Sign in to follow this  
Keromar

Recreating Castle catalog dioramas

Hi, I have been scanning the forum for quite some time, just registered. I am looking for photo's of self-created Castle diorama's that are inspired on the scenes/displays that we can see in older catalogs (80s). I did not manage to find any yet.

I am intrigued by the landscape of yellow sky and yellow grounds with sparse trees like this diorama:

forestmen attack

Any of you who tried to recreate those landscapes, or is dreaming of doing so? :-)

Kind regards

Keromar

I always loved seeing those diaramas. It made me like the sets that much more. But It would be really difficult to remake them just for the price of the figures alone!

But It would be really difficult to remake them just for the price of the figures alone!

I think the trees would be more expensive than the figures. The cheapest cypress tree on BL is $12.00.

wow, I had no idea. I never look at the trees on bricklink since I have so many from the original sets. But that is crazy indeed! So combine the price of the figures and the trees and it would be really ridiculous.

I have always loved Legos dioramas. Although it would be expensive if your modeling skills are good for the rest of the landscape and you have the pocket books big enough I would certainly give it a try.

P.S. 500th Post. :sweet:

Edited by Jack Bricker

I loved these dioramas, too. As a kid, it never actually dawned on me that I might possibly want multiples of the same set in order to build up armies. I'd always want new sets I didn't have, but I did love the scenes of the forestmen attacking castles, no matter how ridiculous it seems to me now.

As a child I used to put these little inserts up on my wall. I would dream of the battle being waged. Very insipiring if someone built it I have only like 10 forest men. but I do own most of the other stuff in the pic.

fhomess

Looking back I was stupid for not buying multiples of the same set, but I agree, it just never dawned on me to do such a thing. I was looking through some of my old catalogs (yes, I still have every single catalog from 20 years ago) and they actually had battle packs back in the day of 6 figures, with weapons and shields for $6.50... If you can believe that price. I only had one, but I would have asked my mom for dozens for Christmas.