Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

My round three build is coming along. So who are all the Avalonians that are building for round three? We should pm each other our wip pic's for feedback and idea's. We are a team, right?

Yes we are! I certainly don't mind giving an opinion if you are stuck on something. That goes for anyone in our guild, if you want some feedback from me specifically, you can ALWAYS PM me. I am pretty good at getting back to people.

I know some people don't want to taint their "wow" moment so if you don't want feedback from everyone, and want to keep the build out of the lime light until it is ready, you can always PM with some advice on just a certain aspect. I know I have both asked for advice and given advice that way and I think it has worked out well. Keep in mind your PM space is limited, so don't abuse it by PMing 15 people with the same question.

Not a bad idea, Captain Beerbeard. Though I think that posting in this thread would be more effective as also the guys that don't build for challenge 3 would have the chance to comment..

If you want general feedback, Rolli is right- place your stuff here. Like I said above, PM space is limited and adjusts according to your rank, so don't abuse it! If there is a particular thing you are working on, then I would certainly say you are seeking advice on that aspect for more direction.

(I know that it's recommended to join other guilds, so I asked in the questions thread first if it would be ok to join Avalonia.)

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

I don't expect any of you to know me, so may I introduce myself:

7068090815_a824a4ede4.jpg

My Name is Tifag of the High River and I am an Elf. I have spent my childhood in the forests and I am a passionate hunter. No animal moves faster through the forest than I do. I am also an adventurer and I have searched places most people would not even dare to spend a second at. And I have found treasures, the most exciting being my golden Katana, for which I am known as the Carrier of the Dragon Katana. I am here to proclaim my fullest cooperation in any fights for the guild. I have gathered men around me. They say Elves are great warriors and I have some of the best warriors the Elves have to offer:

7068091967_483f84033e.jpg

The big guy in the middle on the horse (he is slightly inspired by our mild ruler Artorious Rex) is the captain of my army. No matter if you are searching for crossbows to win a siege or if you are searching for pikemen to turn down enemy's horses or if you want heavy shielded warriors, my men will gladly assist you in your noble fights for the freedom of the guild.

6922008002_bd5a3b7c0f.jpg

(Whatever you do please don't enlarge this pic, the quality is really terrible. Please expect better pics in the future, I just wanted to get this done today.)

This is me in my ceremonial outfit: (Watch my fancy shoes!!!)

6922007404_0cccb8ecaa.jpg

Welcome Tifag. Browse the first page of the Guild to learn a little about the title challenges or head over to the Albion thread and check out what we have cooking there. Nice to have some more Elves in our ranks!

Greeting Tifag,

It is always a blessing when more Elves join the ranks of Avalonia. I am eager to hear from whence you hail. I look forward to seeing what your Elves have built in fair Avalonia.

Bump. So does this MOC qualify for the Prince of the Forest title?

That MOC should qualify you for Prince of the Forest, but it often takes a while do have it updated on the first page as the guild leaders can't be on here every day (and Derfel has been on vacation), and often have more pressing issues to address (Challenge 3, GoH Survey, etc.) I can't think of a title build that Derfel didn't accept, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

I'm sure your title will be updated soon.

That MOC should qualify you for Prince of the Forest, but it often takes a while do have it updated on the first page as the guild leaders can't be on here every day (and Derfel has been on vacation), and often have more pressing issues to address (Challenge 3, GoH Survey, etc.) I can't think of a title build that Derfel didn't accept, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

I'm sure your title will be updated soon.

Good call rogue! I also submitted a prince of the forest entry that hasn't been updated yet. DC has a lot on his plate, but he always eventually gets to them. As far as I am aware, DC accepts all title challenge entries, but I would try to not just complete the tasks but I would try to make them interesting as well. I would use the title challenges as a way to boost your skills. Try something new with each one. Earning "bonus" titles for doing something cool and unexpected is even better than earning a "basic" title!

I got the "inventor of the spy glass" for adding a spyglass to my watchtower entry and the "commander of the capital" title for monitoring/making the Albion thread.

Anyone want to see what I am working on for challenge 3? it is a bit of a mess right now- but I have a decent chunk of it done!

Anyone want to see what I am working on for challenge 3? it is a bit of a mess right now- but I have a decent chunk of it done!

Me me me!!! :wink::classic:

Wow that is great. :thumbup:

Edit: I love Deadpool. :tongue:

Edited by Niku

Edit: I love Deadpool. :tongue:

He won't actually be in the final product, but like you said- I love him too, he is soo rad!

Wow Z! It´s incredible!! Love the floor! The outside of the shrine/temple/crypt is also so very nice! Great job Z!

Good call rogue! I also submitted a prince of the forest entry that hasn't been updated yet. DC has a lot on his plate, but he always eventually gets to them. As far as I am aware, DC accepts all title challenge entries, but I would try to not just complete the tasks but I would try to make them interesting as well. I would use the title challenges as a way to boost your skills. Try something new with each one. Earning "bonus" titles for doing something cool and unexpected is even better than earning a "basic" title!

I got the "inventor of the spy glass" for adding a spyglass to my watchtower entry and the "commander of the capital" title for monitoring/making the Albion thread.

Sorry for the flood. I get your point ZCerberus. I will take your advice for the next title entry. I plan to build something very unique for the Siege Expert title. I already know what it is going to be. Now I need to go back to BrickLink... :laugh:

As it stands now. Still lots of work to be done!!

Wow! I love this.

Edited by Tazmaniac
Please don't quote pictures

Sorry for the flood. I get your point ZCerberus. I will take your advice for the next title entry. I plan to build something very unique for the Siege Expert title. I already know what it is going to be. Now I need to go back to BrickLink... :laugh:

It's cool! You're new, just letting you know that DC doesn't update the first post everyday. He will get to it. I guess I just view the title challenges as a way to expand your skills, not just get the title. Glad to hear you are accepting that as a challenge. Look forward to seeing your seige work!

there will be a lot of cheese slopes flors and windows in chllng 3 ;) I love it :)

Attention Guild members!

Due to the scale and complexity of Challenge 3, and the great number of builders who need more time to finish their entrees, we are officially extending the deadline for Challenge 3 by 2 weeks.

This is a one-time only extension that we give because we want to see everyone at their best.

If you have already submitted, take this as an opportunity to refine your design, or focus on free builds instead; the choice is yours!

The new deadline is now May 12th 2012.

Thank you for your hard work!

-The Guild Leaders

S-o-T, you are our savior!

Zcerberus Looks great!

mephistopheles Interesting siege weapon you have there :thumbup:

Phew¡I was starting to feeling the pressure. :tongue: