Bonaparte

LIBRARY: Pirate Torso/Decal/Sticker Designs

Would be nice to have a gallery of the stickers.

Or to resize them to an appropriate size and to place it beside the text.

A this moment, I download a sticker on my PC and do the resizing manually.

Having these big sized torso's (larger than minifig-sizes) makes it easy to view them and to change some colors (or other details) after download. The disadvantage is that a user needs to have the skill to resize them to minifig size (maybe we need some kind of manual for this?).

For my understanding, would you propose we have an minifig-sized-torso for each torso in the library next to the full sized version? This will bring a lot of work since there are almost 400 torso's...

A this moment, I download a sticker on my PC and do the resizing manually.

Having these big sized torso's (larger than minifig-sizes) makes it easy to view them and to change some colors (or other details) after download. The disadvantage is that a user needs to have the skill to resize them to minifig size (maybe we need some kind of manual for this?).

For my understanding, would you propose we have an minifig-sized-torso for each torso in the library next to the full sized version? This will bring a lot of work since there are almost 400 torso's...

I made a first trial in my previous response.

There I sumarized the decals, hats and legs in a way that it is easy to imagine how the figure will be looking like.

Not if this would be the right place to ask, but what would the right pixel size be for resizeing decals? I mean, counting the little white thing on the edge so it dosn't some out to small.

It nice to see people using the library!

Thanks for these pictures.

There is something wrong with the link to the BS folder.

I think you forgot to paste the url.

Those decal's look great on figs especailly the Guard uniforms.

I've split the library over 2 posts because we seem to have reached a limitation of the board (max of links per post).

Can an admin confirm there is such a maximum?

I've split the library over 2 posts because we seem to have reached a limitation of the board (max of links per post).

Can an admin confirm there is such a maximum?

I don't know about a limit, but I do know we have 552 links in the library.. Wow...

Mr Tiber

Yes I had a similar problem with images.

There seems to be a limit for both.

====

I've added a new customized library index to the minifig generator, which is a direct manipulated copy of the first two entries in the thread.

The idea is to make this an automatic process, which is done once a week. Hope I can manage that ...

Minifig Generator

Andreas

I've added a new customized library index to the minifig generator, which is a direct manipulated copy of the first two entries in the thread.

That's a great idea Andreas.

Doing the update once a month should also be OK.

Let me know when you think the minifig generator is ready to be integrated in Classic Pirates.

Then we can start looking for the best way to do that.

That's a great idea Andreas.

Doing the update once a month should also be OK.

Let me know when you think the minifig generator is ready to be integrated in Classic Pirates.

Then we can start looking for the best way to do that.

I think the 1st version is ready and there are some minor points to check:

(maybe you can take a look on it).

- I've integrated also a preview of the decals in the copy of your Library. Is the load time from your side acceptable, or should I make two versions. One with and one without ...

(I do have a automatic script available for download and manipulation of the index. Maybe when you change the index next you can give me a hint and I will try).

- Is the needed functionality available and are the button descriptions clear ?

(due to the javascript domain concept some buttons make only sense when integrated to a side lying in the same domain as the rest. For example direct access to decals from a discussion thread is only possible when the side/Thread is in the same domain.

But that are javascript security facts ...)

- Is there afterwards a possibility to upload changes from my side?

Andreas

I think the 1st version is ready and there are some minor points to check:

(maybe you can take a look on it).

- I've integrated also a preview of the decals in the copy of your Library. Is the load time from your side acceptable, or should I make two versions. One with and one without ...

On my side, the load time is not a problem. It's very fast.

(I do have a automatic script available for download and manipulation of the index. Maybe when you change the index next you can give me a hint and I will try).

Mr. Tiber is updating the torso-library since a month or so, but that's certainly possible.

- Is the needed functionality available and are the button descriptions clear ?

(due to the javascript domain concept some buttons make only sense when integrated to a side lying in the same domain as the rest. For example direct access to decals from a discussion thread is only possible when the side/Thread is in the same domain.

But that are javascript security facts ...)

The functioniality is certainly ok.

I'm looking at this version of the generator btw: http://members.cheese.at/woody/minifig-gen...nifig-gen3.html

I hope that's the correct one.

Is it possible to make the area of the minifig (the combination image of the torso, head, ...) a bit smaller?

There is a lot of room around the minifig that could be better used to make the middle field (the one with the torso's) a bit wider.

- Is there afterwards a possibility to upload changes from my side?

Andreas

I think that can be arrange, but I'll get Mr. Phes into this discussion since he's owner and creator of classic-pirates.com. I would like to hear his remarks and suggestions on all this and the way forward.

Edited by Bonaparte

I'm looking at this version of the generator btw: http://members.cheese.at/woody/minifig-gen...nifig-gen3.html

I hope that's the correct one.

Is it possible to make the area of the minifig (the combination image of the torso, head, ...) a bit smaller?

There is a lot of room around the minifig that could be better used to make the middle field (the one with the torso's) a bit wider.

I think that can be arrange, but I'll get Mr. Phes into this discussion since he's owner and creator of classic-pirates.com. I would like to hear his remarks and suggestions on all this and the way forward.

Yes, minifig-gen3 is the correct one.

Unfortunatly the room is needed when moving not fitting torsos inside the minifig to a correct position and size.

OK, I can then take over a zip or tar archive.

Andreas

I know I might have been a bit lazy, but these torsos, they look awesome and I was wondering exactly how I would go about in printing them and stcking them to my pirates?

I have no experience whatsoever with custom stickers. :-( And wouldn't have so much as a clue how to do it. Can somebody please tell me? :-)

EDIT : never mind I got it from somebody else, and to the admins, if this post is somehow considered as not belonging here or a stupid question, feel free to delete, my apologies.

Edited by Hairy Ruben

I know I might have been a bit lazy, but these torsos, they look awesome and I was wondering exactly how I would go about in printing them and stcking them to my pirates?

I have no experience whatsoever with custom stickers. :-( And wouldn't have so much as a clue how to do it. Can somebody please tell me? :-)

EDIT : never mind I got it from somebody else, and to the admins, if this post is somehow considered as not belonging here or a stupid question, feel free to delete, my apologies.

This is certainly not a stupid question since nobody seem to have the answer 8-|

Anyway, what you could do is resize one of the torso's (e.g. using paint) with trial and error until it fits a minifig.

Then save this one and make all the rest the same size.

How did you solve the problem?

I asked sir Phred in a PM :-D

Why he provided me with the most economic and simple of solutions. I simply select the torsos I want, put the in a word file and resize them. After which I simply print them out and attach them to my MFs with the use of some gluestick. (is that the correct word for something like Pritt? :-) )

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Why he provided me with the most economic and simple of solutions. I simply select the torsos I want, put the in a word file and resize them. After which I simply print them out and attach them to my MFs with the use of some gluestick. (is that the correct word for someting like Pritt? :-) )

Well, Sir Phred is right.

Pritt is the best to glue a decal to a minifig.

You can remove it later without any damage to the original torso.

H01-002.jpg ON !!!

Why he provided me with the most economic and simple of solutions. I simply select the torsos I want, put the in a word file and resize them. After which I simply print them out and attach them to my MFs with the use of some gluestick. (is that the correct word for something like Pritt? :-) )

I usually do it the same way:

- Putting all the decals I need to a MS Powerpoint side

- giving them the correct size

- printing it on photo paper

-- someone has argued that he uses finest ink quality because that gives the chance that the ink also comes to the deeper layers of the paper which might reduce the white strips on the side of the decal after cutting.

- then I cut a rectangular stripe of decals (4-5 pieces)

- to protect the decals I put a layer of adhesive tape on it (Tixo)

- then i cut the decal completly

- and put it with a uhu stick glue on the minifig

Andreas

-- someone has argued that he uses finest ink quality because that gives the chance that the ink also comes to the deeper layers of the paper which might reduce the white strips on the side of the decal after cutting.

Interesting!

I always go over the edges with one of these after I've cut the decals out:

spectaculo011.jpg

Here's my first custom torso in a long time. If you recall James and the Giant Peach (stop-mo version), there's a scene where the centipede comes across a shipwreck and ends up fighting with a Jack Skellington Pirate. :-D If you have not seen it, here you go: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8CSS7cYSyag

fe_10.JPG

Well, here's a torso decal I made. Not professional, but sufficent.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x222/si...tejack2copy.jpg

And the bicorne decal (really sketchy)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x222/si...atdecalcopy.jpg

I may improve them, but probably not. ;-)

Edited by SirNadroj

This was my first and last attempt at doing a torso (did it about 2 years ago). It's a Pennsylvania Zouave uniform. If anybody wants to improve it, you're welcome to do so.

pennsylvania_zouave_uniform.gif

I used this guy as a basis for designing it.

GZ_1.jpg

I have one I'd like to add:

2516501995_9209c69b23_o.gif

Credit goes to Legofreak & Lamanda2 for the decal and Grakul for the idea.

The other half. :wink:

2539681547_e1e0da609f_o.gif

Credit goes to LegoFreak, Lamanda2 & Roaglaan for the Decals and Grakul for the idea.

FYI:

Britian:

• Red coat soldier1 soldier2 soldier3 soldier4 by TwistedDreams
  • Infantry Officer - Seven Years war

French:

• Carabinier bugler by Mosana

Austria:

• Jaeger (Seven Years' War) by Mosana

Don't work.