Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

That little settlement isn't meant to be a village, it was supposed to be a lone tower where a wizard did his study, when my character came along as his new errand boy, and proceeded to build a house near by. Those 2 buildings will be the only 2 ever put on this piece of land, but like I said on your Flickr photo, I am considering claiming a piece of land for a 'realm' of my own, but I wanted to flesh it out in my head more before I called dibs on a piece of land.

That is rather small, Zach. You seem to be proficient enough in visual programs to knock out a quick map of where exactly your borders lie. It would really help me to get a better sense of who is where on the map. Your request (and no, I didn't forget about you!) to extend the forest to the body of water above it has been added to the latest version.

I've made a quick overview of the A.T.C. lands in their current state.

Let the coins flow and the economy grow ladies and gentlemen! :sweet:

Hear hear! Glad to see our much-loved A.T.C. thriving!

Your borders have been noted and will be reflected on the latest update to the map.

How could I claim some farmland?

As of right now, the most available farmland is between the (as yet unclaimed) Harbor Town and the A.T.C.'s lands, and the borders of Basilita and Fuchal. Or, if you want a smaller plot, anywhere there is room!

If you can, please make a quick pic of your borders so I can include them on the latest update to the map.

Also, as a general heads up to everyone:

I have created a new thread to get a more concise compilation of everyone's border requests here. Please forgive the annoyance of re-posting your pics, as it will help me greatly!

late last night I got back from my ski trip... to be welcomed not long after by a magnitude 7.0 earthquake about 100 km from where me and Zach live. no damage here but my tower fell off the display shelf :tongue: now finding all the scattered parts

That must be so depressing. At least your house didn't get wrecked, and you can always rebuild the tower, and improve where you found it lacking.

How do I find the map to see if there's any land along a river still available.

I am pretty sure there is land along a river somewhere.

here is a map without the borders

avalonia2a-M.jpg

I would think that somewhere west of #2 on the map (the anchor AKA as Harbor Town) would be good as I believe it is unclaimed. Except where tower #8 (which is Burrium but I'm not sure who's land it)

Rebuilt the tower!

7498104266_33794bfddc_z.jpg

My build for prince of the forest title

~Legonardo~

Okay I captain donkey claim the land where the two rivers meet in a fork that is west of harbor town and north of tower 8. :classic:

Edited by captain donkey

Okay I captain donkey claim the land where the two rivers meet in a fork that is west of harbor town and north of tower 8. :classic:

is this the area (Red Dot) you are talking about?

captain-donkey-M.jpg

Rebuilt the tower!

7498104266_33794bfddc_z.jpg

My build for prince of the forest title

~Legonardo~

Glad you saved the tower!

is this the area (Red Dot) you are talking about?

captain-donkey-M.jpg

Glad you saved the tower!

no

I was also looking at a large island in the avalonian ocean that has two rivers on it.

disregard then.

I dont think anyone has staked a claim on that island yet but I could be wrong.

That must be so depressing. At least your house didn't get wrecked, and you can always rebuild the tower, and improve where you found it lacking.

I hope it is not in bad taste but... Yeah, it was clearly structurally lacking if it was shattered. You may want to shore up your foundations!!! :P

I hope it is not in bad taste but... Yeah, it was clearly structurally lacking if it was shattered. You may want to shore up your foundations!!! :P

all of the smaller bits, some of the rock face and the roof went left right and center. the tower itself was fine. when I build I rarely think about the structural strength (my MOCs don't normally drop)still a 7.0 is big and my shelf is about 1 1/2 meters off the ground, for Lego a long drop.

I heard rumors that claim me being dead. Or taken by the drow. Or something like that ;)

In fact, I found a way back to my bricks. And as I know how much you like wip-shots, I hereby present a small bit of my next creation:

Foto600.png

Starting yesterday I already was forced to place three orders on BL (Am I the only one not owning 1x6x2 arches in reddish brown?! It kinda sucks that they only were avaible in some Spiderman Set in 2004...) - which makes it clear that this is an early stage. A lot of bricks that I will swap when i have the right parts at hand. The whole building will have three stories, two annexes and - obviously - a cheese slope roof. You know me. (No interiors, i am sorry. Theres too much snot needed to achieve this wall effect..)

To all of you that are awaiting my challenge 3 mocs I have to ask for patience. I want to make it to the thing I had in my mind when I started back then. Which will take time. But: It will come, definetely. As well as something for Challenge 4. Promised.

Best regards,

Sir Moriartus

Wow Rolli! That looks great! :thumbup: Is it just ordinary sand green bricks in the wrong direction in the wall?

Wow Rolli! That looks great! :thumbup: Is it just ordinary sand green bricks in the wrong direction in the wall?

Yes. And a huge amount of sand green cheese slopes. (We had them in our lugbulk - Yay :) )

@Rolli: That looks impressive :thumbup: Glad to hear you will be finishing your challenge 3 build and entering challenge 4 :moar:

@Avalonia: The commerce challenge has a little under a month left, I would love to see some more entries :classic:

Challenge thread: link

Edited by soccerkid6

@Rolli: That looks impressive :thumbup: Glad to hear you will be finishing your challenge 3 build and entering challenge 4 :moar:

@Avalonia: The commerce challenge has a little under a month left, I would love to see some more entries :classic:

Challenge thread: link

A bricklink order has arrived today. I'll be able to finish my contribuiton shortly before the deadline.

(Am I the only one not owning 1x6x2 arches in reddish brown?! It kinda sucks that they only were avaible in some Spiderman Set in 2004...)

no your not! :laugh: looking good!

I've been on a building spree recently. I just finished this modular home.

0afarm1.jpg

great! liking the roof colors

I've been on a building spree recently. I just finished this modular home.

0afarm1.jpg

I take it that you will include that house in your mega layout?