Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I got some free build's on the way shortly. I'm trying to nail a fantasy/ Disney/ storybook/fairy tale kind of style. I think I might have come up with a new roof technique. I hope to get it uploaded tonight.

Can't wait to see your roof technique!

I hope I will be a useful and productive member for the guild. I am planing to make another little scene for Lord High Executioner title soon and will try to build MOC's for each in-guild title.

All this time I thought we were losing.

Heehee- though it shouldn't be all about winning and losing- for the moment, we are ahead. I think DC always knew where we stood, he was just letting the other guilds have their moment in the sun!

Hell yeah! :thumbup:

I see what you mean by "When I build a moc, I try to build the moc in a special way. I never build anything even, like a square castle that looks the same from each angle. I will always build something that will look like it 'flows somewhere' in the photo. So if i build a castle, I will build it up gradually from the front leading up to the back which will be the highest point. This works well for photographing and you can get a really epic picture when you take a 'mini-fig' perspective pic, as the castle will look like its progressing up into the distance."

This is simply stunning.

Great to see Avalonia in top! :classic: Great work everyone! Avalonia, Albion and our own counties are surely growing!!

mephistopheles: That little moc is very nice! Good posing and well done with the heads, they fits perfect for that moc!

DC: That moc is just insane! Can´t wait to read the backstory and some more pics! Have to go to Flickr now! :wink:

Derfel - that is simply amazing. I look forward to seeing all the details.

Beerbeard - I look forward to seeing your Disney style.

Meph - I like the Executioner build. Very good MOC with only a few pieces!

@Avalonia: Sorry to saturate, but you'll see a LOT more free builds (from I'm sure not just me, but everyone) from now on, so just be ready to take the top! Congrats to everyone!

@Derfel: I'll PM you. There's a few things I think we need to discuss surrounding the fallout of the latest challenge.

@Mephistopheles: A welcomed addition to the ranks! Talk to me about your province and where it lies.

@Beerbeard: Avalonian Thugs Fo' Life, yo! lol

@deGothia, MikeyB, ZCerberus, rogueang: Antyria has something we all need. Interested in sharing information?

Meph - I like the Executioner build. Very good MOC with only a few pieces!

Thanks to all of you guys!

@rogueang: You nailed it with the few pieces. Whenever I build something I either have to sacrifice an earlier build or have to figure out how I make it with the remaining few parts I have. Hopefully this will change soon, since I am continuously stocking up on parts via Bricklink and PAB. Until then I will have to keep my MOC's small.

Edited by mephistopheles

Aw my god. :wub: :wub:

That is probably the best I've seen this year! :thumbup:

I can't wait to gaze upon all the details and sculpturing!

Brilliant, simply brilliant!

The Avalonia Trading Company has revised the building plans for the Trading Hall in Albion.

The front will look like this:

Link

I will add myself to all that many, this last build Derfel has surpassed your previous one stand works, there is so much to see. :classic:

To be truthfully honest, this moc has been an on and off build for a while as I never really knew where I was going with it. I miscalculated the base and realized I did not give myself enough room to build the second tower, so I'm not entirely happy with it in that respect. However, I'm sort of achieving the look I was going for, so my next moc shall hopefully have all the ideas that I wanted in this one. I imagined a place in the Mystical Isles that is dark and gloomy and has a huge dark forest. It's the home of the black knight, a mysterious warrior who haunts Avalonia's roads at night. It will allow me to build up a neat backstory around this character and reveal a few surprises. More about that when I finally post this moc tomorrow.

To those of you who have PM'd me, I havn't forgotten you, I have just been pressed for time as I'm getting ready to go on holiday for a week. I will try to get to all of you tomorrow.

@Blackmoor, great to hear your planning a new build, your previous works for our guild have been some really stunning mocs. Your sawmill is still one of my favs!

To those of you who have PM'd me, I havn't forgotten you, I have just been pressed for time as I'm getting ready to go on holiday for a week. I will try to get to all of you tomorrow.

No need to apologize! I think we are mainly all grown ups here with a lot of stuff going on in real life.

I finshed my moc that I hoped to have up the other day. I'll probably get banned before I can post it. Hinckley has his hammer on me for some reason.

One more post like this and I'm afraid we have to talk.

This is already the third time I see you posting with this attitude in this thread, and we don't like it!

Please keep this in mind.

I feel really disconnected from the group, no thanks to the fact that it's assessment week at school.

Quick question guys. I noticed in the Albion thread that next to no one has Reserved land for houses. Have I missed something? If not, is it okay if I take lot 70 for a house?

I feel really disconnected from the group, no thanks to the fact that it's assessment week at school.

Quick question guys. I noticed in the Albion thread that next to no one has Reserved land for houses. Have I missed something? If not, is it okay if I take lot 70 for a house?

I would think that would be okay but I would post in that thread as well to make sure. Albion has been pretty dormant lately and any build to get it going would be welcomed in my opinion.

Mikey

I would think that would be okay but I would post in that thread as well to make sure. Albion has been pretty dormant lately and any build to get it going would be welcomed in my opinion.

Good call. We need to get more builds in the capital! After challenge 3 I hope to get a few builds done for Albion.

Hinckley has his hammer on me for some reason.

Hinck does havea hammer and he ain't afraid to use it. He is tough, but fair. You'll be fine so long as you try not to say things just to incite discontent. I think you know what's up. I would just try to not post when you are feeling upset and everything will be okay.

Good call. We need to get more builds in the capital! After challenge 3 I hope to get a few builds done for Albion.

No need, I think you guys have enough builds allready. So why not take a brake :tongue:

@ DC, That looks really great. Also nice to see how you've build in hights!

No need, I think you guys have enough builds allready. So why not take a brake :tongue:

Haha. Guild envy? :blush:

You've been such a great builder my biblical friend that I can only imagine how many more awesome builds we would have if you joined the green... and ah... dark green... side!

Haha. Guild envy? :blush:

You've been such a great builder my biblical friend that I can only imagine how many more awesome builds we would have if you joined the green... and ah... dark green... side!

A natural touch of guild admiration :wink:

No, thanks for the offer. I will stay at the green and ofcourse yellow side!

A natural touch of guild admiration :wink:

No, thanks for the offer. I will stay at the green and ofcourse yellow side!

Fair enough.