Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

My MOC index caught some eyebrows I guess :tongue: . MikeyB, I had passed your PM along earlier, but then got promoted, and forgot to go back and fix them myself. They are taken care of though. You're the only person that's PMed me, so maybe the rest are correct (I can only HOPE I was that accurate.)

Congratulations on the promotion and great job on the index! :thumbup:

Thoroughly agree :thumbup:

:classic:

Congrats Rogueang, great to have you as part of the History team! Plus now you have the fun part of trying to keep up with and index all the mocs that keep rolling in :laugh:

I want to congrat rogueang too, amazing job with the index. :thumbup:

I have just finished my building for the capital, explorer´s stable.

And waiting with exciment this new round. :classic:

We have been neglecting Albion a bit. I have ideas for FOUR Albion builds. I should go reserve them now... yikes!

I have a couple ideas too for Albion but I was hoping that some of the areas already claimed would have been build by now so I don't look like blazing through them! once I finish my Circus build, I'll get on one of the ideas.

of course I have been waiting with baited breath all day for an update on the next challenge. speaking of which, anyone snoop around DC's flikr account today?

Edited by MikeyB

I Third that. Great job, and congrats.

Thanks again for all for the congrats!

I know that my Albion build is going to be big, time-consuming and costly. That's why I haven't started on it yet. I would like to build other things for Albion, but I wasn't sure if that would be OK. Plus, I have friends coming in this weekend, so I will have no building time until next week, so it's not like I could get something up that soon anyway. Plus, there's a 3rd challenge coming up.... so much to build, so little building time :cry3: .

I too have been skulking around the forums all day hoping to hear the 3rd challenge revealed.

:moar:

of course I have been waiting with baited breath all day for an update on the next challenge. speaking of which, anyone snoop around DC's flikr account today?

I too have been skulking around the forums all day hoping to hear the 3rd challenge revealed.

Phew¡ Now I know I´m not alone on the waiting for next round. :moar::laugh:

i have almost finished my albion tavarn and have also made some creations for the mines of Gruven (probably will upload them tonight)

EDIT: Congrats Rogueang! once again huge thanks for taking over the index

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Thanks again for all for the congrats!

Again congrats on Regulatorship!

Now to plot things to make you do :laugh::devil:

Yeah I too am eagerly awaiting DC to post :laugh:

I am asking all Avalonians that are still building for Avalonia to repost pic's of their avatar's without armor and helmets. The reason I'm asking this is I don't want to include anyone's avatar's who isn't building for Avalonia anymore in any future mocs. I also want to know how many members we really still have.

I am asking all Avalonians that are still building for Avalonia to repost pic's of their avatar's without armor and helmets. The reason I'm asking this is I don't want to include anyone's avatar's who isn't building for Avalonia anymore in any future mocs. I also want to know how many members we really still have.

6907788445_ba1babc0a8_z.jpg

Lord Legonardo of Glevum very much still building for Avalonia

(under his armor (from dragon knights prison) is the dragon knight uhmm... Knight torso (whith the chains etc))

thanks for that, I have now FINALY gotten round to posting my sig-fig :sweet:

EDIT: Also I noticed my title has gone from 'vassal' to 'Citizen', does that mean anything?

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

1329986199m_SPLASH.jpg

Nicholas Greybolt and his little Troop of Men would like to enter the Guild. Sir!

Nicholas Greybolt and his little troop of men need to join another guild. Avalonia's full, sorry.

Nicholas Greybolt and his little troop of men need to join another guild. Avalonia's full, sorry.

Maybe we should wait on that and see where we really stand with our member count.

Maybe we should wait on that and see where we really stand with our member count.

Each guild other than Nocturnus, seemed to fall off from watchtower to embassy, but I don't know if that means that people are quitting. Although, Avalonia had the same drop rate (around 40%) as the other guilds that means that many more members did not participate in the second challenge for Avalonia than any other guild. In fact, Avalonia probably dropped the population of Nocturnus. I think the idea of a role call is a good idea at this point. As the only closed guild, you guys are not getting the influx of fresh talent the rest of the guilds are getting. I am not saying you all need talent :) I am saying that it is nice to have fresh meat in there supplementing those who are on break / burned out / doing other projects / etc...

I am also still here ! :classic:

(having a bit of a builders block after the embassy challenge, but I am planning to start on my Albion build this weekend...)

This is my character: Kariny Rhiannon

1325706780m_SPLASH.jpg

1328439723m_SPLASH.jpg

I agree that many members in every guild have stopped building, now that we see the initial hype of the Guilds has passed, we can see who are the ones who have stuck around. Namely the ones who have been building a lot. I think its best to look at the Embassy entries to get a good idea of who's really consisant for each guild. Then again, a lot of people who signd up may just be waiting for something to come along that they want to take part in and build. However, I feel we may need to open Avalonia's doors again to see if we can get any more 'Keepers'.

The way I see it, out of everyone who joined at the begining, there are a large group from each guild who I would say will be the ones who will see it through to the end, the ones that each guild can rely on. New people will join each guild and some might not stay long, but there will also be some who do and join the group of dedicated 'Guilders'.

We want to intice as many people in as possible. As many of you probably now know, the members over at ClassicCastle.com have now set up their own Guild project 'Lands Of Classic Castle' LCC for short.

Now hopefully, after they have had time to settle in and get their guilds up and running, we may look into haveing some sort of huge battle comp against them, forum vs forum, GOH vs LCC. This would be great fun and would probably involve all our guilds uniting to battle them. However, this is still a way off, and many things would have to be worked out, but we would aim to make it something special.

In the meantime, it has become fairly obvious that building up your lands and Historica in general, is something every guild has been doing in their free builds. So when it comes to main challenges it would seem pointless to ask you all to 'build a farm' or 'build a church' etc, because you are all doing things like that yourselves anyway. So we hope to make the challenges a bit more different to the usual 'build your land' type ideas and to also allow a bit more freedom, for example, the next challenge will have no size limit. As for what that challenge is, all will be revealed shortly, but first there will be a short story that will set up what the challenge will be.

Stay tuned

DC

the guild leaders keep on teasing us with this new challenge. :wacko: I'm checking GoH every five minutes now. My boss is about to fire me.

Please save my job and give me a date when the new challenge will be revealed. :wink:

looking forward to the first ever global-build-war between the forums!

Here you go

6761250781_129901bab0.jpg

However, my building time has currently gone down a lot and I may be building only fewer smaller MOC's. It seems reality has finally caught up with me

default_hmpfbad.gif.

Edited by Andonii

I'm still here!

Lord Arlindus

Arlindus2-M.jpg

Edited by MikeyB