showed there are definitely some gems in there. And that commercial was excellent.

I don't like your blog skin change as much, I think the minifigs distract too much from the content.

Looking forward to Dragon Masters. :thumbup:

Thanks again all, its nice to get some feedback

I really love these guys and its a shame they only had three sets (I have no idea why they dropped them :thumbdown: ).

The fig on the keychain cannot be removed from it, however there is an article Here that can show you how :thumbup: .

Not a fan of the new Skin Skipper, I will think on how to tone it down some (maybe make the figs on the side smaller), cheers for the feedback though (its how I learn :classic:)

Lego sets as dustballs in your closet! save them they deserve better :laugh:

I don't own any classic castle sets but I love these guys! Of course I love wolves, so maybe that's why.

Also you mentioned the Bull Knights who tried to succeed the Wolfpack, funnily enough I have never heard of them :tongue:

Good blog post. :thumbup:

Yet another good and interesting read about classic Lego. I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Wolfpack gang. But I loved all of them up to Dragon Masters.

It is weird that they only had the three sets, but like some of the more popular series will only have a few sets for some reason. Maybe at the time it wasn't selling well, so they scrapped it prematurely. I have one copy of each set, but I wouldn't mind getting more, if I were sent back in time. The brown and black look is rather distinguishable (if that is even a word) for these figures. I don't recall other themes borrowing those two to complement each other. I like the Hideout look with the black wall and red roof (a la Black Knights), so very much appreciated they would keep the same appeal.

The keychain version is neat, but I don't really picture them ever having full fledged chain armor. They were bandits and such would rather spend their money on frivolous things like women and mead instead of armor to battle with. They would much rather get in and get out I believe. But neat nonetheless. I recently purchased my first and only Bull Knight. The crest is neat, but I doubt I will do anything more than get that one.

The background is distracting, but at the same time, I like it. It shows the variances in Lego in all its glory. You could tone it down, but keep the same overall feel I think.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading more! Heck, I'll reread the blogs already!

Thanks again veryone

Don't worry about not knowing who the Bull Knights are Nightsshround, I will be reviewing them soon enought (after, dragon masters, lion knights, dark forest and fright Knights).

Cheers for the positive feedback LEGODR its nice to get some opinions like that (know I know everyone thinks like me :sweet: )personally I think the a few of the more prudant bandits might have that type of armour and its a really nice extra torso for any diehard collector as you can remove the pin and sawp the head and helmet (which would be really cool). I have now tonned down the background so I hope you approve.

Smitty I too am lucky enought to have the wolfpack tower, I can't quite see the wolfhead myself but regarless its still a great set. :laugh:

cheers all

ha yeah I get it now

the bridge is the nose and the back is the ears, makes sense, thanks for showing me something I never saw before i a set i've owned for ages.

Cheers

These guys came around just after I entered my dark age, so I never got any of them, but I do like them. I think the current Kingdoms line would be enhanced tremendously by adding some bandit factions like these and developing a storyline to link them.

I liked the old blog background much better. Perhaps create a title bar out of the figures, or a menu bar where they link to the blog posts about that faction. It's just too busy and distracting to have it behind the whole page, IMO.

I recently bought wolfpack tower.

I want to try to build alternative model, that one, that is from the right. If anyone built it - can you send some pictures of it? From both sides or so. Or where to find tips to build this model? e6b464753915.jpg

Edited by Olegbo

Another awesome post, Steve!

Question: you didn't feel like posting or linking sets that bring Wolf People but that belong to other factions?

P.S.: You know what? Only yesterday I was thinking about your blog and wondering when you were going to write a post about the Wolfpack...