Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Z, I think you should add to your signature "the Orcs are MINE MINE MINE."

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Thanks for getting Book II moving, you really were the ONLY one that had the power and the experience to do so, and you didn't let the project die. I saw a lot of what we talked about in the sign up thread (my constitution, others input at the same time) in the new Books. I suppose it is unfortunate that you WON challenge VI, you know with the like 17 fabulous builds and all, because now, to some, it seems that you control both sides of the next chapter. Never mind that the previous administration said that the winner would choose the history of the Victor war and set the tone going forward. I assume you didn't log onto other people's accounts and vote for yourself. (If you did, I think you deserve it even more for begin so cunning.) So, we as Historicans, overwhelmingly chose Z's story, (Ecc or I were a way distant 2nd) and the administration accepted Z's leadership and ideas behind the scenes to create a second chapter of the project. I don't feel Z took over. Although sometimes we may feel in the dark, Z has been more transparent than previous guild leaders (no offense) who had three or four other projects going on.

---

CBB, I think you would make a great guild faction leader during the Avalonia portion, you are clearly one of the most intuitive builders here. You might even become the powerhouse in Avalonia. I know that any plot you have your hands in will be new, exciting, and may challenge us to new limits. I think you are hilarious and really add to the guilds, I don't want to see you go. I think we would have a lot of fun drinking at a bar some time, and would get along well. I don't want to see you go. However, the out of character anger you show on the board seems a bit hurtful. We can all take the in-game musings of Zakon and you have the right to believe that you are superior to a lot of us in building techniques -- you often walk the walk. On the other hand, Z doesn't have to get this next book started, I am sure Z's wife might like him to spend the time he spends calculating the next chapter here with the new baby instead. He has done a lot for this project so that it doesn't fall back into oblivion. We have a good group going here, and he wants to see that community thrive. However, because we are on Eurobricks, and they pay to host this server, we do have to play by Eurobricks rules. Z, Ecc, Rogueang, are our last connections to the EB inside, although all leaders in their own right, it was Z who stepped forward and got this rolling. It is necessary that we have official connection to EB and who better than someone who loves this project so much? Sure, you, I, Masa, Angelli, Rolli and others might have some great ideas and could run a totally different Guilds experience on our own. But, we can't do it on EB without following the rules. It also would never get the same exposure, most likely flounder, and die away. I don't know, maybe your poking at Z has been mostly sarcasm or joking, and I have been reading it wrong -- but clearly (unless he is in on the joke) it is wearing on Z.

I don't want to make an enemy of you, like I said, I think you are important to GoH, and to EB as a whole, your builds are great, and you keep us entertained with your wit. I hope to work with you in the future on this project and others. I like you, and I don't want to see you keep digging yourself a trench and hunkering down against where Z is taking the project. I think you are going to flourish in Book II, I hope you can accept it.

snip

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Could not have said it better.

A lot of text in which every word is true

Ska for kaliphlin president :D

Okay, okay, let's get away from this before someone says something they shouldn't...

I just wanted to vent since I felt my contributions and our attempts to make the next chapter MORE open were being marginalized. I VERY intentionally said nothing about Beery personally, so let's keep it that way please.

I have a show for my local LUG in a few weeks and I was going to display my gate house for the Albion city wall. I was thinking of putting a little blurb about GoH to maybe drive people to the site. Would that be okay? I didn't want to cross any boundaries.

Hey Ska, very good comment. I was about to write something similar but was not getting the right words. So in short, I really would like both Z and CBB to stay here and work things out peacefully!

Its quite interesting how this is all playing out. I'll be behind whoever becomes leader of Avalonia, as long as they're not taking over the guild.

@ Ska, Nice articulation in that comment. :thumbup:

Well, I finally took the time to read all the long winded posts. I wonder why people think I'm ever being mean? Sarcastic? Maybe. Joking? Probably. For the record my wife left me for a month and a half(took my son), without any sign of returning because of my dedication to GoH. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I think the worst that could happen to me did.I never stopped being a part of the GoH family even though I lost mine so I'm here for good.

We have any more freebuilds up in this guild before Book II launches?

Anyone got anything for ol' Albion?

Still working on the A.T.C. warehouse/castle. Holidays caused a bit of a delay. :look:

But I'm back now, building at full speed with some new bricks which have just arrived. :wub:

We have any more freebuilds up in this guild before Book II launches?

Anyone got anything for ol' Albion?

I have a tower, and an artworkshop.

No photos yet, as a new camera is on the way, last photos were lost.

I just finished a moc and another is about half done. I'll be starting a third real soon. That one has a deadline so my half finished moc will most likely be put on hold. We'll see.

I think I have part two of my big castle done before book2. And hopefully a smaller moc as well.

I have two to three things in the works, depending on how much time I have until I leave for studying but also how satisfied I am with it. One fairly large building that could totally fit for Albion, a farm scene and another surprise.

im not sure which guild i am considered part of since when i finally moved everything slowed down and I have no idea of the stuations, sao ill post here.

as you may or may not know I moved recently. my lego room is downstairs + still haven't got the room properly done up + downstairs gets really cold at night (when i normally build) + i don't have much time anyway = I haven't been getting stuff done. I am trying, but for now and probably a few more weeks my building has been and will be alot slower than my normal 1 MOC per week rate. sorry for my inactivity.

I have got a project going, and many others planned.

Legonardo

Moc are planned but I am about to build something to display at a show, so that will take a while. Then I can split up te show model and post them as individual pieces for free builds.

Then I can split up the show model and post them as individual pieces for free builds.

Wow, that must be a huge MOC if you can separate it and still have it as reasonably sized MOC's.

Edited by Captain Settle

Well, I finally took the time to read all the long winded posts. I wonder why people think I'm ever being mean? Sarcastic? Maybe. Joking? Probably. For the record my wife left me for a month and a half(took my son), without any sign of returning because of my dedication to GoH. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I think the worst that could happen to me did.I never stopped being a part of the GoH family even though I lost mine so I'm here for good.

I think this is funny. I gave you guys a taste of my reality that resulted from GoH. No insults, no quotes or comments. I post something about my fictitious, fantasy story and all of a sudden I'm the biggest jerk in the world and a drunk. I'm not trying to keep any pointless beef going or anything. I just think that was funny. I gave you guys something real and nobody had anything to say. Weird, but an eye opener.

I think this is funny. I gave you guys a taste of my reality that resulted from GoH. No insults, no quotes or comments. I post something about my fictitious, fantasy story and all of a sudden I'm the biggest jerk in the world and a drunk. I'm not trying to keep any pointless beef going or anything. I just think that was funny. I gave you guys something real and nobody had anything to say. Weird, but an eye opener.

Honestly somehow I missed that post. Sorry to hear about your wife and son....

BB, I think the reason noone posted is because it's very hard to know what to say in this situation. I don't think it means anyone thinks any worse of you because of it, but more sympathy for you. I was going to respond to your post, but I was having trouble coming up with the right words. It is a horrible situation to separate from your wife, and I'm sure everyone here hopes things work out for you and your family.