Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

He says that because I used the same sig-fig as the one I use for the Heroica RPG. (currently Bartholomew Docken, Level 13 Ranger) :blush: I figure since I wouldn't want to have anything other than a Forestman for my sig-fig, there's no reason to think up a new name and look for the character. (and in the process, add another image to my signature which is getting pretty big)

Same here. :tongue:

Ah I see, well I naturally have to stick up for my guild members. I love what I have seen so far from everyone. Remember this land is yours, so you can create any type of character you wish. Once we get the ball rolling, I have quite a few activities, assignments and positions available for those who are interested. We are a young group of warriors, with a love of battle and drink . The rulers of the other kingdoms are old and would rather stay in safety, miles behind their armys. Not ours! Avalonia has the finest warriors, a ruler whos gonna lead his army right into the thick of battle and come out victorious, we have the grandest buildings, and the largest supply of beer in Historia! Mighty Avalonia! Take no prisoners!

I, Narn Bel Iluov, Narbilu in short, and my Hemresa Legion will pledge my alliance with the Avalonia guild. (Pictures will follow soon)

Edited by narbilu

I, Zakon GoldBlade the Necromancer(also a war wizard and artificer), pledge my life, my wealth, my armies living and dead to Avalonia. I control the Cube of Nevan. It is a legendary artifact of great power. It's power will remain a secret for now. When I ride into battle, I do so through the eyes of my eternal champion. This keeps me safe and in control of battle. I am a master of many ancient magics and tinkering up weapons of death and destruction. I keep my ear to the ground and my eye in the sky. I bury living. I raise dead. I am wealthy beyond reason. I rule my own Dwarven tribe. I brew up a wicked cauldron of beer. I will tell no more.

avalonia1.1_copy.jpg

avalonia2.1_copy.jpg

avalonia3.1.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Capt.JohnPaul shall post pictures soon your majesty. Elven infantrymen mercanaries are forever loyal to the king!

Take no prisoners!

:sceptic: ... what about chivalry?

Sir Rathbone of Sheridan shall join Avalonia for victory or pain of death. Pictures to soon follow.

Capt.JohnPaul shall post pictures soon your majesty. Elven infantrymen mercanaries are forever loyal to the king!

:sceptic: ... what about chivalry?

Yes, chivalry is the code we follow, and we set an example to the other lands. Only a fool seeks battle, but only a greater fool would march to battle half-hearted. We strive for peace, but if we have to go to war, we go with a lust to fight and dominate. Our enemies would not show mercy to us and if its unavoidable, then we will show no mercy to them.

Keep up the great fig designs everyone, looking real good! It looks as though we will have many sections to our army. Maybe different colour schemes for various parts of the army? Feel free to voice your thoughts on how different sections of the army should look.

Baron Manfred and his Army of Night Hawks shall join Avalonia (sorry about the low quality camera, a better one is arriving soon)

6331552139_f2033de698.jpg

With his Troop, Calvary, Seige Weapons.....

6331567831_933cefd962.jpg6332313006_af1879f2c2.jpg6331561343_22109220b7.jpg

...And his trusty Scouts and his Peasent Milita

6331561409_4cffbcb3d4.jpg6331567529_12383dceb3.jpg

We cannot Lose :sweet:

Yes, chivalry is the code we follow, and we set an example to the other lands. Only a fool seeks battle, but only a greater fool would march to battle half-hearted. We strive for peace, but if we have to go to war, we go with a lust to fight and dominate. Our enemies would not show mercy to us and if its unavoidable, then we will show no mercy to them.

Great thinking my Liege! Our enemy will fear us! Let them hate as long as they fear!!

Keep up the great fig designs everyone, looking real good! It looks as though we will have many sections to our army. Maybe different colour schemes for various parts of the army? Feel free to voice your thoughts on how different sections of the army should look.

I think the elf torso fits perfect for us. The sand green arms and the dark green torso. A great comination if you ask me! I have these torsos mainly as my cavalry.

The new dragon knights make up my infantry.

Our Guild is looking more and more powerful! Fun to see different kind of races in Avalonia!

I think that this is the right approach, different colour schemes to represent different clans that rally to your banner. If dark green is the primary colour of Avalonia, it would make sense to try to combine other colours with it in our standards to represent our allegiance.

I think the elf torso fits perfect for us. The sand green arms and the dark green torso. A great comination if you ask me! I have these torsos mainly as my cavalry.

I totally agree with you with the idea of using elf torsos and dragon knight torsos for our royal army.

But,

I have also another idea.

I am thinking that every of our guild may have their state/city/province with their banner color. Some of you may know about the Empire in Warhammer fantasy. In warhammer there are "states" under the rule of one Empire. Of course in real medieval era in real life there are similar ruling systems across the world.

So i am suggesting that every guild member build at least one (or more) royal army unit/s with darkgreen/sand green minifigur parts and in addition to these royal units: state troops with colors depending on their statebanner colors.

With this idea we will be able to recruit more troops with crown, lion, old lion, monarch, crusader torsos.

What do you think about the idea?

Here is my character:

Nitnelav the halfling farmer. He was expelled from his old hometown by hostile warriors. Is now with his remaining belongings on it's way through Avalonia hoping to find a new hill to settle down.

hobbit.jpg

while some are merely babbling, others are building!! Long live mitgardia!! :tongue:

Our Guild is looking more and more powerful! Fun to see different kind of races in Avalonia!

I agree with this, but I think the Dragon Knights should be considered the basic grunts and the Elves should make up a more elite commando/scout-type division. Then there could easily be mounted, ranged, and melee versions of both armies, making it easier for new builders to buy some of the Dragon Knights from TLG and quickly form any type of warriors.

I totally agree with you with the idea of using elf torsos and dragon knight torsos for our royal army.

But,

I am thinking that every of our guild may have their state/city/province with their banner color. Some of you may know about the Empire in Warhammer fantasy. In warhammer there are "states" under the rule of one Empire. Of course in real medieval era in real life there are similar ruling systems across the world.

So i am suggesting that every guild member build at least one (or more) royal army unit/s with darkgreen/sand green minifigur parts and in addition to these royal units: state troops with colors depending on their statebanner colors.

With this idea we will be able to recruit more troops with crown, lion, old lion, monarch, crusader torsos.

Sounds like a great idea. The elf is not the most common figure out there.. and not the cheapest...

Skalldyr: That fig is so awesome! Like how he has tied up the pig! :laugh:

But,

I see what your getting at but if we do this, wouldn't it be going against the whole flag thing? The issue doesn't hurt my stuff at all since I'm just going to reanimate and zombify my old figures under one flag. I'm down for what ever makes things easier for Avalonians but let's not copy what any of the other guilds are doing. Let us be leaders not followers.

while some are merely babbling, others are building!! Long live mitgardia!! :tongue:

Should I go and put a curse on these rat droppings?

Great thinking my Liege! Our enemy will fear us! Let them hate as long as they fear!!

But,

I agree with both of you here. The sand green/elf combo looks great, I have also been testing out a similar design, here's a rough pic.

6323712028_a5dd91f39d.jpg

Ive used dark gray torso's and added sand green arms and dark green legs. This is cheaper, as the Gray torsos are very common where as the elf ones are not.

I agree with BrickDocter that the elf designs should be a special elite scout force. The design I've used could always be used as the Capital's garrison or something like that. I also agree that it would be great to have other divisions of warriors from different city's/areas that have each have their own uniform. This will help out those that don't have many sand green mini-fig parts. Also like Brickdocter said, don't forget that the current Dark Green Dragon Knights from the Kingdoms line fit very well and suit our look and feel, plus they are easy to get hold of. What ever colour designs you come up with for different army divisions just remember that they should be marching under a dark green flag at least. The way I see it, is that out of the two shades of green, Dark green is the primary one, and sand green is secondary. So as long as there is at least a Dark Green flag flying, everything else is fine.

Here is my character:

Nitnelav the halfling farmer. He was expelled from his old hometown by hostile warriors. Is now with his remaining belongings on it's way through Avalonia hoping to find a new hill to settle down.

hobbit.jpg

Welcome friend, this is awesome! I was hoping to see some civilian tradesmen for our land. Farming is a very important here, the warriors may protect our land, but its the farmers who grow the crops they need to live on. There is much rich farmland to be found here, and plenty of hills. You now have the position of 'Lord High Chief Of Agriculture' :classic:

If its building you want, we will very soon have our first village for our capital, thats one more then Mitgardia :tongue:

I pledge my troops from the city of Acre in the defense of Avalonia. Surrounded by water on three sides, we feel our walled city is better suited for the capital then the current one, but that is a fight best saved for after the defeat of our common enemy...

I have substantial amounts of cavalry, archers, and infantry, but beware, my white bearded gnome and his 7 dwarves. They are a match for any hero and his bodyguard.

Wm. de Montferrat

aka KIRK MONKEY

aka Chunky Mono

aka Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

ps. I really like your building technigue, Derfal Cadarn. I plan to use parts in my walled city. I wish I had pictures, but it ain't built yet.

I started building some land out last knight with a few basic structures so when we get our build orders from up high we can get somethings out there quickly to compete with the other guilds. Do you know when these build orders will come in?

Also, I like the idea of having a unified color, not every fig could have the colors but at least a representative (or leader) from the main Avalonian guild.

From the far lands, 'Lord Tigerius' he of Roman and Norman blood lines swears loyalty to Avalonia. :smug:

(My figure will be custom built in the next few days)

Welcome friend, this is awesome! I was hoping to see some civilian tradesmen for our land. Farming is a very important here, the warriors may protect our land, but its the farmers who grow the crops they need to live on. There is much rich farmland to be found here, and plenty of hills. You now have the position of 'Lord High Chief Of Agriculture' :classic:

Good to know. And of course I will perform my duties conscientiously and with great devotion.

Greetings noble sons of Avalonia!

From the Enchanted Forests of the West, me and my loyal companios assemble.

Im Piers, leader of the brave and fierce fighters that protect our sacred region. Some people call me "friend of the elves", other call me "the one who left all behind", but my past shall not be the main point of this presentation.

Im here do pledge all of mine and my brothers strength, wisdom and courage that you my Lord shall need in difficult days.

Accept us as your newest brothers in arms, and we shall accept you as one of our family.

Always keep in mind an old saying of our ancestors: "Veni, vidi, vici". For those who don't remember, it says "I came, I saw, I conquered".

My best regards to all of you, my noble brothers and sisters, sons of this Sacred Land!

Ciao !

6332984756_27e100578f_z.jpg

Ciao my friends. It's very nice to meet you all.

6332163185_2ae028f594_z.jpg

These are my loyal brothers. You'll get to know them better with the time.

PS off topic: hi people, if you are interested you can find out more about the characters in my flickr! Here's the link: Piers Outlaws at Flickr

Edited by Pizinho