bootz

My town, New Legoredo

indexed.gif Layout

I got my Pet Shop in the mail yesterday and my girlfriend and I just finished building it tonight. With my car dealership, "Bolt", the reconstruction of Legoredo begins. I'm getting Fire Brigade for Christmas and I'll get the Grand Emporium after i take care of her Christmas presents lol.

IMAG0412-1.jpg

IMAG0413-1.jpg

IMAG0415-1.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C is welcome as always. I know I have a long way to go yet, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Update 3/4/12:

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

Update 5/1/12

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0684.jpg

Update 11/24/12

IMAG1110.jpg

IMAG1133.jpg

IMAG1116.jpg

12/25/12

IMAG1196.jpg

1/4/13

IMAG1208.jpg

1/30/13

IMAG1271.jpg

3/31/13

20130331_000105.jpg

Edited by bootz

Update: I got my Fire brigade and my wonderful girlfriend got me the Grand Emporium. I still have a ways to go until I'm satisfied with my town, but for now I think it looks really good. This will form the main square in my town. I'm hoping the next Modular is a Town Hall.

On the opposite side of the street is my WIP Bank and an attempt at a house. Neither are really photo worthy yet, but if you want to see them just ask.

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

I made a slight change outside GE. The popcorn stand was a staple of Old Legoredo and I thought this was a perfect place in New Legoredo. :laugh:

Thanks for looking.

I like it - it looks really good. Can't wait to the see the house; have you considered integrating it into a shop below, houses on top?

indexed.gif Layout

IMAG0552.jpg

I wanted to get some opinions on whether or not I should move the Pet Shop to the right side of FB. I asked my girlfriend, but she doesn't exactly care.

Under construction are the bank still and I've started on rebuilding my house to make it a 3 story building with an elevator and a shop on the first floor.

I say try it 'bootz' and see how it looks...are you going to get the town hall when released ? :classic:

You need a billboard hanging off the side of a multistorey building along side your dealership advertising a model of a Bolt. :wink:

There's a challenge for you 'bootz'.....Brick On while on your treadmill (I saw it in the background :laugh: ) ! :wink:

Nice city you got there! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the layout with the Fire Brigade on one side of the Grand Emporium and the PetShop on the other! The city is crowded with vehicles -- it must be due to that nice Bolt car dealership!

You have a great start there. You should look into the Creator houses, I think there's 2 available right now?

Hi Bootz - you don't know me but every now and then, I hop aboard a train out of the Train Tech forum to do some business "in Town".

In doing so, I couldn't help to immediately be drawn to this town based on the name.

It's a nice town, but there's one really big flaw that I just had to point out. Can't put my finger on it though...

Let me see... what could it be...

Ahh, yes. I see it now. It's the sign! That belongs in a Western Town (my kinda Town). :laugh:

Seriously, despite the obvious absence of a fort, gold mine, and pokey, I like New Legoredo. It's really nice to see the Grand Emporium on the corner as it was intended. And on a side note; coming from an "old fart", I want to give you a bit of advice. Stick with that girlfriend of yours. Any woman that goes out and buys you a LEGO Modular is one special lady - and you could tell her I said that. :wink:

Carry on.

I really need a larger table to work with and more road plates, but with the space I have now, I could move everything onto one road so my siblings could put their buildings on the opposite side of the street. I'd really love to continue the road off to he left and make a wooded area and have the new forrest police and miner sets out there. I have the vision in my head, its just expensive.

@ LT, Yup I'm planning on getting the TH. Most likely for, or after, my birthday in March. I'm thinking ill put that next to the FB, but I'm not sure if I want it between it and the GE or on the other side with the PS on the right and then all my own modulars next to that when they're completed. And good call on the billboard. I was thinking of doing on GE style but I like your idea too, or something printed.

@ JackJonesPaw, I'll try and snap some pics of it later, I still have to complete the second floor and sidewalk, but the first floor is complete.

@ Artifex, I much prefer building cars than buildings! I originally wanted it to be residential buildings on the PS block and commercial buildings on the FB block, but for the time being I may move them all to one block.

@ TheBrickster, here's a little backstory on the name. Growing up, my bestfriend and I were very into Lego. Around 2005ish or so, we began to put a town together. It started small but eventually grew to take up most of his basement. I also had my own small town at my own house. We eventually combined the two in his basement and along with his brother's town, Legoredo was born. Mine was West Legoredo, his was East and his brother's was South. Then as the years progressed and we got older, we drifted apart a bit and both went into our lego dark ages. When I found this site, it rekindled my love for lego and my desire to have a town, so I set about rebuilding Legoredo. It wouldn't feel right if I called it anything but Legoredo.

And as for the origin of the name itself, that sign and name just seemed natural for our original town and the wild nature of it. I loved the western sets when I was younger and I still do, but the only one I ever had was the General Store and Bank. I actually rebuilt the general store but don't have room on the table for it and my modular bank uses the door, windows, and clerk from the western bank.

And yes, I know she is a keeper. :laugh:

@ Lego 12V, thank you! I tried to do a bit of landscaping along the side to make it somewhat interesting and to show that there will eventually be woods there. I cent take credit for the segway, as I got the idea from a user here, though I cent remember who it was.

Edited by bootz

Hey that's awesome! But I've always worried about dust when you leave those buildings in the open. Don't you get those problems too?

Hey that's awesome! But I've always worried about dust when you leave those buildings in the open. Don't you get those problems too?

The star wars sets on the shelves in my room are dusty but I haven't really had an issue with the town getting dusty. I've had the PS and Bolt there for a while now and they still seem clean. Funny story though, I guess it was a little over half a decade ago that my grandma got me a big Creator helicopter for Christmas. I built it, but its far too big for any town layout so I put it up on top of my bookcase and have only taken it down a handful of times since. I'd forgotten I had it until I happened to notice it yesterday and it's totally coveted in dust. I'll have to hook up a blower to my air compressor to clean it off.

The star wars sets on the shelves in my room are dusty but I haven't really had an issue with the town getting dusty. I've had the PS and Bolt there for a while now and they still seem clean. Funny story though, I guess it was a little over half a decade ago that my grandma got me a big Creator helicopter for Christmas. I built it, but its far too big for any town layout so I put it up on top of my bookcase and have only taken it down a handful of times since. I'd forgotten I had it until I happened to notice it yesterday and it's totally coveted in dust. I'll have to hook up a blower to my air compressor to clean it off.

I've ended up doing similar with my 8258 Technic truck. I'm not really interested in Technic (my LEGO must have minifigs!) but I got this for Xmas one year. I built it, played with it for five mins and then stuck it on a shelf. It's stayed there ever since. Partly because it looks smart up there and partly because I can't bring myself to disassemble it!

I'd hate to think how dusty it is if I got it down... :blush:

Cheers

Rog

So I moved it around and I'm happier with the way it looks than I thought I would be.

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

here's the unfinished Bank of Legoredo

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0559.jpg

And the bar/apartment that is next to it, there you can see the elevator car.

IMAG0561.jpg

IMAG0560.jpg

You meet the nicest people on a Tauntaun

IMAG0562.jpg

The mayor and his most trusted councilman.

IMAG0563.jpg

And this shot was for rriggs

IMAG0564.jpg

Not bad updates 'bootz', a suggestion for the bank - if you are going to use these window pieces choose an old building design with just some modern signage or lighting attached to it. :wink:

Anyway, keep going 'bootz' and Brick On ! :classic:

Update: got bored with the bank so I decided to repurpose the pieces for my dealership. I still need tiles for the sidewalk, but the interior is mostly tiled now. No pic of that however, my phone died as I was taking pics. If I had more of the grey/trans light blue 1x4x6 windows I might make it even longer.

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

Edited by bootz

Looking better everytime 'bootz', but you still need a bank....people need to borrow money to buy Bolt's right ? :wink:

Also I didn't realise the Stig was visiting your town ? :laugh:

Keep going and Brick On 'bootz' ! :classic:

Looking better everytime 'bootz', but you still need a bank....people need to borrow money to buy Bolt's right ? :wink:

Also I didn't realise the Stig was visiting your town ? :laugh:

Keep going and Brick On 'bootz' ! :classic:

Bolt acquired a Stig for test driving during development of the Python sports car. :wink:

I was left with more white pieces than I thought I would be so I think I might do a "mini-modular"(stackable?) Bank. I loved the red bank sign so I kept it intact and set it aside. The cramped interior of the original Bolt was driving me crazy. I also added the blue line wrapping around the top.

New Legorado looks great. I hope you will keep informing us with updates. I like to see the bank growing. (love the Guards in front, does the bank holds the British crown jewels?)

I have seen a white 4-studs wide car in several shots. I am a great fan of 4-studs wide vehicles. Would it be posible to take a picture of that car and publish it here? I would like to copy it.

Edited by The Dutch Guy

Certainly! Here's a thread with all my town vehicles. My link

If you would like additional pics I'd be glad to take some.

Edited by bootz