Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

@Sirsven7: Thank you very much, I will do the title justice.

Your very welcome, I look forward to seeing your build. I think someone might want your elf tribe build, a page or two ago.

You might need to pick someone.

Cheers

I withdraw from High King of the Elves and give it to Pizinho.

I have returned from another trip to the Isles of Panik and have gotten some troops.

Standard Bearer, in the front of the battle and usually accompanies our Calvary. standard_bearer.jpg

Knights and Squires, The Isles of Panik rarely have any foot soldiers in their armies preferring quality fighters over sheer numbers. Squires join unmounted knights in battle to gain first-hand experience.

knights.jpg

Crossbowmen, The crossbowmen back up the unmounted knights and take down the enemies' Calvary before they reach the knights.

crossbows.jpg

Scouts, The Elite of the Army (aside from knights), the scouts are personally trained by me and only use the Longbow or the Recurve Bow. They are masters of camouflage and a couple have willingly come with me to aid Avalonia.

scouts.jpg

Blacksmith, The crux of an army, the blacksmith services weapons, armour and helmets day and night. We value this trait in the Isles of Panik and have taken the best of our blacksmiths. We hope you find him useful.

blacksmith.jpg

He has also brought along his horse and cart carrying some of his stock. Some swords, some goblets and some fine wine in the chest.

cart.jpg

Calvary, The best in our armies, the use of horses is highly valued in the Isles, Calvary have the speed of a Scout and the Power and Strength of a Platoon of Knights. They wield a wide range of weapons from the pike to the poleaxe.

knight.jpg

I hope they can be of service to Avalonia my leige. :classic:

Edited by volcanicpanik

Ellen Silla Lúmen Omentielvo!

My people and I, Daeron Arphenion, ruler of Hybrasil and heir to the title of High King Of The Elves, offer you our alliance so that our hands and minds are together to live and protect our lands and forests for the good of Avalonia.

To Avalonia I offer my men and our friendship, granting you safe passage through the Enchanted Forest and the borders of Mystic Isles.

Namárië mellon!

- Daeron Arphenion mounted on his War Lion accompanied by Vanya Meldamiriel, Malygos Saeldur and 2 Sunblades (Hybrasil Elite Guard).

hybrasil03.jpg

- Daeron Arphenion and his Elven Troops.

hybrasil01.jpg

- The Sovereign Keep in Hybrasil

hybrasil04.jpg

- Close Up on the Sovereign Keep in Hybrasil

hybrasil07.jpg

More on -> My Brickshelf Folder

Edited by Fantu

Welcome to our guild Fantu. Great beast you have build. Its nice to see elf warriors fight with our men sid by side.

Nice additions to our army volcanicpanik. Our army is growing large..

SirSeven7 you have built an awesome dungeon and created a great story indeed. I will be difficult to create something better than yours. Good job!

Welcome to Avalonia, my brother in arms Daeron!

I knew that soon or later the elves would come and show their mightness. We are glad to see that.

I hope we can work together as a man and his shadow, to protect the Forests from any kind of Evil.

Ciao amico!

And Im glad to accept the task to achieve the title of High King of The Elves from volcanicpanik.

Im sure I will not fail to satisfy your expectations, my fellows! just wait and see!

And remember,

Veni, vidi, vici

Ciao amicos!

I was recruiting round the border and have returned with these men.

6336511423_3dbbdd5951_m.jpg

The Cavalry around here are extremely good and the pike doubles as a standard.

6337269630_e4f0eb0510_m.jpg

6337269346_b2b68da185_m.jpg

6337268840_2cfcfc3337_m.jpg

The lighter infantry is highly efficient, and light amour allows them to move faster.

6336512871_a8f43d1e0b_m.jpg

The archers are able to back up the infantry.

6337268400_9fb16bd750_m.jpg

And finally, the heavy infantry has strong armour and large, powerful weapons.

6337269834_0d5703d529_m.jpg

Ellen Silla Lúmen Omentielvo!

My people and I, Daeron Arphenion, ruler of Hybrasil and heir to the title of High King Of The Elves, offer you our alliance so that our hands and minds are together to live and protect our lands and forests for the good of Avalonia.

To Avalonia I offer my men and our friendship, granting you safe passage through the Enchanted Forest and the borders of Mystic Isles.

My liege. I am an elven lord and have been waiting many years for your arrival. I hope you can lead our kind as wisely and as strongly as all our other leaders before you.

Welcome all new members, glad to have you with us, I see you have brought many new men to swell the ranks of our mighty Avalonian army, it grows by the minute!

Lovely Elven creations Fantu, nice work.

Well done to SirSven7, a great little moc with a story, nicely done. That was the sort of thing I was hoping to see. Good work on the Executioner, he looks like the man for the job!

So Volcanicpanic is next to do the Executioner task and Pizinho will be doing the Elf task.

Guildsmen of Avalonia! The first main challenge is now up and running. The challenge has been posted on the pinned threads at the top of the main forum. You task is to build a watchtower. You have a month to build this in, so please take your time and do the best you can for your land. The top 5 entries will be the ones that represent our land and hopefully win us points. So go forth and show the other guilds how its done.

Thanks for the nice feedback on my build, if its ok I mights repost it when I get a better camera (I ordered one off amazon a week ago, so anyday now) as I am not happy with the picture quality.

I posted it up quick so that others could get a turn building (keep the ball rolling and what not)

Also if anyone finishes a build I will be happy to go next (on any of the other five) as I really enjoyed that.

Cheers all

Guildsmen of Avalonia! The first main challenge is now up and running. The challenge has been posted on the pinned threads at the top of the main forum. You task is to build a watchtower. You have a month to build this in, so please take your time and do the best you can for your land. The top 5 entries will be the ones that represent our land and hopefully win us points. So go forth and show the other guilds how its done.

Are we allowed to just modify the kingdoms outpost attack?

Trian Buress- Knight of the realm, pledges his legions to the Western Realm and the Guild of Avalonia!

img_7179.jpg

As I see noone takes Lord High Chief of Agriculture, I will build our first Farm to get this title!

Actually this was my task, but I do not have much time right now and you can take it gladly!

avatae.jpg

"I have returned with elven mercenaries your majesty!"

The heavy cavalryman has brought an archer, crossbowman, and a warrior tribesman.

army.jpg

Also, since I volunteered for the agricultural leader, I made a vignette. Though I wanted more of those 2x2 curved pieces, to make more soil.

The wind howls on the plains... and the farmer still needs to work and plow the mounds of soil.

farm.jpg

Are we allowed to just modify the kingdoms outpost attack?

If you think modifying an existing set will get you in the top five go right ahead, however I would use this as an opertunity to make something special, unique and interesting.

its all about building something fun and enjoying your LEGO, have a crack at an new deign idea, you might like it :laugh: .

cheers

Welcome Z! Great to have you here. Loving your figs, nicely done!

Like SirSven said, its probably best to build your own tower from scratch.

Fantu

Impressive Elf Army. I was pleased with my 5, but I am impressed with yours.

SirSven7

I actually like your "grainier" images. It makes the dungeon look seem more realistic. It adds another dimension so to speak. But new photos are always welcome here.

Andonii

I'm sure you can heavily modify any set you want. Or you can create something unique for everyone to enjoy. The choice is yours I do believe.

It might be best, but can you if you heavily modify it?

You could either way, though if you modify it, we probably won't get as much points! :def_shrug: Though perhaps if you modify it so much the judges/voters or whoever decides wont even notice! :devil_laugh::innocent:

Actually this was my task, but I do not have much time right now and you can take it gladly!

Oh, I didn't see this, though anyone can take my position and ignore my vignette! :classic: I didn't see anyone call it, (stupid refresh doesn't work well!) I guess I just wanted to see how my 2x2 curved pieces looked as a soil field.

6338009862_8888aa52bc_b.jpg

Mattheus of Avalonia lives on the edge of the Enchanted Forest. You won't find him much at home, as being one of the few wizards in the Sacred Paradise makes him much needed all over the land. Rumour says he is a descendant of the Druids, the founding fathers of Avalonia. Mattheus is at one with nature and its animal inhabitants, something well appreciated by the Elves. Because of his good connections with the Elves, he often acts as a messenger between them and the Guild of Avalonia.

As a wizard Mattheus prefers the wand for battle, but he also handles the sword pretty well.

Finally Mattheus joins the Flight of Dragons. No henchmen for Mattheus, he works at his best alone and gets enough help from his animal companions. Forgive me for not making an example army, the look of the army has already been decided and it looks perfectly fine for me.

Perc, the leader of my fellowship, and his Dragon "Drake" joining the guild of Avalonia

reiter3.jpg

Edit: I changed the design a little bit, a give the dragon some food :devil:

Edited by maydayartist

Nice, maydayartist. How did you get the background?

The brickbuild background is out of my landscape and the sky is photoshoped.

Same like the frame.