Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Hey guys, I must apologize for absence recently, this is a busy time work wise for me at the moment so I just havn't had the chance to be as active as I'd like. I've also been concentrating on my Town mocs recently. However, I now have to start on my display for The Great Western Lego Show, so I will be building the Black Knights Stronghold which is where a secret army is being trained to help stop the Elemental take over!

It's not looking good for the Guilds as the Elementals have caused great damage and now we all find ourselves fighting for survival!

I have to say I am really impressed with how everyone has evolved and improved with their building skills, not just here but every guild. You guys just keep getting better and GOH has really become a powerhouse of great castle builders!

Keep up the great work, I shall be updating and announcing a few mini challenges at the weekend.

DC Rex

Hey guys, I must apologize for absence recently, this is a busy time work wise for me at the moment so I just havn't had the chance to be as active as I'd like. I've also been concentrating on my Town mocs recently. However, I now have to start on my display for The Great Western Lego Show, so I will be building the Black Knights Stronghold which is where a secret army is being trained to help stop the Elemental take over!

It's not looking good for the Guilds as the Elementals have caused great damage and now we all find ourselves fighting for survival!

I have to say I am really impressed with how everyone has evolved and improved with their building skills, not just here but every guild. You guys just keep getting better and GOH has really become a powerhouse of great castle builders!

Keep up the great work, I shall be updating and announcing a few mini challenges at the weekend.

DC Rex

Looking forward to it!

Is somebody still using/editing the GoH wiki site? I think it was a great idea and would love to see people introduce their sigfigs, settlements, stories, etc.

Meanwhile I created a page for Woodward

/edit: just noticed that this should have been posted in Guilds of Historica Introduction/Questions Thread, could a moderator please move this post? Thanks in advance! :thumbup: /

Edited by mephistopheles

Is somebody still using/editing the GoH wiki site? I think it was a great idea and would love to see people introduce their sigfigs, settlements, stories, etc.

Meanwhile I created a page for Woodward

/edit: just noticed that this should have been posted in Guilds of Historica Introduction/Questions Thread, could a moderator please move this post? Thanks in advance! :thumbup: /

I didn't know this existed! how do you add a page and have it link on the Avalonia page?

I am in no way an expert in this. putting a word in [[ ]] will automatically create a new page. You can edit pages yourself. Currently I am also just learning how to use this.

I am pretty sure it is not 100% updated but it looks like the area you wanted is open (on the boarder of Mitgaria and Avalonia even has a river emptying into the sea.

But be sure not to take my area, Buckland. :classic:

But be sure not to take my area, Buckland. :classic:

I think he just want a small area up by the sea along the border so it shouldn't be a problem.

@rougeang

Great build!

Yes my area is a little bit higher up, look at the river beside sea, in avalonia and precisly under mitgardia... I must have some sea :wink:

Here's a pic of my current wip. I'm still working on the tower and roof and some final detail in the landscaping. I hope to have this finished over the weekend.

0castle.jpg

Here's a pic of my current wip. I'm still working on the tower and roof and some final detail in the landscaping. I hope to have this finished over the weekend.

0castle.jpg

WOW! :drool:

That's beautiful!

that looks very impressive Capt! If that is a work in process, I can't wait to see when you have it finished and more photos

that looks very impressive Capt! If that is a work in process, I can't wait to see when you have it finished and more photos

Thanks. That's only 1/3 of the whole scene I'll be working on the next few weeks.

BeerBeard looking good!

I finished a MOC today, a kaliphlin gate hose with an avalonian-owned ale stall.

7418786382_a07dffa6de.jpg

will take pics tomorrow when there is daylight :tongue:

~Legonardo~

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

0castle.jpg

(puts telescope up to eye) :tongue: Impressive, or more like insane. It looks really goood can't wait to see more.

Edited by turtleman2020

CptBB: That looks very promising! Love the colour scheme on the castle! Can´t wait to see the final result!

/Double post.

Would anyone object if I made my sigfig's steed immortal? Think captain Jack from Doctor Who. I was working on a background story for my sigfig, and one of the ideas I had was that he inherited his horse from his father, who took it from a Necromancer who had cursed if with magic that meant it couldn't die. I don't imagine it will make much of a difference to anything, but I think it would be a cool little bit of background information to include.

/Double post.

Would anyone object if I made my sigfig's steed immortal? Think captain Jack from Doctor Who. I was working on a background story for my sigfig, and one of the ideas I had was that he inherited his horse from his father, who took it from a Necromancer who had cursed if with magic that meant it couldn't die. I don't imagine it will make much of a difference to anything, but I think it would be a cool little bit of background information to include.

Well let see. We have dwarfs, orcs, unicorns, dragons, undead, werewolves in the GoH so I think one immortal horse would pass to! :wink:

Was a rather lazy, grey day here, the wife was at work, and the kids were with friends all day. Prefect day to put a few bricks together. Finished up a fishing village scene sadly my wife left the camera in her car and won't be back until after dark!

So until I get the photos taken here is just a bit of background on the village of Cartoth.

Along the Southern edge of Lord Arlindus' lands of Circardia lays the Bay of Orthus. Named after his father to commemorate his landing in the Enchanted Island years ago, the Bay's shoreline is largely high cliffs and only navigable by the best sailors. One area is less hospitable than the rest, the cliffs aren't as high and the shoreline is offered some protection. In this area is the fishing village of Cartoth.

Stay tuned for photos and more of the backstory.

Our lands were recently devastated by earthquakes and fire; thus we seek refuge in Avalonia. In return, we pledge loyalty to King Artorius Rex and the Kingdom of Avalonia. If it pleases the guild, we will take up a small amount of land north of the Wither Woods and commence building a settlement.

With luck, such natural calamities will not befall us in our new home...

-Sir Mattius

7445067530_08668fdae6.jpg

7444889620_3be77fe452.jpg

Welcome wakeboarder. Have a look around and be sure to check out the first page of this thread for information on our guild.

Welcome MCNwakeboard!

I'm like the look of the buildings you have as your background!

As Z said. tons of info on the front page and looking forward to your builds!