Bonaparte

LIBRARY: Pirate Torso/Decal/Sticker Designs

I cant find it, but somewhere when we were discussing torso designs someone mentioned a printer that worked well with the adhesive paper... It was a laser jet, but i cant find the post... Does any one remember this? or does anyone know of a good printer that produces sharp, quality, shiny decals? I am in the market for a new printer and I have wanted to make a custom "green" army using the imperial templates... i just want to make good stickers before i buy a ton of figs.

I cant find it, but somewhere when we were discussing torso designs someone mentioned a printer that worked well with the adhesive paper... It was a laser jet, but i cant find the post... Does any one remember this? or does anyone know of a good printer that produces sharp, quality, shiny decals? I am in the market for a new printer and I have wanted to make a custom "green" army using the imperial templates... i just want to make good stickers before i buy a ton of figs.

A good laser printer will give you a very sharp decal, though be warned the sort im talking about can cost around

Can I have a request done? I was wondering if I could have colors of these striped pirates:

*yellow

*green

*orange

*light blue

If anyone could do that, I would apprecate it! (I don't have the time.)

Can I have a request done? I was wondering if I could have colors of these striped pirates:

*yellow

*green

*orange

*light blue

If anyone could do that, I would apprecate it! (I don't have the time.)

We have many pirate torso's available in the library.

Can I ask why you need these specific colors?

Well, it doesn't matter. It only takes 1 minute to change some colors. Here they are:

sailorgreenwhitetorso.jpgsailorlightbluewhitetorso.jpgsailororangewhitetorso.jpg

The one with yellow lines looks really bad, so I didn't include it.

I don't care if you do all of the colors. But... I would like it if you did!! :-D :-D *sweet* >8-) :)

I don't care if you do all of the colors. But... I would like it if you did!! :-D :-D *sweet* >8-) :)

Are you joking Mr. Tully?

You told us that you didn't have the time to make these torso's yourself, yet you are writing tons of (short) posts. I suggest you start writing less posts and write more meaningful posts. Consider this as good and friendly advise, because once you start pissing of some of the admins ...

damn all this debate on enslaving others to make graphics! lets hear more about printers lol.... I don't know of a place that has color laser jets.... or else i would go sneak a print!

I was hoping someone knew of a cheeper source then paying around 400 american or 200 brit to get a decent printer...

I just remember hearing inkjet just doenst cut it for decals

Well, I've been making a large town with scenes in it from the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride, such as the (Original, un-politicly correct) Chase scence, the Burning city scene, the Well scene, an Auction scene, so I made the important characters (In the different Disney Parks, the backround pirates are different from place to place, but the main characters are the same) for my movie, you know, as 'guest cameos'. So I made the pooped pirate from the Chase Scene, and Auctioneer from (DUH) the Auction scene.

Edit: I did The Auctioneer and Pooped Pirate's heads:

Edit (again): I guess I Forgot the Auctioneer's chain for his necklave in V.1

Edit (Again, Again): I got around to doing the Pooped Pirate's pistols (say that 3 times fast), but nt very well, so expect a redo soon.

TheAuctioeershead.jpg

TheAuctioneer.jpg

TheAuctioneerV.jpg

The Auctioneer

PoopedPirateshead.jpg

PoopedPirate.jpg

The Pooped Pirate V.1 (I'll go back and add his two pistols tucked in his sash later)

PoopedPiratev2.jpg

The Pooped Pirate v2

Thanks for sharing these beautiful designs Mr. Norrington.

They are add to the library!

Hi, this is my first post here :-D

I've just finished the decal for my Napoleon

Demo fig will soon be added

napoleontorsodecal.jpg

Cheers

Gaetano

An impressive first post Gaetano!

I'm very much looking forward to see the demo-fig.

I suggest you post the demo in the Pirate Lego MOCs forum, so it gets the attention it deserves (I will put them both in the torso library).

I have some questions about the decal, but I'll wait till the demo is ready.

Here is a batch of three, just random pirates, I hope you like X-D

piratecollection.jpg

I didn't know you also made decals. These would look great on any pirate ship.

If you post them in a higher resolution, then I'll add them to the library.

I don't actually know how, I made these with Draw Plus 4, and since you have to export your decals as windows Metafile to use them I cannot open them in Draw Plus, I saved them incase this happenned but that's gone and disappeared. I'll try it with Irfanview though, that's how I resize my images aswell.

EDIT: Ok I've found where to change the reslution, it says 150X150 DPI at the moment what should I change it to?

I've found where to change the reslution, it says 150X150 DPI at the moment what should I change it to?

I always try to go for:

dimensions: 360pixels - 300 pixels

resolution: 600dpi - 600dpi

Then you get something like this:

napoleon-torso.jpg

Turns out my the informtation I got was false, I couldn't change the size on that program, but I can on my decal program so I am remaking them. On brighter news, here are some new decals. The resalution is much better and they look much clearer, on the deeplink they look a bit shabby but when the folder is public they look crisp.

piratecollection2.jpg

Thanks for sharing these designs Mr. Pirate Maniac!

I'm sure they will start appearing on some pirate ships in the future.

I'll soon add them to the library.

Two more for you all:

Officer of 95th Rifles

rifles1uf3.png

Trooper of 95th Rifles

rifle2gk5.png

Did you make these Mr. Mosana?

If you did, you should really post them also in the Lego Pirates MOCs forum so everyone can see them and you can get more feedback from the other members. These are (and I'm not exaggerating!!) by the BEST custom torso's I have ever seen! Did you already print them and put them on a minifig? Would it be best to put these on a black torso? If you decide to post them in the MOCs forum, we'd better continue the discussion there.

Would anyone have the exact color model (preferable for Photoshop) for the dark blues? I think i found a bunch of dark blue torsos and i want to stick some uniforms on them, but there are none in the library utilizing dark blue that I can find.

You could always try to find color palletes on Lugnet or Peeron or BrickLink, and then copy the color, open it in PS and use the Copy color tool. :capn: .

You could always try to find color palletes on Lugnet or Peeron or BrickLink, and then copy the color, open it in PS and use the Copy color tool. :capn: .

i couldn't find one with dark blue... but i didn't think about looking at bricklink Ill go browse...

Would be nice to have a gallery of the stickers.

Or to resize them to an apropriate size and to place it beside the text.

AUSTRIAN

bicorne.pngshako.pngshako.png

infantry-officer.pnginfantry.pnginfantry.png Infantry Officer and soldier (german with white and hungarian with blue trousers) by woody64

legs-w.pnglegs-w.pnglegs-b.png

shako3.pngshako3.pngshako.pngbicorne.png

artellery.pngartellery.png Artillery by woody64, supporting crew with grey trousers. Also bicornes and shakos used

legs-w.pnglegs-g.png

helmet2.png

cuirassier.png Cuirassier by woody64

legs-w.png

hensel.png Hptm. Hensel by woody64

legs-w.png

bicorne.pngshako2.pngshako2.png

landwehr-carinthia-o.pnglandwehr-carinthia-uo.pnglandwehr-carinthia-g.pngLandwehr Carinthia Officer, non comissioned Officer and soldier by woody64

legs-g.png

bicorne.pngbicorne.pngshako3.png

landwehr-salzburg-o.pnglandwehr-salzburg-uo.pnglandwehr-salzburg-g.png Landwehr Salzburg Officer, non comissioned officer and soldier by woody64

legs-g.png

shakou.png

austrianulan.jpg Ulan by woody64

legs-g.png

shako.png

austrianhusar.jpg Hussar with demo by woody64

legs-b.png

helmet2.png Lego black firemen helmet, neck protection rasped a little bit, rope of fimo or sculpty

shako3.png Lego black top hat, one side rasped a little bit, piece of paper painted black for the flap