Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Finally got my last BL order in today for my Embassy, and finished it up. It is located in Nocturnus, in the swamps of Moruth. Check it out!

6779533109_9d2fa1121a.jpg

I also have a high rez gallery on Flickr, since Brickshelf appears to be down

Edited by rogueang

Nice recent buildings everyone, excellent job.

And well reminding you that the embassies should be presented on the following days, for not rushing at late time. As I think gonna be. :laugh:

So the more buildings the better, we need to surpass the other guilds. :thumbup:

Avalonia ForeverĀ”

Does anyone know what is going on with Brickshelf.com? My picture's are gone blue question marks in my Avalonian Assassin guild topic. Can anyone else see them?

I started posting with Flickr pictures instead of Brickshelf today since nothing is showing up. I know Brickshelf goes down every so often, so I might stick with Flickr from now on.

I started posting with Flickr pictures instead of Brickshelf today since nothing is showing up. I know Brickshelf goes down every so often, so I might stick with Flickr from now on.

That's lame. Flicker dosen't work right on my android phone or my pc. I guess I can't post anything until it's fixed. Does anyone know how long it goes down for?

Here is a wip shot of my goldmine at the edge of the Wither Woods. I hate flickr. :dangry:

6781524439_d8187b763c.jpg

Toxic Reapa hates tiny flicker pics and dwarf miners.

6781469257_eefd5f7204.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Here is a wip shot of my goldmine at the edge of the Wither Woods. I hate flickr. :dangry:

6781524439_d8187b763c.jpg

Toxic Reapa hates tiny flicker pics and dwarf miners.

6781469257_eefd5f7204.jpg

This looks great! You always do such a great job with your vegetation. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

For a WIP your mine looks Great. I love the trees and the undergrowth. Is that one of the new "friends" butterflies I see? and those pesky tree-top dwelling rats.

Wow Captain BeerBeard! That moc is great! Love the trees and the foliage!!

That mine is really well done too. You managed to incorporate the wooden parts very nice in the rocks! Will you build a goldsmith in Albion aswell? :classic:

Looking good Captain! I really love the effect that tree gives, spreading over a large area. a whole forest full of those trees would look awesome. Nice work on the mine too, this is shaping up to be another great moc.

This looks great! You always do such a great job with your vegetation. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks. It's almost done.

For a WIP your mine looks Great. I love the trees and the undergrowth. Is that one of the new "friends" butterflies I see? and those pesky tree-top dwelling rats.

Lol Your right on the money about those damn rats! Yes, it's a Friends bfly.

Wow Captain BeerBeard! That moc is great! Love the trees and the foliage!!

That mine is really well done too. You managed to incorporate the wooden parts very nice in the rocks! Will you build a goldsmith in Albion aswell? :classic:

I wasn't sure about the wooden area but if you think it look's good, I'm not changing it.

Looking good Captain! I really love the effect that tree gives, spreading over a large area. a whole forest full of those trees would look awesome. Nice work on the mine too, this is shaping up to be another great moc.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it's acrually six seperate tree's. I hope to have a topic posted later tonight for this(I'll give flickr another chance) so check it out. I'm finishing this as I'm replying.

whew!

I have finished a build that has taken me the better part of a month. I hope I can get it photographed tomorrow. It is title "The Captain's Hall" in the Hamlet of Circardia and will feature a feast hosted by Lord Arlindus and cameos by Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan (rougang sigfig) and Mattheus the Druid(Matn's sigfig), the two closet neighbors to Circardia as well as a couple other characters.

More tomorrow!

whew!

I have finished a build that has taken me the better part of a month. I hope I can get it photographed tomorrow. It is title "The Captain's Hall" in the Hamlet of Circardia and will feature a feast hosted by Lord Arlindus and cameos by Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan (rougang sigfig) and Mattheus the Druid(Matn's sigfig), the two closet neighbors to Circardia as well as a couple other characters.

More tomorrow!

Can't wait!

Edited by rogueang

Right so, I didn't have time to build so I wrote a "fanon" history of Avalonia.

It starts with the Flight of Dragons arriving 100 years ago and the House of Rex being in power since then.

100 years ago~

The Flight of Dragons came thundering along the coast, slaying all evil before it. Their leader, Symeon Rex rules Avalonia. Symeon is wed to the warrior-queen Quintessa. They have three children, Oberon, Felton and Jane.

93 years ago~

A revolt led by the renegade Elven Lord Kevean. Symeon leads the Flight of Dragons and the Avalonian Army into battle at the Clairvoyant Plain. Both sides suffer severe casualties, after a week of battle, Symeon, Oberon and Felton meet Kevean on the Plain. Kevean kills Symeon and Oberon kills Kevean thus becoming King.

90 years ago~

Oberon weds Jane and has 1 child named Gryphix. Felton plots to take the throne....

89 years ago~

Felton proclaims Oberon a baseborn child and says he should be King, Oberon puts his guard up and has his food tasted before a feast. He has some wine tested and finds it too hot and pours cold water on it. He dies, the water was poisoned. Felton becomes King and disowns Gryphix, he sires 5 children, Petyr, Clomnel, Arya, Thanos and Loreen.

74 years ago~

Avalonia is in major debt, the treasury is empty. Quintessa dies from old age, Jane, too griefstricken, dies after taking hemlock. Thanos kills a man in public and is banished. Gryphix made a deal with a demon and returns for revenge, he turns Loreen into his slave with his newfound powers. Petyr and Felton try to rescue Loreen and are injured by traps. Gryphix challenges Felton to single combat at Dragonwing Bridge and emerges victorious. He leaves with Loreen to the Underworld. Petyr is crowned and Gryphix's demonspawn children executed.

70 years ago~

Petyr's obessesion with the elves makes him have an expedition into the Enchanted Forest. No survivors. Arya takes the throne.

65 years ago~

Thanos is found alive and taken to Avalonia. Arya weds him and they have twins named Quintus and Melissa.

50 years ago~

The Avalonia Assassins Guild is found. Pirates plunder the coast, Flight of Dragons nearly wiped out by the flaming arrows fired from the sea. Quintus dies in the carnage. Melissa marries Bron of Wyvern Rock and leaves the capital.

30 years ago~

After many wars, Equlibrion, son of Bron takes the name Rex and rules Avalonia with a new approach. Treasury replenished.

Equilibrion marries Lady Stark of Wyvern Rock

25 years ago~

Artorius is born!

15 years ago~

A fire blazes through a city, the King and Queen die saving lives. Artorius rules.

2 years ago~

Guild begun.

Present day.

Hope this doesn't bore you, some feedback would be appreciated

Edited by VolcanicPanik

Right so, I didn't have time to build so I wrote a "fanon" history of Avalonia.

It starts with the Flight of Dragons arriving 100 years ago and the House of Rex being in power since then.

100 years ago~

The Flight of Dragons came thundering along the coast, slaying all evil before it. Their leader, Symeon Rex rules Avalonia. Symeon is wed to the warrior-queen Quintessa. They have three children, Oberon, Felton and Jane.

93 years ago~

A revolt led by the Elven Lord Kevean. Symeon leads the Flight of Dragons and the Avalonian Army into battle at the Clairvoyant Plain. Both sides suffer severe casualties, after a week of battle, Symeon, Oberon and Felton meet Kevean on the Plain. Kevean kills Symeon and Oberon kills Kevean thus becoming King.

90 years ago~

Oberon weds Jane and has 1 child named Gryphix. Felton plots to take the throne....

89 years ago~

Felton proclaims Oberon a baseborn child and says he should be King, Oberon puts his guard up and has his food tasted before a feast. He has some wine tested and finds it too hot and pours cold water on it. He dies, the water was poisoned. Felton becomes King and disowns Gryphix, he sires 5 children, Petyr, Clomnel, Arya, Thanos and Loreen.

74 years ago~

Avalonia is in major debt, the treasury is empty. Quintessa dies from old age, Jane, too griefstricken, dies after taking hemlock. Thanos kills a man in public and is banished. Gryphix made a deal with a demon and returns for revenge, he turns Loreen into his slave with his newfound powers. Petyr and Felton try to rescue Loreen and are injured by traps. Gryphix challenges Felton to single combat at Dragonwing Bridge and emerges victorious. He leaves with Loreen to the Underworld. Petyr is crowned and Gryphix's demonspawn children executed.

70 years ago~

Petyr's obessesion with the elves makes him have an expedition into the Enchanted Forest. No survivors. Arya takes the throne.

65 years ago~

Thanos is found alive and taken to Avalonia. Arya weds him and they have twins named Quintus and Melissa.

50 years ago~

The Avalonia Assassins Guild is found. Pirates plunder the coast, Flight of Dragons nearly wiped out by the cannons. Quintus dies in the carnage. Melissa marries Bron of Wyvern Rock and leaves the capital.

30 years ago~

After many wars, Equlibrion, son of Bron takes the name Rex and rules Avalonia with a new approach. Treasury replenished.

Equilibrion marries Lady Stark of Wyvern Rock

25 years ago~

Artorius is born!

15 years ago~

A fire blazes through a city, the King and Queen die saving lives. Artorius rules.

2 years ago~

Guild begun.

Present day.

Hope this doesn't bore you, some feedback would be appreciated

You are forgetting the druids and the elves who came and lived in the forest while taking part in the war against drow.

<snip>

Good historical outline. Seems like a lot of incest though!

A. I agree with Marmot - lots of incest, but that was common practice back then.

B. agree with Andonii that this kind of clashes with our timeline. I would like to see this moved back about 300-400 years and say these were Artorious ancestors.

C. I thought we weren't using cannon and gunpowder, only archaic guns and alternative gunpowder uses.

D. I would rather have Kevean be a drow or a renegade Lord or a orc/ogre/bandit/pirate king, that sort of thing, and maybe this was when the Dragonflight got wiped out?

E. I'm not sure on the Assassin's guild timeline - my guess is that Beerbeard would know.

F. I like the story - lots of twists and turns and intrigue. I would like to see some expansion on these events, such as why the war, a little more about the characters, etc.

Edited by rogueang

To address your points.

A. Incest may be illegal(?) now but it was a common practice in ye olden days

B. To clarify, the druids are still here, its just that the Dragonflight came earlier.

C. Addressed.

D. Kevean is a renegade, but an Elven lord to boot.

E. I'll ask the Captain

F. Thank you! I will try to add in more events and detail.

Casglu Ardd, my submition for the High King of the Elves build

Orthus4-M.jpg

more images and backstory can be found here

Also added Founder's Day feast in Circardia inside the Captain's Hall

captain8-M.jpg

More images and backstory can be found here

Edited by MikeyB

Excellent builds Mikey!

Interesting Idea there Vocanicpanik, the Druids started it all, and there is also a hidden object that protects the realm, hidden somewhere...

As you have all been busy working on your own areas, I thought it would be a good idea for you each of you to come up with a bit of History for your area, it will help flush out Avalonia a bit more and give some info about that area, how it came to be, has it got any legends or interesting history? You can tie it in to the main Avalonia legends and history if you wish, maybe your area said to be built on a grave of a ancient Druid, or prehaps a sleeping dragon lies buried beneath your town, or does your area lay claim to being the place where the ancient Druids first steeped foot on the land? What ever you wish, it would just be nice to have some info.

This is why I think we should all compile togther 'The Travellers Guide To Avalonia'. I thought we could start a thread which could be used to represent a book, and in this thread you can add all your stories, historys and general Avalonia legends. But only add complete stories and info to the thread as we don't want it to be full up with unfinished ideas. For example, there may be a special ritual stone in your area that has its own legend, or a secret lake that has healing waters. Any little storie like this, what ever you come up with can be added into the Travellers Guide. This will also serve and help to give inspiration for builds. You might cfind you come up with an interesting storie/legend that would make a great moc. In Avalonia, we are looking to the future and building our great land, but lets not forget our mythical and legendary past. There are lots of great oppertunities for mocs here, it would be interesting to see some mocs built of important scenes from our past. This is what I hope this idea will bring.

So come up with some history on your area and any stories or legends you wish to add and then post it in the thread. Remember, it will be good to have a thread that reads like a guide book to our land, it will make a good addition to our guild and then we can use the thread like an idea book and have a go at building mocs from the stories and legends people have added.

Let me know what you think about this whole idea, if you are all interested then I will start the thread. It doesn't have to be called 'The Travellers Guide' thats just a suggestion, you may come up with a better name.

Hopefully we can get this show book on the road and start exploring our land to the extreme!

I'm really starting to hate Avalonia.

???

Too Woodsey?

Too Talkative?

Too Historical?

Too goody two shoes?