Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I word of advice to those choosing to build various scenes for challenge 3. Don't go to over the top on different builds as the main scene should be the temple/tomb or whatever you choose where the crystal rests and its guardian. This is the main scene of what the challenge is about, so remember that. If you are building different scenes, remember to post them all in ONE thread, as they will be judged as one and voted for as one.

I am building my Challange 3 build, but other than that I won't be very active on eurobricks for a while. this is due to the MOCAlthon and my need to take part. I will hopefully be able to post the next part of the (long over due) comic.

I am building for challenge 3 (im a mitgardian guildie btw) but so it doesn't matter how big the story or the different mocs are, only the tomb/crypt/etc will be judged? I think someone could have said that earlier, cause I've already built two scenes and haven't even started building the place where the crystal is placed. I thought it was the idea to tell a story about the epic quest and that the entire story with the included mocs was judged as one to show of creativity and the way of implementation of mocs in your quest.

I am building for challenge 3 (im a mitgardian guildie btw) but so it doesn't matter how big the story or the different mocs are, only the tomb/crypt/etc will be judged? I think someone could have said that earlier, cause I've already built two scenes and haven't even started building the place where the crystal is placed. I thought it was the idea to tell a story about the epic quest and that the entire story with the included mocs was judged as one to show of creativity and the way of implementation of mocs in your quest.

It can be, my point is that the crystal part is the main part, so I was saying that you should all make that part the most stand out part. The challenge description stated that you need to build a scene depicting the crystal being discovered in a hidden place guarded by something. Some people are choosing to do it by way of a few different scenes which is fine, just remember that the most important scene is the place where the crystal is hidden and it's guardian. :classic:

I'm just advising people not to spend weeks on a house where their adventurer lives and then spend only a couple of hours on the crystal scene.

A good starting WIP. A few suggestion if I may... I would flip the door hinge so it is on the inside of the build. The color scheme up top seems a little dark. It may just be the lighting though. I can't tell if it is dark brown and dark red, or dark brown and reddish brown.

The aim of this house was to look dark and gloomy, but perhaps I did make too dark. it is dark and reddish brown, on the other pics it is shown much more clear.

derfel oh allright, I see what you mean now. I'll use my best parts on the main scene than!

Legonardo Nice building! I like the use of old and new gray bricks on the wall (was it intentionally?) and it does have a nice dark feel to it, a little like derfels grim hollow. But I would also suggest, like zc, to place the hinge of the door at the inside of the building.

Looks very cool beerbeard! But shouldn't it be heavenly in your title? Or is it a name you invented yourself?

Just a sneak peak for you all. :classic:

0aheavenlywarrior0_copy.jpg

I know she is stunning.

Dang, you beat me to it Captain Beer Beard. :laugh:

Those torsos and legs make the perfect "female knight". I just got my first set saturday and made up a couple characters on with the gold and one with the gray but wasn't able to take a pic yet. I'll try tp post here later and show you my versions.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Looks very cool beerbeard! But shouldn't it be heavenly in your title? Or is it a name you invented yourself?

[/quote

I spelled it wrong. :tongue: I mean, I invented it!

Dang, you beat me to it Captain Beer Beard. :laugh:

Those torsos and legs make the perfect "female knight". I just got my first set saturday and made up a couple characters on with the gold and one with the gray but wasn't able to take a pic yet. I'll try tp post here later and show you my versions.

In what set you can find them?

@Beerbeard: indeed really stunning!

Let me know what you think about using this head for an orc? I think it fit's really good. :classic:

I have them in my collection too, but I named them Trolls because we already got some official Orcs (that Lego called trolls...). I´m just waiting to add the LOTR Orcs and goblins to my Horde...

Instead of armor I added those PoP spiked shoulders on them.

I have them in my collection too, but I named them Trolls because we already got some official Orcs (that Lego called trolls...). I´m just waiting to add the LOTR Orcs and goblins to my Horde...

Well, since we're going to get orcs, goblins, and trolls this summer from the LOTR theme, perhaps we should name these something different. Like ogres? Or hobgoblins? Bugbears? Or make a name up?

Edited by NiceMarmot

Well, since we're going to get orcs, goblins, and trolls this summer from the LOTR theme, perhaps we should name these something different. Like ogres? Or hobgoblins? Bugbears? Or make a name up?

I'm down with a made up name. They can have multiple names depending where they're from?

Here is a teaser for my next moc. It will be much bigger than what you see here. I'm just getting a feel for the scene.

1tease1_copy.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Sorry to intrude on another lands forums, but I have been wondering about that problem as well. From Lego we have Small trolls and large trolls and now we will get LOTR ocs and trolls. Plus Harry potter trolls, goblins and house elves. And the star wars aliens that people use as orcs, lizard men and goblins....it's confusing.

Perhaps the Orcs, Goblins and trolls of Historica are all just one race with a lot of subspecies variety, like dogs. But the names refer more to tribes than parentage. So a troll tribe could have as much or as little variety as you like.

Sorry to intrude on another lands forums, but I have been wondering about that problem as well. From Lego we have Small trolls and large trolls and now we will get LOTR ocs and trolls. Plus Harry potter trolls, goblins and house elves. And the star wars aliens that people use as orcs, lizard men and goblins....it's confusing.

Perhaps the Orcs, Goblins and trolls of Historica are all just one race with a lot of subspecies variety, like dogs. But the names refer more to tribes than parentage. So a troll tribe could have as much or as little variety as you like.

I can agree with that. The dog analogy is great! :thumbup:

I´m sorry but I can´t see how this whole troll/ogre/orc thing is a problem? It´s lego, not science :wink: If someone would like to name their orcs troll I think that´s fine! But perhaps it´s me that is just old :laugh::wink:

I´m sorry but I can´t see how this whole troll/ogre/orc thing is a problem? It´s lego, not science :wink: If someone would like to name their orcs troll I think that´s fine! But perhaps it´s me that is just old :laugh::wink:

I think you have the right answer. Why make things so complicated? :classic:

I was wondering if anyone want's to join the Avalonian Assassin Guild? I don't have part's to make everyone but that dosen't mean we can't work something out. :wink: The time of "red rain" is coming...PM me if your interested. :classic:

I will gladly join if you are willing to accept me.

=Legonardo=

I was wondering if anyone want's to join the Avalonian Assassin Guild? I don't have part's to make everyone but that dosen't mean we can't work something out. :wink: The time of "red rain" is coming...PM me if your interested. :classic:

a sudden turn of event (standing in for a couple months as an emergency babysitter for a friend with a four month old) has left me little to no time to build :( well at least until I figure this whole baby thing out again (my youngest is ten now so its been a few years!)