Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Guildsmen of Avalonia, I have an announcement!

In the heart of Avalonia lies a huge hidden Temple and Feasting Hall. Built by the founders of our land and hidden by a spell of concealment it has lain in wait for centuries. Inside the feasting hall is a great table and a seat for all of you. Only a true hero who has proved his worth in all areas will be finally allowed to enter and take their seat. It is the ultimate privilege.

I have started to build the hall and table, it will be very grand, and as soon as someone passes the test and gains entry, I will place their sig-fig in their seat at the table. At the end of this, I hope to see every ones sig-fig placed round the table. It will make a great end to this project and the final picture of the hall and all your sig-figs sitting round the table, will be enlarged and framed, then heading off to be hung at its new home somewhere very special :wink: But that's a secret till the end.

So how do you gain entry? Well, below are 7 titles. To gain access to the Temple and your seat at the table, you will need to earn all seven of these titles, but don't rush all at once to do them, because only 1 person can go for a title at a time. Here's how it works:

I will need 6 volunteers to each pick one of the titles to go for and build the appropriate moc for that title. Once you have done this and claimed a title each, you will then each have to pick another guild member who will be the next to do the task and earn the title, and then they too will pick another member when they have earned the title, and so on and so on. Eventually it will circle round until every member has earned every title. The 7th title will be handed out by myself over the course of time if you prove worthy. Once you receive the 7th and final title, you will be received into the Temple and your sig-fig will be place in his seat at the table. Obviously, when you choose the next member for a task, you can't pick someone who has already done that particular task. To keep track of who has done what, I will write a list of all your names and write each title you earn by your name. This way, you will be able to see who has got what title, and be able to pick a member who needs the title you hold.

Here are the titles and tasks.

Lord High Executioner:

We have no remorse for captured enemy soldiers who have spilt our peoples blood. The punishment is death. The first member who would like this title, has to create and executioner fig and dungeon scene.

High King Of The Elves:

The tribe of Elves who live in the Enchanted Forest are fearsome and resourceful warriors who defend Avalonia with their lives. The first member who would like this title will have to build an Elven scene. You dont have to use Lego's own Elf figs, you can create your own if you wish.

Lord High Chief of Agriculture:

Farming is an important aspect of Avalonia's daily life. Build a farming scene to achieve this title.

Champion Of Avalonia:

Avalonia needs a champion, one who will raise the morale of the land when he rides into battle.

To earn this title, create your own champion and show him defeating an opponent in a joust.

Siege Expert:

Every land needs its siege weapons! To earn this title, build an example of an Avalonian siege weapon.

Prince Of The Forest:

The forest outlaws are skilled in stealth and archery, 2nd only to the Elves when it comes to knowledge of the forest.

To earn this title, build a forest outlaw hideout.

Chief Architect Of Avalonia: This final title will be handed out by myself and only to those who have proved their building skills in the main challenges with the other lands and produced some fine mocs for our land.

You don't have to build anything extravagant and large for these tasks. Most can be built on a 16x16 base plate, but its up to you. Be creative and try to push yourselves, but above all, have fun.

I hope I have explained this well enough. If you are unsure about anything just ask.

I'd like to make it clear, that these small tasks are NOT part of the main project. Its just a little idea that I have devised for you my guildsmen, to help your building skills grow, to thank you for joining and to have a nice reward at the end of all this.

Like I said earlier, there is no rush to do this, as you will also be participating in the main challenges between all guilds. So just try and complete these tasks in between when you can.

Good luck, I hope to see you all gain entry, and become a part of history with the final picture!

If a member takes up the task and is granted the title, he will then become head

I voulenteer for prince of the forest as I'm actually building a forest hideout. I will pm you some pics of it, soon.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

You Sir are awesome! That's a great idea and I appreciate you for your effort.

I see I have joined the perfect Guild. (Beside the fact, that I didn't have a single flag in our colours!) But it will be lots of fun.

Am I right in assuming that I already have a title?

I see Prince of the Forest has already been taken, so I think I'd like to volunteer for Siege Expert.

I (Lord Whitetiger) volunteer to be "Champion Of Avalonia" as I am born to be and look like a champion!

Champion Of Avalonia:

Avalonia needs a champion, one who will raise the morale of the land when he rides into battle.

To earn this title, create your own champion and show him defeating an opponent in a joust.

Edited by timura

You Sir are awesome! That's a great idea and I appreciate you for your effort.

I see I have joined the perfect Guild. (Beside the fact, that I didn't have a single flag in our colours!) But it will be lots of fun.

Am I right in assuming that I already have a title?

Well yes sort of, as I was originly going to pick people to do the tasks, then changed that idea. So you are down for the task of building a little farm scene. Is that ok?

I see four tasks have been taken, leaving only two remaining. But don't worry, as soon as they have completed the tasks they will then choose the next members to do so.

I voulenteer for prince of the forest as I'm actually building a forest hideout. I will pm you some pics of it, soon.

I wish you the best of luck, beloved guild brother!

Honor our forests and be bold and brave in your task!

ciao!

So you are down for the task of building a little farm scene. Is that ok?

Should be possible!

I wanted to have the first title as soon as possible. So here it is:

For the champion of Avalonia. Our champion (in this case its me:)) Lord Whitetiger beats his opponent from the scorpion knight and the crowd is pleased with the result.

champion_of_avalonia_1.jpg

Scorpion knight lost all of his charisma this defeat!

champion_of_avalonia_2.jpg

As next. I want to volunteer for Lord High Executioner before anybody gets it.

Lord High Executioner:

We have no remorse for captured enemy soldiers who have spilt our peoples blood. The punishment is death. The first member who would like this title, has to create and executioner fig and dungeon scene.

Edited by timura

Wow, what a splendid idea :) bravo ;)

I can't wait to see new creations

On the other hand: akhm... what? Puny surfacers are playing nobles? You should better start building high and sturdy walls, but it is just as hopeless, because the doom will come from the ground, and noble Drow will make your forest into a hunting ground. Until then, play in your little castles scary executioners, because that word does not exist in Drow - we want our slaves to live trough everything.

So, we are coming, as soon as our lord Ssilyrrlith gives an order, or even little sooner ;) See that hidden Temple and Feasting Hall are finished by then; we do not want to be disappointed while looting :)

On the other hand: akhm... what? Puny surfacers are playing nobles? You should better start building high and sturdy walls, but it is just as hopeless, because the doom will come from the ground, and noble Drow will make your forest into a hunting ground. Until then, play in your little castles scary executioners, because that word does not exist in Drow - we want our slaves to live trough everything.

So, we are coming, as soon as our lord Ssilyrrlith gives an order, or even little sooner ;) See that hidden Temple and Feasting Hall are finished by then; we do not want to be disappointed while looting :)

Nobel brothers and sisters of Avalonia, I hear there have been threats levied against thee. For a fair price, we would be more than happy to provide enchanted Sheilds from our Mystics which has proven effective in warding off some of the less desirably visitors.

Edited by SI-mocs

I wanted to have the first title as soon as possible.

Keep it easy man. We aren't in a rush, aren't we? :wink:

I think if I understand our Guildmaster right, we are also on the target to achive quality creations... so take your time.

Not saying you made no nice Moc! I like it and a big hooray on your victory!

I would like to Volunteer for the High Lord Executioner, however I am not sure if it has been taken, as I see timure has completed his work very quickly :thumbup: .

If timure has got the ball rolling with the executioner I would like to request he select me for the champion of Avalonia build as I have a good Idea for that too :sweet: .

Cheers all

I now present to those in Avalonia.....Lord Tigerius.

my_warrior_99.jpg

Ready to serve Avalonia to the best and beyond his abilities ! :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

I'll take High Lord Executioner then. :devil:

I'm not sure if Timure has taken it? check back a page any you'll see it.

I now present to those in Avalonia.....Lord Tigerius.

my_warrior_99.jpg

Ready to serve Avalonia to the best and beyond his abilities ! :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

I always wondered what you looked like but my magical Cube of Nevan showed me right before you joined Avalonia.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

I, Narn Bel Iluov, Narbilu in short, and my Hemresa Legion will pledge my alliance with the Avalonia guild.

Hemresa Region

Between the West Region and the Middle Region lays a path, we call Hemresa, which is used as a shortcut by many merchants. But danger lures in every corner and bush beside the path and without the right precaution, little merchants get to the other side without casualties or loss of goods.

Hemresa Outposts & HQ

On both ends of the Hemresa path are structures where merchants and other travelers can sign up for the journey across Hemresa. The small outposts have enough space to accommodate at least one Hemresa Legion Squad. Each outpost is equipped with an owl post.

Exactly in the middle of the path you will find the Hemresa headquarters. It’s a small accommodation, suitable for Narbilu’s Legion Squad and the big man himself. An office with chartroom, the barracks and storage room.

Narbilu

His name is Narn Bel Iluov, the son of the Dryad, named Allinillith, believed to be a direct descendant of one of the ancient druids. Possesses a small spark of Gaya’s magic and uses it to all the advantages. Decades of wandering the forests of the West Region and the isles of the Middle Region made him one of the best and cautious guides of Avalonia. His knowledge and strength attracted a lot of followers, faithful and loyal to his cause. Armed with helmet and breastplate he can collect a strong amount of blows, more than enough to return the favor and swing his double handed hammer. Next to the hammer, Narbilu wields a staff with an enchanted green ruby.

hemresa_narbilu.jpg

The Hemresa Legion

The Hemresa Legion are mercenary guides, who help the merchants walk this path at a fastest pace possible and with minimum harm, depending on the donation. The donations vary from a cut of the merchandise, payment in gold or other valuables to return services.

Hemresa Legion Squad

Narbilu’s Legion is divided in legion squads of enough henchmen to make a save journey across the Hemresa path.

Hemresa Legionnaires

Trained to fight the mystical creatures and bandits luring for treasure or just a feasts meal. They are loyal to Narbilu and not the client. Equipped with single or double handed axes and armed with hardened helmets and breastplates they are the stronger Hemresa footmen.

hemresa_legionnairres.jpg

Hemresa Beast Cavalry

As strong as an ox, as fast as and much more dexterous than a horse, the Hemresa Beast Cavalry is more than unusual. These men are highly trained and use their abilities to ride forest trolls. Their beast is their weapon. With large chains they control their beasts, but the long relationship between the rider and the troll need little communication. The rider sits in a sturdy seat on the back of the beast having a perfect overview of the battle.

hemresa_cavalry.jpg

Hemresa Savages

Deep in the forest of the West Region is a tribe of savage orcs, cut of from civilization. Nissk, one of Narbilu henchmen, caught a few and uses them as trackers. Their claws and jaws are a reasonable threat to anyone crossing their road. Hooked up to steel chains they tack their pray with their natural senses. With his savages and his whip, no one is save from the will of Nissk.

hemresa_nissk.jpg

Hemresa Scouts

Only the best and most knowledgeable scouts and trackers may join the Hemresa Legion. Eyes for detail and danger and responsible for a save journey. Clothed in hooded capes and camouflage clothing, they tend to be stealthy in the woodlands of the Hemresa path. Equipped with a metal pointed spear, they can clear paths before enemies can react.

hemresa_scouts.jpg

Hemresa Thunderer

The right hand of Narbilu is the dwarven blacksmith (how cliché). He discovered a vain in the deepest cave of West Region with a very hard metal (Tri-illium), not easy to forge but stronger than steel. The first thing he forged was Narbilu’s hammer. Now every Hemresa henchman walks with weapons made by the hand and hammer of Thunderer. Next to being the best blacksmith he is a fears warrior and dragon hunter.

hemresa_thunderer.jpg

Hemresa Standard Bearer

This is the task of the newest member of the Legionnaires. A sort of initiation test. Walk proudly with the Hemresa standard and fight in honor of Narbilu and Avalonia.

hemresa_standard_bearer.jpg

Hemresa Owls

Narbilu uses owls to be his eyes in the sky and as message bringers to the outposts of Hemresa.

And the whole Legion

hemresa_legion.jpg

Edited by narbilu

Welcome new members glad to have you here. Figs are looking great!

I wanted to have the first title as soon as possible. So here it is:

For the champion of Avalonia. Our champion (in this case its me:)) Lord Whitetiger beats his opponent from the scorpion knight and the crowd is pleased with the result.

champion_of_avalonia_1.jpg

Scorpion knight lost all of his charisma this defeat!

champion_of_avalonia_2.jpg

Lord High Executioner:

Im glad to see you have completed your task, and you now have that tittle, BUT, you may not pick another task, you will now have to wait until someone picks you for another task. Your job is to now pick and name a member who will be next to do the task you have just done.

There are still two tasks open for members to kick start. Remember, there is really no need to rush these tasks, you have plenty of time to get them all complete and I'd like you to try and do the best you can, as you will become a better builder if you push yourselves.

May I please Volunteer for the High Lord Executioner :cry_happy:

Yes, go right ahead :classic:

This now leaves 'High King Of The Elves' So if someone would like to volunteer for that, then that gets the ball rolling with all the tasks. Remember, once you have completed a task, choose the next member for that task and then wait to be chosen for a different task.

Yes, go right ahead :classic:

This now leaves 'High King Of The Elves' So if someone would like to volunteer for that, then that gets the ball rolling with all the tasks. Remember, once you have completed a task, choose the next member for that task and then wait to be chosen for a different task.

I Would, but I won't be home the next few days, so maybe the next turn

Awesome tasks, Derfel Cadarn! It's very nice and it pushes us builders in directions we wouldn't have gone otherwise. My character hopes to join the Avalonia Guild very soon, he awaits a dark green flag to be delivered, but it seems the delivery man doesn't find his forest home yet again.*

In other words, I have yet to get me some Kingdoms sets (tomorrow). :blush:

Didn't I already volunteer for High Lord Executioner? :look: Oh well, i'll take High King of the Elves.

Edited by volcanicpanik