Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Challenge 6 is drawing to close and looking back on everyone's output I am really impressed!

Everyone has continued to get better and better, so it's great to know Avalonia is in good hands.

I hope members will continue to build and expand the world long after the final challenge.

Myself along with the other Guild leaders will be stepping down as we all have other projects we are working on, plus a lot of us have been absent for a while away. Thanks to Z for stepping in and keeping things running around here. There are two types of people on EB, there are the builders who dip in and out between builds and comment where they can and there are the those that browse the site most of the day, commenting, discussing and organizing. I'll always be a builder, I like to be active when I can but I'm usually building. This is where my future lies in GOH. After challenge 6 has ended, Artorious Rex will step down and head for the Dark Isle and new adventures, which I will share here. However, he will always stay loyal to Avalonia and will be ready to aid if needs be.

Looking forward to a bright new future in GOH

Who will become the leader of Avalonia after Rex?

Edited by Brickington

How will? Huh? Who will? Good question. Guess you'll have to wait and see!

Yikes! I didn't know my typos were that bad. Perhaps I should rethink my major in Journalism. :look::laugh:

I think you're just afraid Zakon is taking the world over.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But one thing is for sure, I'm not going to be anyone's slave, especially not Zakon's. :grin:

Since there are rumors of Zakon trying to become both the leader of Avalonia and Nocturnus, we could pose him as the new Victor Revolword! :laugh:

or lemons

How new is your "I'm BUSY building. Don't bother me till April"? Very funny, anyways! :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

The problem with Zakon is that you never know his true intent, and even if you kill him, that doesn't matter much when you're immortal. I agree with Z that mushrooms may be Zakon's Achille's heel.

What shall we do without lord Rex? I noticed that the druids are mentioned allot in the rebirth of Avalonia but what religion do we follow and I was thinking that the roman emperor cmf would be good preachers?

Challenge 6 is drawing to close and looking back on everyone's output I am really impressed!

Didn't Challenge 6 get extended to the end of April?

Dr Rod

I noticed that the druids are mentioned allot in the rebirth of Avalonia but what religion do we follow?

That could be a good local challenge: Establishing and describing a religion with builds to back it up, similar to the 5th guild contest. I would sure enter!

That could be a good local challenge: Establishing and describing a religion with builds to back it up, similar to the 5th guild contest. I would sure enter!

By local challenge I presume you mean Avalonian only? (Though the fifth guild challenge you compared it to was open to all guilds.) Just a note on the subject of a Historica religion though; if members want to incorporate something like that into their builds it's up to them, but I don't think we should have an official religion or anything like that. :wink:

The whole idea of religion(s) in Historica seems a bit underdeveloped to me, and guild challenges and/or global challenges might improve that situation.

I would be perfectly fine with if the religion challenges were guild challenges only. I could easily envision that for example Mitgarida had some kind of Norse religion, Avalonia some kind of druid animistic religion and maybe some kind of monotheistic religion (or something like the faith of the seven in Game of Thrones) in the more human settled areas. Kaliphlin would maybe be a lot of different beliefs coexisting or clashing, like the ancient middle east? Or something completely different. And who knows what Nocturnians believe in??

And of course there would be followers of the various religions in the other guild areas as well, maybe both because of migration and because of missionary activity?

Anyway, challenges sounds like a good way to sort this out.

Edited by Gideon

The Nestlands Clans of the Armored Eagle Goddess emmigrated from what is today Mitgardia to their current location 2200 years ago to escape religious persecution. Some still believe that the lands they inhabit now is where their Goddess will return in the flesh.

Yep I think the contest would be good but have a separate challenge for each guild so they have a different one each

I understand this, I just meant this as a sort of inspiration :wink: