Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

...32x32 or 48x48 (which I would prefer, if the halls should be high) can be VERY brick consuming...

Waterdeep took almost ALL of my black bricks, and Leliana Lena took all of my white and trans-clear 1x1 plates - who would say? I must admit that I can either build big - or detailed - I do not have enough brick for both.

I was the first one to fight size limitation (as size is not relevant for the victory, let us build as large or small as we want), but as I was forced to build with base restriction, I focused my time and energy into enriching details - and on big scale I could not do this because of the number of bricks limitations - I have more then enough of 1x2 bricks, but not nearly enough of inverted slopes to make it more interesting :) Also, one detailed tower is time consuming. Ten of the same are ten times more time consuming :) Which is ok, when you have unlimited time :)

So, as much as I am still againt it, size limitation brought the best out of me :)

Hey everyone.

I had a little trouble getting past the drow guarding the border, so it's been a while since I've been back in Avalonia. So, what's happened in the last few months?

Wow ZM! A lot!:wink: Welcome back to Avalonia and Benoic!

Just finished two mocs

7991370698_830e432051.jpg

7991384113_d4b7db5741.jpg

Now one more little moc before the ChV! Have to came up with something for the challenge! A great challenge indeed but a tough one!

I picked up 'Gandalf arrives' today. It was the only Lotr set left in store, so I was lucky getting it.

Now, regarding GoH, I have literally dozens of ideas for builds, and I'm going to get started the second exams are over (Friday.) I've grown tired of waiting for my BL order, and have simply decided to build the roof of m house in a different way, so expect that soon.

And the list of characters I need to introduce is nearing 40, so I intend to get on to that quickly too.

I picked up 'Gandalf arrives' today. It was the only Lotr set left in store, so I was lucky getting it.

Now, regarding GoH, I have literally dozens of ideas for builds, and I'm going to get started the second exams are over (Friday.) I've grown tired of waiting for my BL order, and have simply decided to build the roof of m house in a different way, so expect that soon.

And the list of characters I need to introduce is nearing 40, so I intend to get on to that quickly too.

is this the warehouse in town? they had heaps of shelob on saturday.

good luck with the rest of your MOCKs!

------------------

I started my challenge 5 today, I have a well developed idea, I'm finding it a bit hard to put it into bricks though.

will update you later.

well my builds have taken a backseat these last couple weeks. stuck my foot through the ceiling while getting something from the attic means I spent the better part of a day fixing that. I hate drywall and mudding. Then my wife's car died, so had to get it towed home, and have had my hands covered in grease the last couple days! When I rains it pours right?

I did have a good start on Challenge V. I typically build a few small details first and like the way they are progressing. I also got the main feature of the build nearly complete

I also have been working on the 'Sheriff of Avalonia" guild build. I should have that one done in a couple days.

Looking forward to what everyone has up to.

well my builds have taken a backseat these last couple weeks. stuck my foot through the ceiling while getting something from the attic means I spent the better part of a day fixing that. I hate drywall and mudding. Then my wife's car died, so had to get it towed home, and have had my hands covered in grease the last couple days! When I rains it pours right?

I did have a good start on Challenge V. I typically build a few small details first and like the way they are progressing. I also got the main feature of the build nearly complete

I also have been working on the 'Sheriff of Avalonia" guild build. I should have that one done in a couple days.

Looking forward to what everyone has up to.

yes it does pour!

looking forward to your builds!

I have the "Ancient guild-made structure" complete, although it doesn't look extremely ancient. I have made a start on the landscaping and am thinking about what the new guild structures will look like.

on a side note: it appears the drow have been eliminated.

~Legonardo

yes it does pour!

looking forward to your builds!

I have the "Ancient guild-made structure" complete, although it doesn't look extremely ancient. I have made a start on the landscaping and am thinking about what the new guild structures will look like.

on a side note: it appears the drow have been eliminated.

~Legonardo

According to the followers of the Druids who created Historica, they beleive the Druids wiped thousands of Drow from the world, including their "beloved queen" Valasharess, for aiding some unholy beasts of some sort from the "Lands of Chima"... Hmm. It will take some time for this accidental victory to take affect. I am sure the Kaliphlin Traiders will be quite saddened.

Edited by Penkid11

I bought a bunch of trans-clear parts for Challenge V, got the general idea straight and some smaller details finished. Might enter a build for one of the titles in the meantime.

I bought a bunch of trans-clear parts for Challenge V, got the general idea straight and some smaller details finished. Might enter a build for one of the titles in the meantime.

sounds promising.

I made a couple bricklink orders but they seem to be taking there time about sending me the invoice (come on people I want to build)

in the mean time I am working on my sherrif of Avalonia mini build and nearly have that done

I'm still here. I don't care anymore since I'm such a low level member here in the popularity system. I won't be commenting anymore.

?I don't get it.

I'm still here. I don't care anymore since I'm such a low level member here in the popularity system. I won't be commenting anymore.

Sad to hear that you feel that way Cpt BB! I really like you and your mocs you have done and I hope to both see and hear from you in the future as well!

I really like you and your mocs you have done and I hope to both see and hear from you in the future as well!

same here beery, Avalonia won't be the same without you!

Not sure how you got that idea, I value your feedback greatly and enjoy seeing your builds :thumbup:

I think every member constructive critic of GoH is very valuable for the whole group to develop as to be left outside.

I hope everyone remains in here participating. For you are great builders. :thumbup:

I assume you're trolling. If not, I'd say that GoH without CBB and Angeli will be a lot more sedate and dull.

I swear CBB, I keep reading these posts of yours and keep imagining your profile pic as Eeyore complete with patch, pirate hat, and swashbuckling sword! :laugh: Dude, seriously you have established an irreplaceable personality in GoH so I hope you just are just ranting about not commenting anymore... You might not always have the most pleasant things to say about a MOC but at least I know your real thoughts about the matter. I actually value that as I know that when you post a positive comment you actually like the MOC.

I swear CBB, I keep reading these posts of yours and keep imagining your profile pic as Eeyore complete with patch, pirate hat, and swashbuckling sword!

That visual is funny. CBB is indeed a very productive GoH member and a valuable member of Avalonia. I think he'll come around.

That visual is funny. CBB is indeed a very productive GoH member and a valuable member of Avalonia. I think he'll come around.

I LOLed too on that one. I agree, CBB is a valuable member of this group, and I hope he is just pulling our legs. We would really miss his MOCs.

Going away for a few days, will try and comment etc but probably won't.

Finished up my "Sheriff of Avalonia" build today. might be a couple days before I get the photos taken. Tried to go with something less than expected but I think it still fits in the spirit of the challenge.

also keep puttering around with my Challenge 5 build and things are progressing. I have the main idea and one of the main builds finished. I don't want to finish too early though as I will constantly keep changing it!

Mikey

Ageven's planning on touring Historica, would the Avalonians mind if I build a scene in Avalonia (farm, basically) for him to pass through? :wink: