Sign in to follow this  
Fonzy

MOC: Teylingen Castle

Greetings to you all.

I'd like to share with you my second castle-MOC, a replica of Teylingen (in the Netherlands), which nowadays is a ruin. I wanted to create it how it once could have looked. For those of you who are interested in the real thing have a look here: Teylingen

If you visit the ruin you can see a maquette how the main building once probably looked.

6328307557_dbf122793c_b.jpg

Some pictures of the outside:

6329060404_c3aece2352_b.jpg

6329060718_179a53c411_b.jpg

6329060114_bd730983c8_b.jpg

6329062082_7ce4c10d8c_b.jpg

6329061802_3177971fdb_b.jpg

6329061860_b8a33524cf_b.jpg

6329060248_f361c2010f_b.jpg

The trickiest part was the curved roof, here is my final solution:

6328306493_878c40901f_b.jpg

6329061548_ef6b605219_b.jpg

Since I like to create a total picture, I also created some scenes inside.

Inside the gatehouse:

6329059898_c23dd85dbe_b.jpg

6328306363_997d558c17_b.jpg

Inside the main building (starting at the top and going down):

6328306281_306cc7e66b_b.jpg

6329061122_45c8a6615f_b.jpg

6329061190_61f7cb35a8_b.jpg

6328307347_434cbd2c3d_b.jpg

All photo's and a few extra can also be seen at Flickr

Thanks for watching and all comments/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Fonzy

Thanks for sharing this magnific creation!

I'll move it to the LEGO Historic Themes Forum, where it belongs. :wink:

What an outstanding creation Fonzy, I really like it. :thumbup:

It looks really like the replica, well done for that, although the colors are different it looks really great.

I should really visit the ruin some time in the future.

the Inventor

WOW! This is awesome!!! The roof is very clever!! I like the dark blue colour of it too! Nice to see some interior as well!!

This is beyond amazing. The size and grandeur of that tower. The amount of detail, inside and out. From the beautiful courtyard to the interiors. Any idea how much it weighs?

Edited by Legocrazy81

What a great build this is! Very impressive and strong looking castle. I like how you have tackled the curving roof, it works very well and makes this castle really stand out. The interior is great and really looks large and spacious. A damn fine castle!

This is an amazing build truly amazing. In my dreams I see Lego castles like this. Impressive. I love the larder it looks bountiful and something I havnt seen in a lot of other creations.

I :wub: this castle....especially the interior and that dark blue or regal looking blue roof with very clever tricks to allow it to go round the curved walls - a huge :thumbup: 'Fonzy'. :classic:

Such detail in that dining hall and kitchen :thumbup: again.

Just AWESOME work 'Fonzy' and Brick On ! :classic:

Incredible creation Fonzy! :wub: The angle work, the exterior and overall architecture are enough to impress, but the fact you managed to include your awesome interiors pleasantly shocked me! :grin: Truly a masterpiece, I cannot wait to see more from you! :thumbup:

Coincidentally, I wonder if you've considered signing up for the community build? You style of building will be quite an asset any of the four Guilds. Please consider it, I'm sure we can find way to challenge you mighty building skills. :wink:

This is just incredible! From the outside you have captured the source material almost to perfection and the attention to detail is very impressive. I really like the design of the keep and your creative solution to the curved ceiling. Your interior is no less impressive and the dining hall particularly stands out. Overall, brilliant work Fonzy.

Love it! Interesting shape for a castle, it doesn't really make sense to me realistically but your build is spectacular. As others have said the roof (and overall curving) technique is great but my favorite part is the interior.

I like the kitchen most, it just looks like it could be in a castle. I also like the huge fireplaces and the simple cheese slope motif on the walls, it looks great. Those minifigs are lucky to live in there. :wub:

Very well done! I really enjoy seeing uniquely shaped Lego castles. You have done an excellent job with this creation! :classic:

Awesome. Just simply awesome. I really like all of the detail that you put into it like the stables, barracks and especially the dining hall. That fireplace looks so cool. Really great castle.

fantastic! unusual shape of the building is really catching the eye ;)

/standing ovation!

Absolutely fantastic. The build is great, but I'm utterly impressed at how you built it off that model. Amazing.

Great way to make an entrance in EB!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for all your comments. I'm glad you like what took me almost a year to build (I kept running out of bricks).

This is beyond amazing. The size and grandeur of that tower. The amount of detail, inside and out. From the beautiful courtyard to the interiors. Any idea how much it weighs?

I have no clue what the weight is. And besides the floors of the main tower and the gatehouse it is not modular, so putting it on a the scales is no option.

Just as everyone else has said, the curving technique used on the castle and the surrounding walls are just :drool:

The interior of the castle also looks terrific, certainly adds a sense of life to the MOC. :thumbup:

Overall a fantastic piece ...... which I couldn't dream of building !!! ha ha :laugh:

Great work 'Fonzy'

Edited by The Batman

WOW... I realy like this. I live 10 km from ruine Teylingen, and so I've been there.

I think it's even better than the maquette.

Realy well done!!!

Wow, this is probably one of the most biggest and most detailed minifig scale moc. You did a great job on it, it looks like an art masterpiece, don't stop building!